NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 3,654 posts (2,215 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 135 posts (120 thanks)
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 123 posts (170 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 112 posts (228 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Deucalion with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 599,168 views
    2. thumb_up 3,683 thanks given
    3. group 141 followers
    1. forum 4,686 posts
    2. attach_file 1,117 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

researcher247 
Chicago, IL

Experience: Advanced
Thanks Given: 289
Thanks Received: 773

G,

I am not paying attention! I see you 'trade from the charts'--your current p/l (or ticks) is right in front of your face all the time!

I get it now. I trade purely from a DOM and have the 'PnL' grid below my screen. So I never see it, I only see price and none of it is colored on each side of the DOM.

Okay, now I understand. I never thought about that.

See you tomorrow.

peace

hedvig

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

My sim gold trade is not going so well. I cancelled my stop so it would not get hit, and added in to make sure I was not down so many ticks, but am currently down $8,850 on a $2,970 account. Maybe I should add in?

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

researcher247 View Post
G,

I am not paying attention! I see you 'trade from the charts'--your current p/l (or ticks) is right in front of your face all the time!

I get it now. I trade purely from a DOM and have the 'PnL' grid below my screen. So I never see it, I only see price and none of it is colored on each side of the DOM.

Okay, now I understand. I never thought about that.

See you tomorrow.

peace

hedvig

I watch the trade in ticks, but after the trade closes it shows dollars, and that is where I confirm max down.

Started this thread
 researcher247 
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 289
Thanks Received: 773

Your sim gold trade is good; deep 89% retrace off a cycle {weekly} bottom. If they keep it above the lows of this week--then target 1640.00 basis June GC.

lol

peace

hedvig

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

researcher247 View Post
Your sim gold trade is good; deep 89% retrace off a cycle {weekly} bottom. If they keep it above the lows of this week--then target 1640.00 basis June GC.

lol

peace

hedvig

Mumbo jumbo, I'm just gonna be rich!

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

But looking at gold this morning, it should at least take that position to breakeven. Marshmellow man may get lucky.

Started this thread
 zt379 
UK London

Platform: NT
Thanks Given: 1,572
Thanks Received: 1,936

GaryD View Post
The problem I have, is when I go for larger size, I try too hard. In trading, you cannot "try", and not really in the Yoda sense, from @zt379.

There is no "try" means, who knows what is going to happen? There is nothing I can do. How can one "try" when there is nothing to do? The market does everything, I do nothing. I observe, decide, experience.

I'd already written what I was thinking now so thought it easier to re-post it.
I see it as applicable so hope it helps.

The unknown is a difficult thing to deal with.
But as you know I like contradictions, the unknown really ought to be the easiest thing to "deal" with by virtue of there being nothing to deal with !

It's about the doing (imo).
I understand the "Do" to Be the point of the Yoda quote about there being "no try".

In other words we can't try to do something,
we either do it or do not do it.

Stay present and stay out of our own way.

zt379 View Post

This is a quote from a book by Richard. D. McCall "The Way of the Warrior Trader".

He uses the principles of the Sumarai in terms of trading.
The present moment being their most important principle.

"so you see it really doesn't matter if the fear we experience is the fear of loss, the fear of pain, or the fear of the unknown. it doesn't matter if the fear was brought on by reflective or anticipatory thinking. and it doesn't matter if the fear has been hanging around for a while..or if it comes suddenly like an acute danger. To the true warrior (Samurai) and warrior (Trader), the solution remains constantly and perpetually the same !. He and you must bring consciousness back to a centered sense of the present moment _ or now _ the only controllable moment in all of eternity."....

Imo, being aware of this principle of the present moment is a bit like a switch being turned on.
The more often it is then the more energy is bought to it and the more light bulbs start lighting up....
The flow is more consistant and present.

..... and the experience of it can then be bought to bare in any other experience or moment. A tool as McCall explains.

So what I wanted to say was this:
In spite of your concerns etc..over the size increase, there is much to think positively on.
Namely that you "managed" the experience on higher size without losing track or sight of much of what you use and do in your trading....... you have actually now had the experience.

From that you can in a sense replay the movie in your mind.
Try to be there again and feel what you experienced at all the important moments (entry exit etc)
From this there may come a moment in which you get a glimps of something.
I don't know what it will or might be. A sense of something maybe.

The present (watching now) changes the past (your own movie).

Then you have something to work with.
And the work may well be as simple as McCall suggest.
Being that at a moment of a similar "sense" we can practice to be present and in doing so we can move through
what is I imagine just a plateau.

It can be a case of to a fro, a sort of getting used to the expereince.

However, this will always happen at any other plateau unless we are able to enter the experience already prepared rather than... having to have the experience (however tentively) in order to then see how to deal with it.
(which will be by being present).

But I do think that there will come a moment when the switch is more on than off.
This is because we are prepared prior to the new experience from learning that the present moment is the experience. The thing is already flowing. we are already present.

That awareness in effect makes us prepared for all things as we have accepted the uncertainty of the unknown, are in control of the only moment that we can be (being now) and are joyous in the experience of it.

As your trading is intuative, then perhaps take advantage of that skill rather than trying to force it into a structure
that it might not or can't exist within.

By that I mean start out with small targets, "grab" ticks here and there, and it may allow you to start "stretching" things (targets etc..) as you will be getting used to the experience by experience.

Things will stretch until at some moment something inside you will snap.
What snaps will be your limitations, or rather you will no longer have them.
Another of those contradictions in that the more we understand the nature of our control the less we are limited.
The more present we become to this moment (the now) the more fluid and freely we flow through it all.

Sorry to write so much.

wishing you well

zt379

Enjoyed this film Blow and these two clips, not with standing the lovely Penelope..
The Wrong Dream (This is not to say your dream of trading is wrong !! )

Sometimes You're Flush

GaryD View Post
I had a friend who had some anger issues. I told him, "Anger is energy".

I was not mad at the market, but I was upset with myself. There is energy there. I decided to relax and feel that tonight.

I found this to be an interesting read by Adam Lanka:
Ego Vibrations: A Game of Limitation - Waking Times : Waking Times

Imo you have much to be positive about.
stay well
Shalom

Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Finished the bottle of red last night, been somewhat slow all day and traded lightly, 1 contract long trade +11, 2 contract short trade net +27. There was a great sell volume bar at 91.33, but I just sat and waited for the black T3 to be crossed today. No drive this morning.

Started this thread
 greenr 
london/england

Platform: Sierra charts, NinjaTrader, VK Trader
Broker: CQG, AMP, VK, Kinetick
Trading: CL/6E/TF/ES
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 1,280

GaryD View Post
Mumbo jumbo, I'm just gonna be rich!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yeah baby^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

" I will follow my rules, I will take my stops, I will be disciplined and i will work with the market....NOT AGAINST IT! Professional mind control is the key"

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 23, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts