NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Upwind Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Cloudy with 64 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 PowerBroker with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 dakine with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one trendisyourfriend with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two dakine with 0.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Cloudy with 0.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 15,652 views
    2. thumb_up 33 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 77 posts
    2. attach_file 144 attachments

Search this Thread

Upwind Trading Journal

Cloudy 
desert CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

I liked watching American Greed on CNBC. How every other show there's some ponzi scamming wealthy people of tens of millions, or in the worst case, unfortunate frugal middle-class people of their life savings, and it was a shock to me to see how many millions were ponzi'd and also at the same time how so many people had millions to be duped off of and the crazy details of all the fraud shenanigans that were done. Now with the show in reruns and hardly showing up anymore. I noticed there's a new CNBC show premiering today.

Investigations Inc: Filthy Rich
Premieres Thursday, February 23rd 9p | 10p | 12a | 1a ET

News Headlines

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 Cloudy 
desert CA

Three days in a row starting with a major loser , then having to claw back to positive. Didn't trade too long.

CL
-11-7 (big loser)
-1+2+6.5+7 (double scale-in)
+2+7+5 (fine)
-5+0+2+2+5+5 (double scale-in)
+0+4 (fine)

= +23.5

(fees&commissions ~ -29%)

I added more indicators (but not the vendor indicators) that I have on my chart to the report charts. And more explanations on what I was thinking about taking the trades based on the 250 tick chart. (and of course the mistakes). I just started trying out vwap and standard deviations. Still new to it.

options trades:
GLD - terrible, last adjustment to it. Vega to delta still 10 to 1. Should not have put this trade on in the first place. Probably going to be a big loser. Wiping out more than double the gain in RUT last week.
BAC - not dropping. Option is May expiration.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cl022312.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	381.8 KB
ID:	63652   Click image for larger version

Name:	stat022312.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	63653   Click image for larger version

Name:	gld022312.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	63654  
 Cloudy 
desert CA

Terrible trading today. Complete losers. Complete losing day. I felt bad about it.

I was trying another method with lagging indicators(don't they all) for ES. Didn't work out at all. I didn't really look at FatTails' vwap even though I had it on the chart. Could have kept me out of severe trouble if I had probably. I gave up. I was out of emotional capital after having to claw back from initial loss in the previous days.

ES
-9-4 = -13 (completely whipsawed)
CL
-7-10 = -17 (same here)

tot = -30

(fees&comissions ~ -19%) (meaning tack on another 19% of debit)

GLD -$5400, getting worse and worse. Most people say calendars and iron condors don't work, a myth designed to get newbies or others who try to prove otherwise. Propaganda put out by the cboe and optionetics.
I've tried for 3 years to be consistent on calendars. Instead I suffered -300% in losses abouts. Maybe time to toss it. I'm no good at stock picking too.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cl022412.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	63748   Click image for larger version

Name:	es022412.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	63749   Click image for larger version

Name:	stat022412.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	63750  
 Cloudy 
desert CA

Forget what I said about the new "Filthy Rich" cnbc show. Turns out it was only a one time special. Probably to be repeated on weeknights when there's nothing else on CNBC

dakine 
Volcano, HI

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Futura2000
Thanks Given: 389
Thanks Received: 166

Hi Cloudy,

I see you have added the Market Stats indi to your charts. If you are using Jperls methods to aid in your decision making you should know that the PVP used in this indi is not accurate. I have asked forrestang to use gomi's MP for the PVP but it is not an easy task. Just thought you should know...

Cloudy 
desert CA

Thanks Dakine, I was going to give jperl a try when I get around to reading it. Is it only the POC , skew numbers shown that's off? FatTail's vwap std deviations and the fp_market seems to have the same values for vwap and the band values. For now I'm just watching how price behaves in relation to the vwap and it's stddevs.

dakine 
Volcano, HI

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Futura2000
Thanks Given: 389
Thanks Received: 166

The skew is based off the pvps relation to the vwap so an incorrect pvp will give you incorrect values for the skew, deviation size and skew to standard deviation. I would just use Fat Tails VWAP and if your going to add Market Stats to your decision making overlay Fat Tails VWAP on a Gomi MP chart. This will give you accurate PVP and VWAP info.

Thanked by:
 Cloudy 
desert CA

I'm getting whiplashed in the ES again trying to follow volume indicators which I'm probably doing wrong.
I've decided to stop posting # of contracts and p/l in $ as it's silly since I'm the only one doing it. Reminds me of "What's in your wallet?" cc commercials.

Amazing, as I write this, my current trade is over 1pt profit. (severe losses earlier) Today it seems ideas from Futurestrader71 seem to be more effective. Cory's volume-stop indicator hvc's seems to have picked the bottom of where one should have entered too. Instead I had gone the opposite just before. It's far easier to hold a trade after suffering previous losses when in a blaise mood. "I don't care, take all my money today". Ugh, wasn't watching and it hit my auto stop for -3. If I would modify the volume-stop, I would have "hvc" print above the bars when hvc occurs in an upmove, and below in a downmove, similar to emini-watch's pro-am showme indicator. whoo-hoo, finally a 2.5 pt gain in the ES! And no doubling down or anything. Maybe this is what I need to do for a while. I decided to drop market stats, nor will I go to investorRT. Unfortunately, I've spent or wasted(scams) too much on trading tools and expenses already.

Also I must thank Fat Tail's generosity on these boards. I had not really looked at trying his many indicators until recently and now realize how much work he had put into these and he keeps coming out with more and further improving and updating them. Fine German engineering. Thanks to Cory too for his indicator VolumeStopV7. Remind me of emini-watch except it's generously downloadable here. And lest I forget, da big dawg, Big Mike's relative volume, VolumeGraph I've overlayed with VolumeStopV7.

ES
-2.5 -3 (bad, did not wait for candle to finish. ,2nd revenge trade, thought it would go farther, did not watch and tighten stop)
+2.5 +1
= -2 (-8 ticks)

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	stat022712.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	63909   Click image for larger version

Name:	es022712.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	63912  

Last Updated on February 27, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts