NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 3,654 posts (2,215 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 135 posts (120 thanks)
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 123 posts (170 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 112 posts (228 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Deucalion with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 597,409 views
    2. thumb_up 3,683 thanks given
    3. group 141 followers
    1. forum 4,686 posts
    2. attach_file 1,117 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

josh View Post
Is the area marked with an arrow a "Gary" type of long? I know the criteria you use is quite specific and more than just what this chart shows, but this is a good long IMO and I did not take it a few minutes ago. What do you think Gary?

I had a long setup around 89.20 in crude, but was not ready to trade when it occured. Did not take it and am just watching right now. Sorry about the delayed response. I am waiting now to see how this move reacts around 90.50 and have a target short possibility around 90.70-91.00, but that depends on volume response. Also, another short entry possibility around 91.70-92.00.

Flat so far.

Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

I would not short this market right now though.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

There went 90.50. A lot of volume...

[img]https://nexusfi.com/v/r48jg7.jpg[/img]

Started this thread

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

GaryD View Post
I had a long setup around 89.20 in crude, but was not ready to trade when it occured.

Turns out I should have taken that long after all -- 150 ticks north. I too was unable to trade past 12:15 today, and considered a long before I left my house but I hate doing that. The real trade was long at the area in the chart I posted, had I taken that it would have been in a good position. I dislike having to leave a clearly bullish scenario with a good probability of making money, to go do things which I'm not being paid for but which I have to do and don't particularly enjoy ... but this is life I suppose.

Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Crude did follow the "up" direction, as I had thought it might from a coin-flip perspective last night. But for some reason I am still waiting to see what happens in this area.

Crude broke the 90.50 mark, which was a key place I was waiting for, and in a big burst of volume, shyly backed off? Not the behavior I would expect from a raging bullish market, they had the high pivot... Now what? No push to 92+?

Still watching, not saying I'm expecting 92 or 82, as know that is impossible, but keeping my eyes wide open in this area.

[img]https://nexusfi.com/v/ca49t4.jpg[/img]

Started this thread

Surly 
denver, colorado

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Trading: ZS
Thanks Given: 628
Thanks Received: 1,263

Gary - a belated thanks for starting this journal up again. I'm on vacation right now up in canada but have just started reading again and it is, as always, very educational.

I'm mainly trade TF but equities and crude have been in similar patterns that last few weeks. Definitely a bear flag setting up in both markets on the daily chart but who knows if it will trigger and extend lower. My only perspective here is that there are a lot of traders watching both markets for big moves right now - in my experience, this scenario usually leads to range-bound trade because any trader that expects a big move won't mind chasing strong moves in either direction because they feel the perceived potential for reward (i.e., the big move) justifies the risk. This makes them easy targets for the bigger traders because they are in effect buying high and selling low - and I think the bigger traders will just keep taking the easy money until it stops flowing. This is usually the point at which the breakout chasers get worn out or their volume stops fueling the swings... Then the market can begin to mount a new campaign.

I feel like based on the size of that big move down from late July that this market could move sideways for another week or even two before it recovers its ability to start a big move. Of course this is all speculation - and mind you I'm on vacation so my relaxation-addled brain is perhaps not as sharp... or maybe I have the benefit of detached perspective. Who knows?

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty. - Frank Herbert
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

May go short in this area. Working from a motel room, so very conservative as I have limited information with a single screen. May not be able to post in real time.

[img]https://nexusfi.com/v/pb46ka.jpg[/img]

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

This may be a fade entry on a 6 range. Not something I recommend, and does not have as high odds, but something I have been watching for several days.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

On the daily I have been watching for some extended down move, we had high volume halt the up move around 89.35, which was the 618 of the move down, and has created a bearish engulfing on the 30 minute. Sell area 89.00 +/-?

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

ES still pegged to the ceiling

Started this thread

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 23, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts