NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 3,654 posts (2,215 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 135 posts (120 thanks)
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 123 posts (170 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 112 posts (228 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Deucalion with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 599,045 views
    2. thumb_up 3,683 thanks given
    3. group 141 followers
    1. forum 4,686 posts
    2. attach_file 1,117 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

[img]https://nexusfi.com/v/yhjgc3.jpg[/img]

Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
22 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

closed +27

Price made it back into prior support, which could now become resistance, and the ES hit 1300 which could be the same.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

I want CL to clear 99.30

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

[img]https://nexusfi.com/v/wgna9g.jpg[/img]

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Closed +35. I have to go to a meeting.

Edit: To keep this accurate, I did close my entry at 99.14, watch for a minute, then re-enter at 99.13. I lost 3 ticks in the process, plus commission, but the ES needed to see where it was, and so I waited for confirmation of support. This hotel connection is very marginal, and so I keep logging back out of futures.io (formerly BMT) to reduce interference. Did not think it was significant to post my timeout at the time.

Started this thread
Jameson
Memphis, USA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 23

This guy is out of town, battling an infection, having to use an unreliable internet connection, working his non-trading business ventures, and still trading. Day trading, too. That's focus.

Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Meeting over, flew back home for a day or two.

Summary for the day;

+8 long
+27 long
-3 long
+35 long

Net 67 ticks

I have noticed a very distinct difference between my trading with 2 to 4 monitors at 24" versus trading with one 17" laptop. I am reduced to fewer charts, and what charts I do have are much smaller, so the change seems to alter both my perception and my comfort level. And, the known issues with reliability added to the shift. For the past couple days I traded in a sort of hybrid style between scalping and what I typicaly do.

The best entry I made was the one for 8 ticks, where I had to call my broker to flatten me. When they answered I did not even ask where I was. I said "account xxxx, please flatten me at market". When I can't see, I just want out.

But, it was a magnificent trade that could have been. Support held to the TICK today. If I could nail that type of chart analysis every day I could rival the tax returns of Mitt Romney

But, what would you do with $40 mil a year anyway? I don't think I could spend money that fast...

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Jameson View Post
This guy is out of town, battling an infection, having to use an unreliable internet connection, working his non-trading business ventures, and still trading. Day trading, too. That's focus.

Focus is a nice way to put it. lol. My workoholism started in my mid twenties, and it does not seem to matter what the topic is. But, of all the obsessions I have enjoyed, trading seems to win by a long shot. I don't know if you caught the post about "visceral", but I believe Deucalion is onto something. To me it was normal to work 7 days a week, 80 hours+, even when I did not have to. But the current that runs in the background is much more dominant in regards to trading than to past or other current goals. Maybe it is the raw element. I'm not a confrontational guy (vegetarian, peacemonger, treehugger). Maybe this is my private colliseum, where I am doing something good for myself and my wife, meanwhile it is a bit edgier.

I was heavily involved in real estate development, to the point that the risk may have kept many out, but to me it was just calculated risk. Maybe this is my revenge on that. I was driving recently and a thought popped in my head, "are all my trades revenge trades?" But from a more subtle and controlled and calculating perspective? Not operating out of anger and adrenaline, but out of drive and purpose.

I learned a big lesson from having 20 million in real estate loans. Risk starts with a very large capital R. And, leverage is great, as long as you are on the right side of it. But it is no fun to be stuck when it turns on you. Try having 20% down when the market falls 50% of the total. But, in that instance, you could not get out. Same mechanics though.

Trading has what real estate lacked. Liquidity.

Thanks for the comment.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

[img]https://nexusfi.com/v/wmdxnq.jpg[/img]

CL now has a local double bottom in place at key support. My bullish bias had stepped up one notch. I am not sure how I will trade it yet.

Started this thread

Deucalion 
Calgary, Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multiple
Broker: Multiple
Trading: Multiple

Jameson View Post

LOL.....damn it Jameson, I was feeling pretty smug about my scraps yesterday, until that little bit

Gary, why you gotta make us look like amateurs

Anyway, I wish CL would just get on with that stupid inverse HNS and break already towards the final wave, I am tired of seeing that sitting there and not breaking for all this time....Same for the darn 6E, I see that blow off sitting there....and its been there for ages......

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 23, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts