NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 945 posts (6,447 thanks)
    2. looks_two tigertrader with 101 posts (1,011 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tderrick with 88 posts (205 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 85 posts (437 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 10 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 6.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 VinceVirgil with 3.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 399,164 views
    2. thumb_up 11,064 thanks given
    3. group 162 followers
    1. forum 2,157 posts
    2. attach_file 207 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

bluemele View Post
Please take this with a grain of salt, but you don't need more indicators. You just need to do what you have been doing and get better.

To me, you are 'playing' and I do not mean that as a personal attack, but more of a distraction.

NO INDICATOR is going to help you more than feeling and 'knowing' and using your spidey sense. To me that is most of the value. Maybe I am wrong, but as you said earlier, the magic indicator is what you get when you look into the mirror.

I do not disagree with you at all. I am playing. To be honest, I only used the extra indicators once today. It was a good use as it kept me out of a trade but that trade is not one I think I would have taken anyway. It gave me an added dose of confirmation to stay out.

But you are correct, the feel for the game and keep doing what I have been doing is the key. I'll ditch the indicators at the end of the week after I have vetted them real time. I think I have a keen enough sense of what is happening to simply never touch them again. This little experiment is really my last attempt to see if one of them helps filter out bad trades better than my own discretion.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

PandaWarrior View Post
I do not disagree with you at all. I am playing. To be honest, I only used the extra indicators once today. It was a good use as it kept me out of a trade but that trade is not one I think I would have taken anyway. It gave me an added dose of confirmation to stay out.

But you are correct, the feel for the game and keep doing what I have been doing is the key. I'll ditch the indicators at the end of the week after I have vetted them real time. I think I have a keen enough sense of what is happening to simply never touch them again. This little experiment is really my last attempt to see if one of them helps filter out bad trades better than my own discretion.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

I guess I appreciate your honesty to post this.

Seriously though, you are the indicator that I would like to put on my chart.

I think it is good to learn and feel things out as I learn that too, but at the end of the day, I am not sure how useful it all is like you have said.

Thanks for sharing.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

bluemele View Post
Seriously though, you are the indicator that I would like to put on my chart.

Now that would be ugly.....

Started this thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

+30 live, + 63 sim

Experimenting with sizing today. So far, promising results. More about this later as I get used to it and I can manage it properly over time.

Started this thread

perryg 
Rechovot

Experience: Advanced
Broker: CQG
Trading: Index,Currency and Energy futures
Thanks Given: 508
Thanks Received: 6,288

PandaWarrior View Post
+30 live, + 63 sim

Experimenting with sizing today. So far, promising results. More about this later as I get used to it and I can manage it properly over time.

[IMG]http://content.screencast.com/users/aztrader9/folders/Jing/media/a16edf71-acf4-4b86-a931-e159da0efbc5/2011-09-27_0803.png[/IMG]

I can confirm that an 8 rangenogap is an excellent chart to trade. You will get longer trades and easier fills.

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

A nice day today even though it was pretty choppy.

I am just scalping ten ticks at a time based on price action and feel. Rules are guidelines. There are plenty of opportunities. No need to take every thing.

I am experimenting with position sizing for scalping. Today it worked nicely. I am also experimenting with trailing my stop with the bar. Today that would have been a much better choice. Tomorrow, who knows. I am waiting to see on that.

Anyway, done in the first hour. I spent my daily tick limit and decided it was worth one more. Worse case I was flat for the day. It worked and finished +40 ticks.

Cheers

Started this thread

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

What are you doing on position sizing?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

I am NOT happy with my trade selection BUT the experiment I am running using a one bar trail stop kept me from a losing day today.

As a scalper, letting a trade that has ANY profit on it all turn into a full loser is unforgivable. So I decided to trail my stop by the current bar. At first I thought this would be a really bad things. It would get me out of some trades to early. As it turns out, after almost a full week of trading this, it does get me out to early on some trades and just in time on others. The net effect is so far pretty encouraging.

For instance, today, I had terrible trade selection, but almost all the trades went my way at least some. The trail stop kicked in and got me out of the trades with very small losses or tiny profits. I documented manually what would have happened WITHOUT the trail and I would have hit my daily stop after 7 trades but instead, I was able to hang around and after 10 trades end BE less commissions. With the trade selections I had, I am happy with the outcome.

There are also 9 CWS trades listed on the charts besides the 10 live trades I did. For the CWS definition, see the chart. Of these 9 trades, 6 were winners, 2 would have been a profit of 1 & 3 ticks and a loser of 3 ticks for a net of zero before commissions. So $600 before commissions on those 9 trades. These trades were not taken because I was either not looking, decided to pass for some reason or was out of the room.

With regards to the position sizing, I never got past one lot due to the scale up schedule I have. This prevented losers with size.

So I had direction right today, but lost money. I suspect this will happen from time to time as I can have direction correct as I did today and be wrong with the timing and then compound it with not taking all the signals I see. As a scalper, taking as many legit trades is gonna be hugely important. Especially since I understand that each trade is at best 50/50 but taken over time, there are more winners than losers and by keeping the losers small by being aggressive with the stop, I can make decent money.

I'll continue to track the results of the tight trail, but at the moment, I think it will be more of a benefit than a detriment.

My position sizing experiment continues and today it worked perfectly. I traded only one lot and it kept me from a larger losing day.

Cheers.

Started this thread
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Lately whenever I click on an image created by Jing, instead of it enlarging, it shrinks down to nothing and a link to techsmiths web site takes its place.

Any ideas?

Started this thread

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Error retrieving image, please check URL again (matched: "")

Started this thread
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 14, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts