NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Innovative-Trading-solutions-online.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 13 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two RJay with 9 posts (8 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 6 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Rayzor with 5 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Silvester17 with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rayzor with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 RJay with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 monpere with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 32,945 views
    2. thumb_up 37 thanks given
    3. group 15 followers
    1. forum 51 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Innovative-Trading-solutions-online.com review

RJay 
Hartford, CT. USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG, Kinetick
Trading: RTY
Thanks Given: 758
Thanks Received: 787

monpere View Post
@ RJay, Can these Hybrid Renko, and Trend bars be backtested like Better Renko? and do they show the real open and close of each bar or phantom open prices like Heiken Ashi?

Hi monpere,

Like Rayzor, I don't back test any of my strategies, and I don't recommend back testing either of these bar types.

I do all my testing live or in market replay.

As you have surmised, one of the characteristics of these bars is a calculated "Open" value to each bar.

This is by design to display a cleaner looking chart.

RJay

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

RJay View Post
Hi monpere,

Like Rayzor, I don't back test any of my strategies, and I don't recommend back testing either of these bar types.

As you have surmised, one of the characteristics of these bars is a calculated "Open" value to each bar.

RJay

My trading methodology enters on bar open, or more precisely 1 tick above/below the current bar close. So, anyone or strategy using entry on bar close method will not be able to use these bar types because there entry will not be at the price shown on the chart. That's also why I cannot use HeikenAshi, and also the reason why eman added an option to show the real open to his momentum bar type.

Thanked by:

RJay 
Hartford, CT. USA

monpere View Post
My trading methodology enters on bar open, or more precisely 1 tick above/below the current bar close. So, anyone or strategy using entry on bar close method will not be able to use these bar types because there entry will not be at the price shown on the chart. That's also why I cannot use HeikenAshi, and also the reason why eman added an option to show the real open to his momentum bar type.

Hi monpere,

I understand what you are saying.

Interestingly, I initially designed these bar types specifically for automated trading.

So how can you enter a trade on new bar open? The beauty of these 2 chart types is that the bars minus the tails are the always the same size. because they are the same size, the price/tick value for the opening of a new bar is always known.
The new bar open is always the close of the current bar plus one tick long, minus one tick short depending on market direction.

RJay

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

RJay View Post
Hi monpere,

I understand what you are saying.

Interestingly, I initially designed these bar types specifically for automated trading.

So how can you enter a trade on new bar open? The beauty of these 2 chart types is that the bars minus the tails are the always the same size. because they are the same size, the price/tick value for the opening of a new bar is always known.
The new bar open is always the close of the current bar plus one tick long, minus one tick short depending on market direction.

RJay

Interesting, that's a new ball game. Now I'll have to take the trial and see how they perform with my strategies. How long is the trial?

RJay 
Hartford, CT. USA

monpere View Post
Interesting, that's a new ball game. Now I'll have to take the trial and see how they perform with my strategies. How long is the trial?

Trials are usually 7 to 10 days.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

RJay View Post
Hi monpere,

RJay

@RJay,

I can't seem to get the channelTrend to work in Market Replay? I just end up with a blank screen or one in which the bars don't move IF the bars do show up?

No problem w/ the Renko though. I can make a video of it if needed.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Well, I figured something out on the market replay. It seems to work now after I reloaded everything, but if I put in a larger tick size, with either Renko or Channel then it blows up. Tried with just flat charts, nothing else on also.

Seems to have an issue with the larger tick size on market replay?

EDIT: Ok, scratch that! It started working all of the sudden after so many bars I guess on the larger sized tick size setting.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

RJay 
Hartford, CT. USA

bluemele View Post
@ RJay,

I can't seem to get the channelTrend to work in Market Replay? I just end up with a blank screen or one in which the bars don't move IF the bars do show up?

No problem w/ the Renko though. I can make a video of it if needed.

Discussed the situation with bluemele at length. We could not get the problem to reproduce itself. What I do want to share with everyone is that when the chart trials periods expire, any attempt to open a chart with the expired trial chart type will display a blank chart. Charts that are already open when expiration takes place will result in a frozen chart. I will be monitoring this possible issue with the trial licensing programming during market replay. If anyone else is having similar issues, please PM me.

Thanks,

RJay

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Testing these bars out with my Autotrader on CL during my normal trading hours today from 8:00am to 12:00pm. Looks promising. It slightly outperformed my live trading today... but obviously, I was not concentrating because I was too busy observing the autotrader with the new bar type

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cl.jpg
Views:	919
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	45397  

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

I find that these bars take a really long time to load, my cpu usage spikes and computer fan kicks into high gear while they are loading, and sometimes locks up NT until the chart loads. That process very seems CPU intensive.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 17, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts