NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 945 posts (6,447 thanks)
    2. looks_two tigertrader with 101 posts (1,011 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tderrick with 88 posts (205 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 85 posts (437 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 10 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 6.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 VinceVirgil with 3.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 400,711 views
    2. thumb_up 11,064 thanks given
    3. group 162 followers
    1. forum 2,157 posts
    2. attach_file 207 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,405

More brilliant sim trades. Seems most of them are! Anyway, I was 6 for 8 today with two break evens. Granted, I got real good signals this morning before prices went into the chop zone. And then the higher time frame charts went into a structure I did not recognize so just decided to quit.

Then I read my friend @AJ s journal about his dad being hit by a car. That did it, I am finished for the day. Time to go home and be with family.

As to the fiber being laid to my house, I was wrong, its just to the neighborhood junction box. Still gonna have copper to the house. Oh well. Better than nothing.

Cheers.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
 Superdoug3 
Vernon, BC, Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Charts
Broker: Zaner Group (Transact)
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 113
Thanks Received: 64

would a 13 tick slippage on the SL happen in Live? I was in SIM at the time. I was trying out 8r bars on CL and 2 bars happened fast, not big bars, but fast. Tape was slow up until then, happened at 6:59 PST time.
I know it is only SIM
I am with Transact, I hear that they are good. In Live, would I have a valid complaint, or is that just the way it is in CL? I had a decent profit and should have lost 2 ticks not 15 ticks. I switched back to 144t charts.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Superdoug3 View Post
would a 13 tick slippage on the SL happen in Live? I was in SIM at the time. I was trying out 8r bars on CL and 2 bars happened fast, not big bars, but fast. Tape was slow up until then, happened at 6:59 PST time.
I know it is only SIM
I am with Transact, I hear that they are good. In Live, would I have a valid complaint, or is that just the way it is in CL? I had a decent profit and should have lost 2 ticks not 15 ticks. I switched back to 144t charts.

News. Answers is yes, don't trade around NEWS.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

gain247 
Helsinki, Finland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT8
Broker: NTB
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 125
Thanks Received: 123

Yes, when trading CL around news, anything can happen. If you think 7am PST was bad, look at 7:30am PST when Oil Inventory Report came out and you would have experienced absolutely terrible slippage since spread was propably tens of ticks. Also, SIM does NOT reflect the same slippage what real live contracts would have got. In Ninja, I mostly get worse slippage in SIM mode than in real $$ trading.

Thanked by:
 Superdoug3 
Vernon, BC, Canada

for News of CL and 6E and 6A - specifically economic calendars - what do you suggest
1. Trader's hideout suggested Forex factory - no good for CL
2. I can not get futures.io (formerly BMT) > quick links > economic calendar to come up, but when I did, it was just a long list sorted by day and for today Oct 26, no CL reports were on futures.io (formerly BMT) economic calendar
3. there is an NT indicator, Econewsreader, but I use Sierra Chart. Some one in Trader's hideout suggested that this may run stand alone, perhaps it is an exe file.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

Superdoug3 View Post
for News of CL and 6E and 6A - specifically economic calendars - what do you suggest
2. I can not get futures.io (formerly BMT) > quick links > economic calendar to come up, but when I did, it was just a long list sorted by day and for today Oct 26, no CL reports were on futures.io (formerly BMT) economic calendar
3. there is an NT indicator, Econewsreader, but I use Sierra Chart. Some one in Trader's hideout suggested that this may run stand alone, perhaps it is an exe file.

Just check Forex Factory before trading. You can see all reports you need.

Oops! You said that it's not good for CL. Haha...
I'm not sure why it's not good and what kind of reports you are looking for. I think you are not gonna find calendar that says "buy here" Sell there".

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Superdoug3 View Post

All news pretty much effects CL in some way. There is no way to measure the impact from news.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 Superdoug3 
Vernon, BC, Canada

vovan348 View Post
Just check Forex Factory before trading. You can see all reports you need.

Oops! You said that it's not good for CL. Haha...
I'm not sure why it's not good and what kind of reports you are looking for.

Big Mike mentions a Wednesday CL inventory report and someone else mentions a Thursday CL report. I thought that would be the critical ones to watch for. Opps - I see it now on Forex Factory at 7:30 am PST. Yes this should be exactly what I need. I also see what Bluemele means, 7:00 PST was New Home sales in USA

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

I had a tough time getting internet connections this AM at starbucks. Anyway, still on sim. I traded only my set ups with no alternate entry methods and produced a net of 36 ticks on 9 trades.

I also tried lots of other "entry" ideas. All stopped out. I am sticking with the basics for now!

Hopefully I will have internet back at my place tomorrow sometime. Then back to real trading.

Until then....

Cheers

Started this thread
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Another day on sim. still waiting on my internet connection to be back up. The cable company said it would be yesterday. No dice. Maybe today.

+11 ticks today after 11 trades. I also traded some time based charts and did pretty well with those. I like time based charts but often times the stop is pretty large. I worked with 5M, 1M as well as 15M and 30M charts. I traded both the 5M and 1M. These plays worked pretty well. I placed stops in the correct areas, took profit where it made sense. Easy enough trades. Emotionally though with real money this would have been really tough. I think I will practice more on the time based charts over the next few weeks after my normal trading is over if I have time.

Cheers.

Started this thread
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 14, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts