NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Viper Trading Systems Indicator

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Zoethecus with 42 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two Peter2150 with 18 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kronie with 15 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Sawtooth with 14 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one soumi71 with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two TheWizard with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PiCoTrader with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Sawtooth with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 147,327 views
    2. thumb_up 99 thanks given
    3. group 60 followers
    1. forum 254 posts
    2. attach_file 48 attachments

Search this Thread

Viper Trading Systems Indicator

TheWizard 
Houston, TX
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Optimus Futures, AMP, CQG
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 517
Thanks Received: 4,224

garciaal View Post
Could you PM me the indicators and template.

Thanks,
Al

Hi @garciaal,
Wow! That was 5 years ago. Not sure I even have that setup anymore. Been going through an uncomfortable abandonment this past year. Things are in turmoil. Haven't been on the forum in awhile & haven't traded in 2 years. I don't know if I have the time to address this right now. Sorry. David

After all, it's what you learn AFTER you know it all, that counts!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout

vickisb 
Sarasota FL

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 36
Thanks Received: 22

Is anyone successfully using the Viper Trading Systems indicators and/or Object Trader? If so, what tools or strategies are you using?

Browsing through the videos, using the Object Trader to box the midband area for pullback trades looks interesting, but it seems like you could roughly do this manually using a Donchian channel (I've been trying with period 55). And I like the 'lightning'. I've been ZigZag (2 points, high/low) to similarly show pivots. Anyone have any better facsimiles?

fryguy2 
Boulder + CO

Platform: NT , MT4
Trading: Emini
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 24

I don't think they have it fully working for NT8.

fryguy2 
Boulder + CO

Platform: NT , MT4
Trading: Emini
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 24

This looks pretty close to Viper.

https://www.experttradingprogrammers.com/raytrend/

n1144n 
Adair Village, OR

Platform: NT,MT4,IB,OX,TOS
Trading: ES,EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 0

Fat Tails View Post
It is a set of 4 simple channels, each of them comparable but not identical to a Donchian Channel. All 4 channels have a fixed width

-> inner channel width = 3 x Renko brick size
-> second channel width = 6 x Renko brick size
-> third channel width = 9 x Renko brick size
-> outer channel width = 12 x Renko brick size

Whenever there is a brick that would close outside the channel, the channel is adjusted in the direction that the breakout has occurred.

You can probably code this within 60 minutes (including all the color stuff which would take most of the time).

I do not see why this channel would be superior to a standard Donchian channel, which works in a similar way, but does not have a fixed bandwidth.

What are the "simple channels" you are referring to. I will have some spare time during the holidays to play with this. Thanks.

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

n1144n View Post
What are the "simple channels" you are referring to. I will have some spare time during the holidays to play with this. Thanks.

My post was from 2014. I think I have explained it in my post. It is a set of channels, each with a fixed width. Adjustment after breakout. Personally, I would prefer a Donchian Channel.

CL 01-22 (D-Renko T4) 2021_12_03 (17_31_52)

n1144n 
Adair Village, OR

Platform: NT,MT4,IB,OX,TOS
Trading: ES,EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 0

Hi,
Sorry to ask again. I am rather new with Ninja Trader 7. I can not find a 'simple channel' or just 'channel' in the list of Indicators. Perhaps a different name? Your custom Indicator?
Is it your special version of the 'Donchian Channel'?
Thanks, DaveH

Cloudy 
desert CA

Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

A reminder. Viper has been reviewed on tradingschools.

https://www.tradingschools.org/reviews/viper-trading-systems

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

faithdefender 
Salem VA USA

Platform: Oanda, NT8, TradingView
Broker: Oanda, TorS
Trading: Stocks, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 128
Thanks Received: 117

perryg View Post
Hello Zoethecus;

I have read all your posts on this subject, and it is obvious that you have a personal vendetta with these people. I have also read the posts on mypivotsdotcom, where I beleive you also star. There are hundreds of companies that are doing the exact same, of which I can name many. It is a free economy, supply and demand, and as long as you have this you have companies offering their services and knowhow and you have people who are prepared to pay for this service.
You have not shown anywhere, that their system is not feasibly tradeable - and here I am not refering to the Autotrader, but the pure Viper System of trading. There are hundreds of people offering Autotrading but that is a totaly different story.
If you yourself are so proficient a trader, I would like to see a months trading journal of your live account to see just how successful you are at trading, and not just blasting others on a personal basis. I would also like you to dismask yourself and instead of hiding behind a psuedo name of Zoethecus, write you full name and address, so that we know who you are. I for instance write here under my full name, not behind any curtain.
Let me make it clear, that I do not know these people, but have enough experience of 40 years in the business, to see when someone attacks others on a non professional basis.
Mikes board is a fantastic achievement for the interaction of ideas, and the flow of information, but I do beleive that you have strayed from this objective.
Please see this as a contructive piece of advice and not a personal attack on yourself.

We are working on our second month with Viper Trading systems. Thus, we just had to respond to this quote above since we are talking about constructive criticism. We have read almost the entire thread. Sadly, after the fact.

So far the organization has been a trial. An expensive headache. Almost 250 dollars a month. The indicators for the NT8 are freezing up the charts. For the entire time we have subscribed. They continue to tell us the NT8 indicators will be fixed. They are aware of the problem. It begs the question; how long has this been going on? How long will this last? Did it just start when we subscribed? We don't think so. We are told just use the very minimum indicator until they get that fixed. In the meantime, they want that we should download and use NT7 if we want to be able to use the Object Trader. But everything we have is on NT8 including the data feed.

Putting that aside, when you have a Vendor and you have a customer, you generally come to an agreement when you buy their product. An agreement based upon INTEGRITY, ethics and mutual respect. When you say "It is a free economy, supply and demand, and as long as you have this you have companies offering their services and knowhow and you have people who are prepared to pay for this service."

That is fine to say in a perfect world, but that should not include those who sell a questionable product. Based upon your logic, it is perfectly ok to sell "lemons" to others because there is demand? At what point does bad business enter the conversation? Do you not think they should have advised us about the pre-existing problem with NT8? It is like pulling teeth to get them to respond in the webinar. I had to ask three times on this date "when will the changes be made for NT8?" Of course, they may not have seen my question. But this is not the first time I have had questions ignored. Yet I hear them constantly answering other's questions if it is regarding making money.

Secondly, there is hardly any training to understand how to use the indicators. The training generally consists of watching videos of webinars we attended. And I wont say that is a bad thing. However, we have learned more about getting funded than we have learning how to use their indicators on a 4 Range chart. We dont need to get funded. We need to learn how this works. But after 2 months my husband is still not confident as to when to enter a trade.

We think the Object Trader is a wonderful tool. But is a separate tool from the indicators. A tool that allows one to create a box or a trendline trade, automatically. (Something Ninja Trader should purchase) But it will not work at this time b/c we have NT8. If we add the "Wedge" it will not respond. And as mentioned above the Lightning" feature is great. If it worked for us! Again, something included in the subscription, but unavailable at this time. It is very upsetting to hear them say "box that in" but you cannot b/c it won't work at the time.

Are they making money? They may or may not be. But the point is, we are not because the indicators will not respond at the moment. An issue that challenges their business ethic and therefore must be questioned so others can be made aware I suppose we had some grace the first month to allow them time to get things fixed. (When all is said and done, they seem to be very nice people.) The second month is on us. But, the third month will be egg on our face. My husband has chronic Lyme Disease, and we just want to trade Futures in order to help pay toward the medical bills. I am always looking for something simple to make his life easier. And with it comes risks from Vendors who lack certain business criteria, we are prepared to take the risk, but not without warning others when things go South.
A wife's two cents. thank you for listening.

Thanked by:
 sharmas 
Auckland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL and ES
Thanks Given: 3,822
Thanks Received: 750

faithdefender View Post
We are working on our second month with Viper Trading systems. Thus, we just had to respond to this quote above since we are talking about constructive criticism. We have read almost the entire thread. Sadly, after the fact.
but not without warning others when things go South.
A wife's two cents. thank you for listening.

I regenerated their chart with the indicator and its one off investment and as long as you know the rules Viper trade with

Indicator is from ETP Ray Trend

ES-02-10-2022

ES 03-22 (8 Range) 2022_02_10 (6_13_41 PM)

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 14, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts