NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Interactive Brokers - More Problems

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one sam1197 with 4 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two sysot1t with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 heywally with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 19,123 views
    2. thumb_up 4 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 21 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Interactive Brokers - More Problems

heywally 
Pismo Beach CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS, IB, Fidelity for 'swing' trades
Trading: ES, NQ, IBB, IWM, NG
Thanks Given: 80
Thanks Received: 90

sam1197 View Post
Yesterday Apple was trading before the open at 423.5, just when the market about to close IB stop sending quotes just for apple. I was watching T&S on TOS. I saw the price go down to 422 then a block of 191,000 shares trading at 420.xx!! during this time, I can not buy apple on IB, no quotes...

When I saw the block, I realized the game and as the market opens, apple shoots up to 425, 426, 427... that is when IB sends quotes again.

Make your own conclusions.

Interesting - you should call IB and ask them about that, giving them the time(s).

One of the things I like about IB is that pre-market trading opens extremely early. In the years I've been using them, I've never seen an individual stock stop quoting unless it was halted or there was some sort of network/system glitch causing all quotes to not work - that hasn't happened to me in quite a while. Of course, I don't look at TWS every second.

I bought a little AAPL pre-market yesterday via TWS and then flipped it after the open. Didn't see the quote stop but wasn't watching continuously.

Yep, I'd call them.

"The Future Ain't what it used to be"

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors

GrayCrane 
Munich, Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Trading: Forex, Bonds and indexes
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 15

Interactive Brokers Desktop is now in preview mode: https://www.interactivebrokers.co.uk/en/trading/ibkr-desktop-download-beta.php

Given the ton of issues with TWS it is great that they focus on a completely new software.

I will give this a try in the next weeks and try to give them some feedback.

Last Updated on January 20, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts