NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 945 posts (6,447 thanks)
    2. looks_two tigertrader with 101 posts (1,011 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tderrick with 88 posts (205 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 85 posts (437 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 10 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 6.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 5.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 VinceVirgil with 3.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 398,554 views
    2. thumb_up 11,064 thanks given
    3. group 162 followers
    1. forum 2,157 posts
    2. attach_file 207 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

The PandaWarrior Chronicles

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Yes, you did GRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTT!!!

Did you say you get in at the close of the bar or at the touch or you just kind of feel it turning?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
The following user says Thank You to bluemele for this post:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Request for MACD with option to use different MAs for fa …
NinjaTrader
Looking for an MQL4 MetaTrader programmer/coder
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Ninja Trader 8 Drawing Tools Wanted
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Retail Trading As An Industry
51 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
46 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
34 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
32 thanks
What percentage per day is possible? [Poll]
19 thanks

soumi71 
Toronto

Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL , 6E
Thanks Given: 760
Thanks Received: 274

Good job , Pandawarrior !
great chart too

"Risk more than others think safe.
Dream more than others think practical.
Expect more than others think possible.
Care more than others think wise"
The following user says Thank You to soumi71 for this post:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

bluemele View Post
Yes, you did GRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTT!!!

Did you say you get in at the close of the bar or at the touch or you just kind of feel it turning?

Close of the bar. I've tried the other way and it seems those always lose. I know I give up a few ticks doing it that way but it works for me.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Started this thread
The following 2 users say Thank You to PandaWarrior for this post:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

I had a terrible time finding my stride today. So I just kept taking trades and letting the trail stop protect me, which it did an admirable job of today.

Because I had no feel at all today, I passed on a number of good trades but I simply did not understand what price was telling me today so I waited until I thought I had sure things to trade. Of course this was a crap shoot but the trail stop protected me and I ended the day -2 after 14 round trips.

I also took a break after the first 1.50 hours and did a little better after that. Max lots traded was 1 today.

Started this thread
The following 8 users say Thank You to PandaWarrior for this post:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Lots of trades today. To many to post actually. I've provided the first hour or so.

Net result, +18 ticks. Not so great with trade selection but worse yet, not so great with actually taking the trades. There were far more that I passed on for varied reasons than I actually took.

I realized I can be a lot more aggressive now that I am a scalper with a tight stop. Losers are mostly smaller than the winners so no reason not to trade aggressive.

I added size twice today and had losers both times. Never made it past 2 lots.

Started this thread
The following 4 users say Thank You to PandaWarrior for this post:

kronie 
NYC + NY / USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: "I trade, therefore, I AM!"; Theme Song: "Atomic Dog!"
Trading: EMD, 6J, ZB

PandaWarrior View Post
Lots of trades today. To many to post actually. I've provided the first hour or so.

Net result, +18 ticks. Not so great with trade selection but worse yet, not so great with actually taking the trades. There were far more that I passed on for varied reasons than I actually took.

I realized I can be a lot more aggressive now that I am a scalper with a tight stop. Losers are mostly smaller than the winners so no reason not to trade aggressive.

I added size twice today and had losers both times. Never made it past 2 lots.

what is that "Show News" button along the top row?

just curious

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

kronie View Post
what is that "Show News" button along the top row?

just curious

Started this thread
The following 2 users say Thank You to PandaWarrior for this post:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

@PW,

What happens if you hit market on a live CL trade. How many ticks difference are we typically talking? I am guessing you buy/bid, sell/ask or are you buy/ask, sell/bid?

I would think to get filled you may be buy/ask, sell/bid or "Chase" a couple ticks on the ATM?

I think you use CT4 though right? How is that software coming along. Are you still doing the gauntlet thingy with TopStep or whatever?

Just curious. Share only what you feel comfortable and just making conversation and am interested.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

I like the new developments.

I have been leaning to the scalping approach myself. 10-20 tick targets... 8 tick stops.... You?

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
The following user says Thank You to tderrick for this post:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

I've taken a small break from trading this week. I found I was exhausted mentally and physically. The toll taken on my body, my mind and my soul as I have struggled to find out who I am as a trader has been overwhelming. So my daughter is out of school this week and I promised I would spend some time with her and thus a week of rest was produced at a very opportune time.

Just because I need rest does not mean my body clock resets. I've woken up at 4:30AM every morning just as normal and today I decided to get out of bed and go to starbucks where I am currently writing this post from.

It's been a bit since my last post. Mostly because I just haven't felt like posting for one reason or another. Since that last post, I've taken another step toward profitability.

After two years of struggle, I've finally come to terms with the fact I get very tired trying to constantly analysis everything and that due to my technician leanings, I need to really systemize everything. The EMyth is a great book that I read years ago. Some people are entrepreneurs and others are technicians. I have about a 50/50 split between the two. Which means I love to take calculated risks but when things don't work according to plan, I can analyze it to death in an attempt to perfect and worse, I tend to get bored when something I start works really well and I start looking for something else to do. I can start businesses but I hate to run them day to day.

So over the last few weeks, I've created systems as to trade with and to manage my money with as a good technician should and then I did something that I think was a stroke of genius. I decided to trade for a certain amount of time with my profitable system, and then exit the work place. I mean get away from the office completely. Getting bored with a method or system leads to tweaking where none is necessary. But if I am otherwise engaged, my natural tendencies can be circumvented. So 2-3 times a week, I am volunteering at my church. In fact, later to day I am sweeping and mopping some floors. Menial work to be sure but the important thing is that is focused away from myself and onto serving others even if it is in some small way. Other days I am spending with my wife away from the house. She is off Monday and Tuesday's so those days we have plenty of time together. We got to breakfast, ride a bike, etc. And starting in a week or so, I am joining a gym a few blocks from my house and I will begin a lifestyle change to finally make physical fitness part of my life.

Since beginning these changes, I've become comfortable with myself again, more certain about how I trade will bear fruit over time, and perhaps most important, I finally ditched the desire to be right all the time and the overwhelming pressure to get rich quick. I've settled on a methodical long term trading plan that will in time fulfill all my dreams but the near term is simply one foot in front of the other.

I'll never again chase the Holy grail in terms of indicators or methods. What I have works. Why change. I don't need to make 100 ticks a day to fulfill my dreams. So why try. Just grind it out and add size as money management allows.

Next week I think I will be back on sim. I intend to test one final aspect of my method I think will pay dividends but I since what I am testing is a removal of something instead of an addition, I think sim is best.

One last thing. Over the last few weeks, I've come to really accept that 99% of this game is mental and psychological. I am convinced that almost all methods work at some level. But its the patience to wait for the set up, the aggressiveness to take every one that presents and finally the discipline to take profits where the method says to take profits that count. The holy grail is: Patience, decisiveness, and discipline. Discipline manifests in many areas of life but nowhere is it more important than trading. Lack of discipline will blow your account out faster than anything else.

Yesterday I was speaking to a friend and he blew through three days of stops in one day. Psychologically this is very damaging. It will take him 3-5 days to recover from this if he follows his trading plan to the letter over the next few days. Worse, not honoring your daily stop is not being honest with yourself. That stop says I am not trading well or my method is not working to day. By not honoring it, you are in effect saying you are better than the market.

If I paid someone to take trades until a certain amount of profit was achieved or a certain stop was hit each day and they violated those instructions, I would fire them immediately. Not honoring stops is basically grounds for being fired. At that point its just gambling and gambling against a very strong house edge. Just stupid.

Anyway, I've decided to relax, trade my plan and stop putting so much pressure on myself. Just trade the plan and let the results play out how they however they play out. After all, this is supposed to be boring. All this stress and pressure is just drama........

Ok, time to head back to the house and wake my kid up.....she's always a joy in the mornings....one of my favorite times with her is when she's just awakened, curls up in my lap and makes those little cute purring sounds she makes when she's happy......not to many things better than that.

Cheers.

Started this thread
The following 15 users say Thank You to PandaWarrior for this post:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 14, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts