NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

PriceActionSwing discussion

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Silvester17 with 177 posts (570 thanks)
    2. looks_two dorschden with 99 posts (1,125 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 52 posts (90 thanks)
    4. looks_4 jmont1 with 51 posts (23 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one dorschden with 11.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sudhirc with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 977,777 views
    2. thumb_up 2,948 thanks given
    3. group 613 followers
    1. forum 2,093 posts
    2. attach_file 615 attachments

Search this Thread

PriceActionSwing discussion

kevin123 
orangeburg, SC United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Currency Stocks
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Is there a NT8 market analyzer template for the PriceActionSwing Indicatorexist?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_912.png
Views:	154
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	326082  

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

set2win
Atlanta GA/USA

Thanks for the updated ProV2. One way I found out to modify the file is to edit in visual studio and save. Rather than edit in Ninjascript editor. ie to add exposed series EntryLevelLine, add it as an Public series and comment out or remove the the private remarks. But for anyone trying to add it as a strategy Condition the strategy builder does not setup the DataLoaded remark correctly, it should look something like: PriceActionSwingProV21 = PriceActionSwingProV2(Close,NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.PASEnums.SwingStyle.Gann, 2,20, false, true, true, false); So I added the AbcSignals as a condition long =1 and short =-1 on a 30 sec NQ it does pretty good. Just need to develop it to be more consistent over different market conditions as some weeks it kills it and other weeks not so good. If anyone has other conditions they think might improve this please post comments.

Thanked by:
 jmont1 
New York, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader8
Broker: Data = Rithmic -- Gives 70 Level II Data
Trading: 6C (Low Margin,) 6E, CL, GC, ES and Maybe DX for smaller tick value
Thanks Given: 1,719
Thanks Received: 1,020

set2win View Post
Thanks for the updated ProV2. One way I found out to modify the file is to edit in visual studio and save. Rather than edit in Ninjascript editor. ie to add exposed series EntryLevelLine, add it as an Public series and comment out or remove the the private remarks. But for anyone trying to add it as a strategy Condition the strategy builder does not setup the DataLoaded remark correctly, it should look something like: PriceActionSwingProV21 = PriceActionSwingProV2(Close,NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.PASEnums.SwingStyle.Gann, 2,20, false, true, true, false); So I added the AbcSignals as a condition long =1 and short =-1 on a 30 sec NQ it does pretty good. Just need to develop it to be more consistent over different market conditions as some weeks it kills it and other weeks not so good. If anyone has other conditions, they think might improve this please post comments.

@set2win, I have thought that adding the last swing size could be of help in auto trading. So, NQ is a difficult one, but if discussing ES for example. You may want to preclude an entry if the current swing has already moved 60 ticks. As it is getting long in the tooth and will probably pull back.

Would appreciate if you could post your version that has the -1 / 1 code. Thank you!

ark321 
Atlanta+GA/USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TS, NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Received: 6

jmont1 ... Unfortunately I can't post code as much of it is complex and some of it proprietary. If you use the Strategy Builder you can create it, using Condition, select indicator select abcsignal equals Numeric value 1 for long, -1 for short. Just remember to change in the code itself the Dataloaded reference for the indicator. On your suggestion, Ill have to study that and how to calculate the size. I'm just starting to learn about swing theory.

kevin123 
orangeburg, SC United States

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Currency Stocks

Hello Everyone,

I think this indicator is really cool. Loads everything so amazingly fast! Is there a way for it to generate ABC signal in the NT8 Market Analyzer Window. I have been trying to figure this out but no luck. Can some share some pictures with instructions on how to do this? I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Tradarr 
Atlanta Ga. USA

Platform: NT8,ThinkorSwim,
Trading: Grains
Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 88

Has there been any talk or attempt to add plots for break of structure or change of character to PAS or PAS Pro?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Gunk 
Columbus, oh, usa

Platform: Jigsaw
Trading: Indices
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 4

@dorschden

This is a great indicator. Good job!

I really wish that I could get a ratio to display over each swing value that prints. The ratio would be of the total contracts traded in the swing to the ticks in swing.

For example on ES:

In that image, the first swing shows your swing value indicator printing 6.4k contracts in a -42 tick swing. I added the simple math of dividing the 42 ticks by the 6.4k contracts (I remove two decimal places for ratios to have easier to read numbers) 42 / 6.4 = 6.5... 6.5:1

The math is simple of course but I wanted to know where I might enter this into the code to get this to print as I've described.

The benefit of this is to be able to quickly recognize low volume swings relative to the current price action. I am constantly doing this math in my head and would love to just have it print for me.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanked by:
 milehightrader 
Tampa FL

Platform: NinjaTrader, Jigsaw
Broker: NinjaTrader Clearing, Rithmic
Trading: MNQ, MES
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 18

Hi,

You might use the 'SwingRays2B' indicator for this - it will alert on price Break of Structure. I think it's somewhere in the downloads section or NinjaTraders User App Share.

Tradarr View Post
Has there been any talk or attempt to add plots for break of structure or change of character to PAS or PAS Pro?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
 milehightrader 
Tampa FL

Platform: NinjaTrader, Jigsaw
Broker: NinjaTrader Clearing, Rithmic
Trading: MNQ, MES
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 18

I'm not sure if the FormulaIndicator will work for this, but it's possible some of the code from the FormulaIndicator could be used for this, or the indicator itself might somehow be able to compute this.

Gunk View Post
@dorschden

This is a great indicator. Good job!

I really wish that I could get a ratio to display over each swing value that prints. The ratio would be of the total contracts traded in the swing to the ticks in swing.

For example on ES:

In that image, the first swing shows your swing value indicator printing 6.4k contracts in a -42 tick swing. I added the simple math of dividing the 42 ticks by the 6.4k contracts (I remove two decimal places for ratios to have easier to read numbers) 42 / 6.4 = 6.5... 6.5:1

The math is simple of course but I wanted to know where I might enter this into the code to get this to print as I've described.

The benefit of this is to be able to quickly recognize low volume swings relative to the current price action. I am constantly doing this math in my head and would love to just have it print for me.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanked by:
 Tradarr 
Atlanta Ga. USA

Platform: NT8,ThinkorSwim,
Trading: Grains
Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 88

milehightrader View Post
Hi,

You might use the 'SwingRays2B' indicator for this - it will alert on price Break of Structure. I think it's somewhere in the downloads section or NinjaTraders User App Share.

Thanks! For now I'll use the Darvas Box for Break Of Structure in strong trends.

Last Updated on January 7, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts