NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 945 posts (6,447 thanks)
    2. looks_two tigertrader with 101 posts (1,011 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tderrick with 88 posts (205 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 85 posts (437 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 10 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 6.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 VinceVirgil with 3.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 400,711 views
    2. thumb_up 11,064 thanks given
    3. group 162 followers
    1. forum 2,157 posts
    2. attach_file 207 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,405

With an ES DOM and chart, a trade on with target and stop placed. All done manually although there is supposed to be a way to place it all automatically.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
33 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
28 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

After my honey do's were done this morning, sat down, opened ES 16,5 and 1M charts with the ichi cloud, since this is a demo account, I don't have the front month for CL so the March ES contract will have to do. Pic is with a trade in progress....keep in mind, not really looking to make money here, just testing stuff out. I'll move the making money part next week.

Started this thread
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

hey Pandawarrior, will resume trading the cl in january?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

bobarian View Post
hey Pandawarrior, will resume trading the cl in january?

The ninth....

Started this thread
 Superdoug3 
Vernon, BC, Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Charts
Broker: Zaner Group (Transact)
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 113
Thanks Received: 64

Interesting that you are exploring Ichimoku indicator.
Ichimoku is mostly used by Forex traders and with MT4 platform - but Manesh Patel uses it for all markets
There are several good MT4 (and now MT5) tools available for free - see Ichimoku Dashboard, and Ichi360

I first found Ichimoku on Forextestor. This is a very good product for a very reasonable price with good daily historical data available for free. I wrote some backtesting strategies for it.

Then I went to Sierra Charts, which Big Mike uses too. Ichimoku is also there only you need to access the 5 lines as seperate indicators and create what is called a Study. Sierra Charts has a 1 month demo, but this is not enough time to really get to know it. I developed some backtesting strategies using Sierra Chart spreadsheets if you want me to send you these files.

I found I needed to use at least 4H or daily charts, so I put Ichimoku aside. U seem to be able to make anything work, so I will be interested in your journey with Ichimoku.

I do not work for either Forextestor or Sierra Charts, just impressed with both.

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

monpere View Post
When I use to trade stocks on minute bars with this type of risk management, on very large bars that negate my risk/reward, I would risk half the bar instead of the whole bar. The idea would be, if this is truly strong momentum, then the bar should not retrace that much.

Yes... i have found that the 50% point is magical as it pertains to the pullback of a large bar. Over 50% PB is dangerous.

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

...finally got around to catching up with old friends...love the new insight.

Once again, we are on some sort of Parallel Journey... I too have increased my targets, albeit a bit larger. I am shooting
for 20 now with a small opening for more gain. I pull up tight to +18. I have a problem with missing big, hard moves and
this at least gives me shot to make my nut in one trade if price just plows right through my 20.

I haven't changed my charts in months... Just trying to figure out the best RR for me.

I'm still using stupid tight initial stops and not moving to BE until price moves well away.

...will skype soon

PS...

sorry for the loss of your friend.

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 loxics 
Calgary, Canada

Platform: Ninja
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 7

I joined just today and started reading the Journals and I came across your first journal thread which lead me to your second one here.

You had a real humble beginning when you were talking about learning to trade "small accounts" with only few thousands.

I time travel and am reading your second Journal that you are still continuing many years after your first entry. I am inspired by your determination and commitment of being a better trader after all this time.

I am curious How are you doing now? Is your account still small or has it bloomed to something you are proud of? You must have gone through so much over the years and learned a lot. Are you very consistent and consider yourself knowledgeable and experienced enough to be rid of all fears about trading?

Thanks and good luck! I will keep reading your journal entries to come!

Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

loxics View Post
I time travel and am reading your second Journal that you are still continuing many years after your first entry. I am inspired by your determination and commitment of being a better trader after all this time.

I actually have three journals here on the forum, one in the elite section I no longer post in and two in this section. Thank you for reading. I hope they have helped in some small way.

loxics View Post
I am curious How are you doing now? Is your account still small or has it bloomed to something you are proud of? You must have gone through so much over the years and learned a lot. Are you very consistent and consider yourself knowledgeable and experienced enough to be rid of all fears about trading?

I am doing well. I stopped talking about the small account in the last thread. My conclusion was that a beginner trader would not be able to take a small account and earn a living with it. However an experienced trader can. This thread is more about the mental aspects of the trading journey, hence the use of the term "Chronicles". I feel the mental aspect of the journey is far more important than any set up or method. In reviewing my threads, I often realize the many different set ups I used all had some really good aspects to them, it was my mental deficiencies that prevented them being effective.

I consider my self somewhat consistent, much more knowledgeable and experienced but doubt I will ever be rid of ALL fears about trading. If a trader reaches that point, I suspect they will be dead.

Started this thread

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

PandaWarrior View Post

I consider my self somewhat consistent, much more knowledgeable and experienced but doubt I will ever be rid of ALL fears about trading. If a trader reaches that point, I suspect they will be dead.

NO FEAR TRADING. Starting my new trading company.

Any takers, admission is 5K per minute, and I will show you how to have absolutely no fear. (Payments upfront)

Step 1, Load Gun

Step 2, Put gun to head

Step 3, .....(Secret).... Must pay me first

Any takers?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 14, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts