NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 3,654 posts (2,215 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 135 posts (120 thanks)
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 123 posts (170 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 112 posts (228 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Deucalion with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 597,654 views
    2. thumb_up 3,683 thanks given
    3. group 141 followers
    1. forum 4,686 posts
    2. attach_file 1,117 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

Deucalion View Post
I thought I had done well taking 30ticks on my first trade and closing shop, only to see this beautiful pattern eventually develop. It has sliced though the typical wave target and there is no sign of a positive momentum divergence yet......I want to see a HH before I take the next trade on the long side.

You beat my $12.50.

I went short aomewhere around 108.40 and then changed my mind, deciding to wait for the long as a part of my psychological reconstructing. I have gotten my head all messed up with the recent traveling and resulting trade withdrawal.

I will allow a long here though, especially after seeing how today's price action added a wave to the story/

Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
56 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
44 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

Deucalion 
Calgary, Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multiple
Broker: Multiple
Trading: Multiple

I see what you mean. I may be using the wrong move to see the wave extensions, because if I use the previous one (which is technically more correct) then the W3 has been reached. Keep that support on the daily at 105.43 in mind. 2 divergent views, intra day I think solid longs are possible tonight, other wise you can see damage on the daily.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

[img]https://nexusfi.com/v/yvuvpb.jpg[/img]

On the daily, I don't see much in traditional structure until 104.50. But, the light blue lines are the prior closes. Something I have been wathcing lately.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Deucalion View Post
..intra day I think solid longs are possible tonight ...

You go first.

lol

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

While that did make me laugh out loud at myself, seriously, I may enter one QM long. Waiting to see if the Asian opens blow stops.

Really, I don;t know if that is what occurs. But I do see an occurence of sudden bursts of volume at their opens sometimes after a significant move.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

I think the Hong Kong official open is 9pm EST

Started this thread

Deucalion 
Calgary, Canada

We might have already ssen a reaction....the lower zone was tested and rejected...it was without making a HH. And that makes it suspect...So no go for me. Do you see the no confimartion with USD (whihc continues lower but CL is not making new highs.....why?)

Time for hockey...and lather, rinse, repeat tomorrow.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Surly View Post
Tom does a daily letter as well - here's the link in case you're interested (this is a free newsletter):

Subscribe: Subscribe

I just signed up. Thanks again!

I read the report dated 2-27 and liked the scope he covered. I also spent some time reading though their website, researching the concept of "peak oil", followed it through to Wikipedia, etc. It was interesting.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Deucalion View Post
We might have already ssen a reaction....the lower zone was tested and rejected...it was without making a HH. And that makes it suspect...So no go for me. Do you see the no confimartion with USD (whihc continues lower but CL is not making new highs.....why?)

Time for hockey...and lather, rinse, repeat tomorrow.

Yeah, I was thinking something similar. As much as this area has going for it to me, what it lacks is timing. If I went for purely risk/reward trades, this is a possible major turning point. But I don't rely on that alone, and I use volume for nearly everything. At night that element tells me nothing, which is why I seldmom take an overnight position. If we had a possible double bottom at 104.50 I'd be long already...

I am doing other things around the house right now. Going to open a beer, carry my laptop with me to the couch and then to bed, as is the normal routine for me when I am tracking a turn.

But whether I enter at 9:30pm or 3:30am or 8:30am, I won't know until I see it. Or if I see it. The only one I know for sure I'll be watching is the US open and also the EIA.

Started this thread

Deucalion 
Calgary, Canada

GaryD View Post
I just signed up. Thanks again!

I read the report dated 2-27 and liked the scope he covered. I also spent some time reading though their website, researching the concept of "peak oil", followed it through to Wikipedia, etc. It was interesting.

I am a drilling engineer by profession (kinda retired now from that and doing this), spent 12years in all kinds of places - up in the Canadian North, Mexico, Bolivia, Nigeria, Northern Africa (all of them)....Middle East (too many to list)....specialty being enhanced recovery of OOIP, depleted reservoir stimulation and under-balanced drilling, as well as extended reach horizontal drilling with multi stage completions and all sorts of boring stuff like that. When someone in our peer group reads stuff written for retail consumption it is hard for us not to be skeptical. So much is glossed over...so hard to understand the nuances of what's critical and what's fluff. Plus the bias of the writer. The best example of public deception and garbage is Cambridge House (and Daniel Yergin)...their stuff is just technical enough to be credible and biased enough to further their own agenda.

Oil Drum is one of the best, if you are well and truly interested in reading about Peak Oil. What does it have to do with trading...not a thing! unless your time frames are laaaaaarge!

It's a fascinating subject, but I am biased of course )

Edit: 2110PM EST - here is another market lesson for me....instead of overthinking it and talking about it, should have simply traded it (on QM).......It was 50/50.....with a 20tick stop and a 100tick traget....and looks like it is doing so......

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 23, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts