NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 945 posts (6,447 thanks)
    2. looks_two tigertrader with 101 posts (1,011 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tderrick with 88 posts (205 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 85 posts (437 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 10 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 6.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 VinceVirgil with 3.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 399,292 views
    2. thumb_up 11,064 thanks given
    3. group 162 followers
    1. forum 2,157 posts
    2. attach_file 207 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

soumi71 
Toronto

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL , 6E
Thanks Given: 760
Thanks Received: 274

Great plan Brian , keep up the good work my friend , it will pay off ,
God is always good

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Surly 
denver, colorado

Platform: NT
Trading: ZS
Thanks Given: 628
Thanks Received: 1,263

Hey guys, sorry, that video I posted was not publicly share-able. I asked the admins to remove the post and so I'd just like to ask that if you still have the link, please do not post it publicly. thanks

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty. - Frank Herbert
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Nasdin94
Singapore, Jurong West

Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 114

Your indicators seems to be a bit lagging by a bar or two.
Do you have any idea/methodology to remove this lag?

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

Nasdin94 View Post
Your indicators seems to be a bit lagging by a bar or two.
Do you have any idea/methodology to remove this lag?

Thats because I have them set to calculate on bar close "True". I don't need them to be "non lagging". But I think the very definition of indicators means they are lagging.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread
Thanked by:

Surly 
denver, colorado

Platform: NT
Trading: ZS
Thanks Given: 628
Thanks Received: 1,263

PW - I'm assuming you're using an ATM strategy for your entries? Have you considered adding a trailing stop strategy that kicks in at 11 ticks and is, for instance, a 3 or 4 tick trailing stop? This way you could set an open-ended target and just use the ATM stop strategy to take profits. This way anytime your trade hit +11, you would be sure of booking 7 or 8 ticks but if the market was moving strong and took off, you'd stay in the trade. Something to think about anyway.

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty. - Frank Herbert
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Surly View Post
PW - I'm assuming you're using an ATM strategy for your entries? Have you considered adding a trailing stop strategy that kicks in at 11 ticks and is, for instance, a 3 or 4 tick trailing stop? This way you could set an open-ended target and just use the ATM stop strategy to take profits. This way anytime your trade hit +11, you would be sure of booking 7 or 8 ticks but if the market was moving strong and took off, you'd stay in the trade. Something to think about anyway.

Yeah, I've done that. It works a lot of the time. But since I am not looking for home run trades, I just take it off at 10 ticks and let be. I'm finally ok with that. The big runners I miss don't bother me any more. I'm super happy with 10 ticks from a trade. Basically I am just looking for 2-3 of those a day and I am done. I use a super tight trail stop to make sure my losers are smaller than my winners and just look for a few decent entries and let it go at that.

One day I will begin looking at larger trades.....but I think I will just go to a larger bar with the same set up and maybe take 20 ticks at a time. But thats down the road a ways. I am happy where I am at currently. It works and suits my personality.

Started this thread

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

PandaWarrior View Post
Yeah, I've done that. It works a lot of the time. But since I am not looking for home run trades, I just take it off at 10 ticks and let be. I'm finally ok with that. The big runners I miss don't bother me any more. I'm super happy with 10 ticks from a trade. Basically I am just looking for 2-3 of those a day and I am done. I use a super tight trail stop to make sure my losers are smaller than my winners and just look for a few decent entries and let it go at that.

One day I will begin looking at larger trades.....but I think I will just go to a larger bar with the same set up and maybe take 20 ticks at a time. But thats down the road a ways. I am happy where I am at currently. It works and suits my personality.

Dude... this is double creepy...

It's as if we going in the same direction on two different roads.

I just caught up with your journal after not reading for a couple of weeks and we are in the same place.

I am, also, looking for 10 tick targets with a tight stop and a minimal ATM. There is something
about the 7-12 area. Price almost always pauses there.

I, also, have eliminated almost all indys. PA is the key. I Place an order before any indy will
even move.

We should catch up on Skype soon.... I have been terribly busy in the studio and my
dad is in the hospital.

... maybe Tuesday or Wednesday AM?

I loved the post about your break week and your daughter. You are a good man.

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

tderrick View Post
Dude... this is double creepy...

It's as if we going in the same direction on two different roads.

I just caught up with your journal after not reading for a couple of weeks and we are in the same place.

I am, also, looking for 10 tick targets with a tight stop and a minimal ATM. There is something
about the 7-12 area. Price almost always pauses there.

I, also, have eliminated almost all indys. PA is the key. I Place an order before any indy will
even move.

We should catch up on Skype soon.... I have been terribly busy in the studio and my
dad is in the hospital.

... maybe Tuesday or Wednesday AM?

I loved the post about your break week and your daughter. You are a good man.

Hey AJ,

We do need to catch up. I am not free from indies yet. But the ones I do have actually do help me see price action better. They are just a collection of three items that help me stay with longer term trend, see HH/LL and and trade very short term trends within the longer term trend. After all, as a scalper, who needs to capture 100 tick runs and therefore, who needs set ups that produce those runs?

I will be done trading tomorrow around 7AM, maybe we can catch up then? If not then wednesday AM. I'll look for you online then. I'll have around 30 mins or so to talk.

Later.

Started this thread
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

I am on sim this week. There is some construction around my neighborhood and my internet is intermittent. Turns out the cable company is installing fiber to our area! So I relocated to the starbucks I mentioned last week and am trading sim this week on a wireless connection.

I've decided to test the removal of my tight trail stop.... that is a no go....I'll just live with both the good and the bad a tight trail stop produces.

I am also testing two extra setups besides the money set up I like so much. Today, those two extra entry ideas produced most of the winners.

We will see how they work out the remainder of the week.

Today's results on sim +37 ticks after commissions in about an hour or so of trading and 12 trades. 3 ticks per trade is not that efficient but I don't care about efficiency. I care about net profit at the end of my trading session.

Tomorrow and the remainder of the week, I am looking to do about the same as today. We'll see how it goes.

Cheers

Started this thread
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,541

PandaWarrior View Post
I am on sim this week. There is some construction around my neighborhood and my internet is intermittent. Turns out the cable company is installing fiber to our area!

Lucky you

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 14, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts