NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 3,654 posts (2,215 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 135 posts (120 thanks)
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 123 posts (170 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 112 posts (228 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Deucalion with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 597,654 views
    2. thumb_up 3,683 thanks given
    3. group 141 followers
    1. forum 4,686 posts
    2. attach_file 1,117 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

Only 2 small scalps so far today, 1 long this morning, and one short just a few minutes ago around 93.18. Only 34 ticks net, I know I am just nibbling here, but last night saw that we had an extreme calendar and am just watching in the background today, taking the low hanging fruit and keeping my powder dry. I still would love to see a retest of the lows.

Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

I just saw the headline after the fact, the move down makes sense, but what is interesting is how often news comes out at key S/R areas...

Started this thread
 researcher247 
Chicago, IL

Experience: Advanced
Thanks Given: 289
Thanks Received: 773

GaryD View Post
Only 2 small scalps so far today, 1 long this morning, and one short just a few minutes ago around 93.18. Only 34 ticks net, I know I am just nibbling here, but last night saw that we had an extreme calendar and am just watching in the background today, taking the low hanging fruit and keeping my powder dry. I still would love to see a retest of the lows.

Keep pimpin' Gary!

Very nice. I traded exactly 2:00:00 minutes after the Wkly. Inventories (after I had done my '1 & done' regular Wed. CL trade beginning after 9am est).

It was a good long (recall I emailed you the philosophy behind that particular trade logic about 3 weeks ago).

Regardless, good work.

We have alot of time left this week and the markets (I anticipate) will continue to MOVE.

peace

Hedvig

Thanked by:
 researcher247 
Chicago, IL

GaryD View Post
I just saw the headline after the fact, the move down makes sense, but what is interesting is how often news comes out at key S/R areas...

Chicken or Egg and whatever, eh?

I have traded major reports in nearly all asset classes for 27+ years.

Now, do I feel that economic or fundamental or news leads the technicals or vice versa?

Hint: (my opinion) It matters not.

Trade your plan and plan your trade. Execute with precision and swiftness and manage your trade according to your own pre-set 'trade-management' parameters.

That being written there are several reports per month I 'elect' to wait exactly 2 minutes, not a second less nor more after the report to then look at legit trade setups.

Monthly Non-Farm Payrolls, Weekly CL Inventories, CPI (if combined with 1 or 2 'red-level' economic reports), PPI (if combined with 2 'red-level' reports) and I that pretty much is it.

I used to wait 30 minutes after FOMC; hey, the importance of that report is greatly diminished since we are @50 year lows in interest rates.

Off topic I am looking for a weekly low in bonds/notes; but we shall see.

Peace

Hedvig

Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

researcher247 View Post
91.85 extended target for me
92.07 normal target for me

I like a 'leaking lower' market.

peace

Hedvig

GaryD View Post
We're close enough to consider those the same numbers. I have 92.10 as the LSP and APP exhaustion, and 91.76 as Xfib1.

Hedvig, the actual was 91.81, I was 5 ticks low, you were 4 ticks high. Incredible.

And I am going to bet we did it using different methods.

Between us we formed a boundary the market could not penetrate! We scared them!

But, you stayed up through the night and made money, I slept and missed my entry this time. I guess next to discipline comes sacrifice...

Started this thread
 researcher247 
Chicago, IL

GaryD View Post
Hedvig, the actual was 91.81, I was 5 ticks low, you were 4 ticks high. Incredible.

And I am going to bet we did it using different methods.

Between us we formed a boundary the market could not penetrate! We scared them!

But, you stayed up through the night and made money, I slept and missed my entry this time. I guess next to discipline comes sacrifice...

----------------
No worries!

I'll make you a deal.

After I come back from my overseas summer break that straddles Labor Day, I'll come to the 'hood that is Orlando and we will pow wow and I will show you my nearly 100% mechanical stuff that you could use for swingtrading and/or longer-term intraday trading etc...

We will see if we have an actual meeting of the minds. Maybe I will whip you into shape and brainwash you!!! Maybe you'll just say thanks but no thanks and we'll have a few espressos and some good meals (haven't been to Orlando in at least 5+ years--so would be a nice short visit).

hehe! j/k on the brainwashing.

I won't be back @my part-time place in Coral Gables/Cocunut Grove until November because the 'swamp' that is Miami is too humid for me from April through October each season.

I am done until the last 90 minutes of the U.S. session and I'll see if NQ can make a directional move that I can stalk a trade on.

peace

Hedvig

Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

GaryD View Post
How can a trader at JP Morgan lose $2 billion, and it was done under "management"? I am assuming he was a "decent" trader to have been put into that position? Do traders get so good that the belief in themselves turns on them?

It seems there are better traders on futures.io (formerly BMT) than at JP Morgan. Maybe they should scout this site, assuming there are a few jobs available now.

"JPMorgan Trader Responsible for $2 Billion Loss, Bruno Iksil, Is Leaving the Bank: NYT (story developing)"

Premonition, or obvious outcome? I think I will start to refer to myself as the Orlando Minnow.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

OK, silliness aside;

I am looking for a trade into the pit close. Not sure what it will be, and not sure I will take one, but the pullback I have been begging for is underway.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Sorry could not post live, to intense. Not exactly sure per contract, as NT calls it one trade, but net 74 with 3 exits.

Started this thread
 greenr 
london/england

Platform: Sierra charts, NinjaTrader, VK Trader
Broker: CQG, AMP, VK, Kinetick
Trading: CL/6E/TF/ES
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 1,280

GaryD View Post

Sorry could not post live, to intense. Not exactly sure per contract, as NT calls it one trade, but net 74 with 3 exits.

Get in there garry :-D

" I will follow my rules, I will take my stops, I will be disciplined and i will work with the market....NOT AGAINST IT! Professional mind control is the key"

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 23, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts