NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 945 posts (6,447 thanks)
    2. looks_two tigertrader with 101 posts (1,011 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tderrick with 88 posts (205 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 85 posts (437 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 10 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 6.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 VinceVirgil with 3.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 400,523 views
    2. thumb_up 11,064 thanks given
    3. group 162 followers
    1. forum 2,157 posts
    2. attach_file 207 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

sleepy View Post
bluemele,

Take a look at perrys webinar
Webinar: Perry's Trading Method

Around 00:36.00 - 00:43:30

sleepy

Thanks... I figured those were linear reg lines like Shadow Traders. His system is almost identical to the vendor...

MT4 has the HLC/3 built in, but no idea on how to do it in Ninja. I will look for his indie on his thread.

EDIT: Ok, figured it out. I never ever play with Moving averages in Ninja..

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

PandaWarrior View Post
Risk is the swing, target is 16 ticks unless I think I can get a few more due to the distance to the next swing. I do have a stop strategy but since I think stops are highly personal, its not worth mentioning here. Suffice to say, I get to BE pretty darn fast.

And yes, it is similar to the Odyssey except that Mike would trade regardless of direction of the trend and his SMA was an 8 period I believe. The MA I think was to short to be of real use on a 5M and I don't trade counter trend and I have consolidation and transitional market state filters. I think he was using a stoch to help him filter trades. I don't like panel two indicators at all.

I never tried trading minute time frames. Putting your stop behind the entry bar or behind the swing high/low will give you a variable stop size depending how big the bars are at the time. If you get a signal from a tight consolidation, you have an awesome risk/reward, but if the volatility is high, you will tend to get worst risk/reward. What is the typical stop size do you generally get on average for the CL 1 minute with your approach? Do you ever pass on trades because putting your stop behind the swing would give you too bad a risk reward?

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

monpere View Post
I never tried trading minute time frames. Putting your stop behind the entry bar or behind the swing high/low will give you a variable stop size depending how big the bars are at the time. If you get a signal from a tight consolidation, you have an awesome risk/reward, but if the volatility is high, you will tend to get worst risk/reward. What is the typical stop size do you generally get on average for the CL 1 minute with your approach? Do you ever pass on trades because putting your stop behind the swing would give you too bad a risk reward?

this is a good point.I traded off a 1 minute for a long time, and, after watching it today, i actually miss the simplicity.I put it up next to my 4 range, for the cl, and it takes alot of noise out(obviously).I think part of the decision to consider the trade, is partly based on the pivot candle running away.If its too big(thus, requiring a larger stop), just wait for the next signal.Also, getting in at the beginning of the swing is important, obviously.And , what are the sizes of the swings previous to the present signal.So many things to consider, when choosing to pass or not.It seems like PandaWarriors filtering , patience, and discipline is really what is making the difference, and as another post referred to, waiting for a specific scenario to evolve, and then strike....Im not answering for Pandawarrior, just had some thoughts.

Thanked by:

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,020

also, do you mind sharing your template?

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,405

monpere View Post

To be honest, I have taken trades this last week with an inverted risk to reward ratio. I just move the stop pretty fast once price gets going in my favor. If its over 20 ticks, I guess I would hesitate. Most of the time its around 10-15 ticks. Sometimes less.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

bobarian View Post
this is a good point.I traded off a 1 minute for a long time, and, after watching it today, i actually miss the simplicity.I put it up next to my 4 range, for the cl, and it takes alot of noise out(obviously).I think part of the decision to consider the trade, is partly based on the pivot candle running away.If its too big(thus, requiring a larger stop), just wait for the next signal.Also, getting in at the beginning of the swing is important, obviously.And , what are the sizes of the swings previous to the present signal.So many things to consider, when choosing to pass or not.It seems like PandaWarriors filtering , patience, and discipline is really what is making the difference, and as another post referred to, waiting for a specific scenario to evolve, and then strike....Im not answering for Pandawarrior, just had some thoughts.

In all fairness, I've taken quite a few regardless of the R:R. Since I am a scalper, as long as the conditions are present, I think I can take them all. I passed on one today because the risk was bigger than normal but the result was the same. A nice winner. I think the idea is buy strength and sell weakness. One of the guys I used as a model for this takes them all regardless of the risk bar....he rarely loses and he uses a 5M chart for this. I saw him take a trade after a 40 tick bar once. No way I could do that, but he made his target and his targets are much larger than mine.

Started this thread
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

madLyfe View Post
also, do you mind sharing your template?

Yep....

here you go:

Open a 1M ETH
Place a 89SMA on it. Doesnt matter if its a color changer or not
Place a 21EMA on it. Doesnt matter if it changes color or not.

Thats it. Read price action around the MA's after that.

Started this thread
Thanked by:

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,020

PandaWarrior View Post
Yep....

here you go:

Open a 1M ETH
Place a 89SMA on it. Doesnt matter if its a color changer or not
Place a 21EMA on it. Doesnt matter if it changes color or not.

Thats it. Read price action around the MA's after that.

thanks panda.. ive been a silent reader and enjoy your info!

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

I'm on another computer besides my trading one so I have no charts today....but it was a tough day for me.....I had an itchy trigger finger. I kept wanting to short when the chart was long.....not sure why but I could't shake it....so I traded it on sim. Predictably, I was stopped out all three times I tried it.

But I managed to go long when the chart said to go long, made some money, lost some money, then finally got the short signal I was so desperately looking for and made my daily goal. I like to average about 30 ticks a day but I will take more of course when its good trading and if its tough, I'll settle with whatever I have at the end of my session. I nailed the 30 ticks minutes before I had to quit.

After that, I shut down the platform, walked out the door to run some errands and ended up at the hospital all day where my dad had driven himself after experiencing very rapid heartbeat.....a resting 160bpm it turns out. Anyway it looks like he will be fine but is staying the night for some tests and observation.

Today is probably my last CL trading day for the month. I've always had a hard time in December and so last year I promised I would not trade in December. So since I have the option to not trade, I'm not. Instead, I am going to play around with forex on sim and see if I can apply the same lessons I've learned to forex and if I can, I may start doing some longer term swing trades on small lots to perhaps look at a long term wealth building plan.

Cheers.

Started this thread

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

PandaWarrior View Post
Instead, I am going to play around with forex on sim and see if I can apply the same lessons I've learned to forex and if I can, I may start doing some longer term swing trades on small lots to perhaps look at a long term wealth building plan.

Cheers.

Hey, no stealing plans..... haha...

Forex is murder in December. I think all things traded are terrible in December....

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 14, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts