NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

stressless trading - Jam's StrategicDaytrading.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one JamTheTrader with 15 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 12 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 BeachTrader with 9 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sharmas with 8 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Cristian with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JamTheTrader with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 50,940 views
    2. thumb_up 100 thanks given
    3. group 35 followers
    1. forum 107 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

stressless trading - Jam's StrategicDaytrading.com

sigmatrader 
Blythe, CA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader7 and 8
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: CL, GC, UB
Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Received: 62

Anyone know the details of the demise of Strategic Day Trading and AutoProTrader? APT8 was released for NT8 in October 2016 with an update in early 2017. Their trade room was still running then. Following that all of JAM's websites were taken down and the traderoom stopped. One of the websites had videos on all of his indicators and maybe some documentation. The videos on that website are what I am seeking. Thanks for any info.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

ironman07 
Kansas City Mo.

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradestation
Broker: tradestation
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 47

Remember this guy well. Remember he was master at switching his methodology once things stopped working and on to the next style. always talked about the on style that was working and ignore the rest. His auto trader I saw was very optomoized so when it stopped producing he moved off into the sunset///

gt1spy 
omaha ne usa

Platform: ninja, tradestation
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

i own the Jam's StrategicDaytrading.com indicators... is this guy still trading.. need somehelp with some of his indicators

sigmatrader 
Blythe, CA

gt1spy View Post
i own the Jam's StrategicDaytrading.com indicators... is this guy still trading.. need somehelp with some of his indicators

As far as I know he dropped out of the scene late 2016 early 2017 just after releasing a half finished NT8 version of his code. NT8 coding must have done him in and couldn't afford his programmer....just guessing. He even charged in advance for the NT8 version and failed to deliver all the strategies like he had for NT7. Probably had lawyers chasing him. His former trade room moderators haven't heard from him either. I wish he had left his website up that had descriptions and videos of all the tools. I suspect his following was not large and his trading black belt training didn't win matches. I most always record such sites just for this disappearing act, but APT is one that I never got around to. Like you, I would like information on the indicators. Searches on the net turn up nothing.

gt1spy 
omaha ne usa

Platform: ninja, tradestation
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Well that's not going to work out too good, indicators that I thought I had a lifetime license for are expiring on the 28th. I need to find him for that and see if you would have been up for helping to build a ninja Trader automated system or Tradestation.. planB

sigmatrader 
Blythe, CA

How can you tell when a vendor's dll is going to expire? It was possible back in the TS4 - TS2000 days. Can't remember how I did it. I bought into the APT software back in the APT4 days during a huge discount sale. Same for APT5,6,7,8 when Jim was fundraising. Always puzzled me how a vendor who promoted himself as successful and taught black belt trading always had problems supporting his programmers with trading his own system. Since JAM disappeared I've often wondered when the code would stop working. When the license server would stop. As for APT8 the NT8 revisions will give it a partial death because of the graphics/drawing changes. Honestly I don't use APT8(NT8) and APT7(NT7), but have been looking at some of the APT indicators for use in SharkIndicators BloodHound and BlackBird for signal and strategy creation. His Harmonic bar is really a specially configured uniRenko. One of his novel approaches was a continuation trade on the big tails. It looked to me like his packages had promise, but I never used them or learned to use them. I did record a lot of his presentations and some videos on his website, but most was lost in disk drives that failed. Just put money into APT as an investment for the future,,,,,,however the future never arrived, some investments go to zero. The funny thing is Jim would start his trading sessions off with a prayer,,,,laugh, yes he did, as though the pit gods were listening. Apparently the devil was listening.

Thanked by:
 romus 
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Legendary Wicked Trader

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: SPI
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 1,975
Thanks Received: 3,154

I also have APT version 7 but hardly used it as support was only promised and never properly delivered.
They were offering few services (one was trading futures account - for a fee) but the service was very poor and it was hard to get some answers for simple questions.

Yes, they were offering good discounts on APT version which just happen to be superseded next week by a better one.
My guess is they were just financing the software development this way - just to pay their programmer :-(

When nothing goes right... go left
Thanked by:
 romus 
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Legendary Wicked Trader

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: SPI
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 1,975
Thanks Received: 3,154

And now I am trapped as well as after having the PC serviced the Machine ID has changed and my licence is not good any more.
I have sent the e-mails to any known address of APT and they did not go through.
Even Skype ID's are just waving Goodbye!

Hmmm, just found this:
https://jamstrategytrading.com/contact
Is he doing the same for Tradestation users?

When nothing goes right... go left
Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 3, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts