NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 3,654 posts (2,215 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 135 posts (120 thanks)
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 123 posts (170 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 112 posts (228 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Deucalion with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 600,206 views
    2. thumb_up 3,683 thanks given
    3. group 141 followers
    1. forum 4,686 posts
    2. attach_file 1,117 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

Did the market close?

Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Closed my TF short +11 x 3. This market is to schizo for me today, or at least where it sits.
I do not like zero-volume price action. (net 32, scaled in)

The buy in CL is still interesting to me, but this is not normal price action, cannot really say why I think that either, which troubles me some.

But, my read this morning on a picture-perfect volume bar buy signal that failed says senses were on target, and they are telling me to back off and watch. I will most likely not make goal today, but this is a different game.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

HighRise1202 View Post
Why are you in journal vs. chatbox? Thanks.

GaryD View Post
I don't know, never tried chatbox. I like to read through what I was thinking after the close sometimes.

And, then I would have to see what everyone else was saying...lol Can't mess with such a fragile mind.

I hope that did not come across wrong. Could be read as anti-social. I used to do trading chat rooms, but found that it is easier to trade on what I think than what anyone else does.

I used to find a lot of value in watching a few traders, Jerry Simmons was one. The way the screen would just stay silent for hours was the biggest lesson. Then finally, past the point where I was nodding off, "trade alert", and right or wrong, that was usually it for the day.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Looks like my best opportunity of the day may turn out the be the fade I did not take. It felt like good trade, but the way the chart looked at the time, my belief was the probability was lower. I would have been more likely to fade it higher up, closer into the 93.25 zone, but where it was and the way the indexes were acting, I thought I would get nailed for sure.

Out and right, better than in and wrong I guess. Weird how a few colors can be the difference between a big win and a stand-aside.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Thinking back, I can't answer why I was willing to buy black yesterday, but not to sell white today, when the feeling was the same...

No, not the same. Yesterday was confident, today was uneasy. But similar fade setup visually.

Started this thread
 researcher247 
Chicago, IL

Experience: Advanced
Thanks Given: 289
Thanks Received: 773

PandaWarrior View Post
you have a list of music titles you listen to...i've been trying different things and so far not really satisfied with any of it.

Hi Panda!

Um, well--classical is somewhat annoying with certain composers.

Allow me to clarify; I prefer 'non-vocal' music in certain harmonic 'minors.'

I played Saxophone (soprano and tenor) from age 5 to 23 and gravitated to jazz as I went to college.

Hmm...here is my reality. Unless I am really 'intense' {usually when CL and NQ are moving fast and violently} I can listen to jungle drum n bass to heavy electronica.

Fortunately or UNfortunately I prefer a 'low hum' at all times when trading and working and emailing and checking statements and such.

I respect your opinion; what works for you?

peace

hedvig

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

researcher247 View Post
Hi Panda!

Um, well--classical is somewhat annoying with certain composers.

Allow me to clarify; I prefer 'non-vocal' music in certain harmonic 'minors.'

I played Saxophone (soprano and tenor) from age 5 to 23 and gravitated to jazz as I went to college.

Hmm...here is my reality. Unless I am really 'intense' {usually when CL and NQ are moving fast and violently} I can listen to jungle drum n bass to heavy electronica.

Fortunately or UNfortunately I prefer a 'low hum' at all times when trading and working and emailing and checking statements and such.

I respect your opinion; what works for you?

peace

hedvig

Intersting bit of trivia. I was a guitar player from 15 - 25, was a jazz guitar performance major at University of North Texas.

Started this thread
 researcher247 
Chicago, IL

PandaWarrior View Post
you have a list of music titles you listen to...i've been trying different things and so far not really satisfied with any of it.

Oh; I am sorry Panda--you were asking.

Um, if you are really interested please email me @ [email protected]

Please indicate if you listen with stereo headphones or via external soundspeakers with or without a separate sub-woofer.

I'm in a few positions in CL for P.M. session and didn't 'get' the 'tone' of your post.

peace

hedvig

researcher247 
Chicago, IL

Want .08 to hold for advance to .40 (give or take a cent).

peace

hedvig

researcher247 
Chicago, IL

Market Profile ghetto analysis.

CL began the day with no directionality (1st 3 '30minute bars both touched the 'open').

Then we began 'one-time' framing lower.

With 15 minutes left there is not alot of juice.

Would like to see some 'explosive directionality' up to 2:28pm est 'multi-timeframe' confirmation of a trend w/pullbacks or a moment breakout (with higher-timeframe confirmation).

I ain't betting on it.

Who knows.

Trade your plan and plan your trade.

peace

hedvig

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 23, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts