NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Paying to become a Proprietary Trader

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jones with 10 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two GridKing with 9 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 protjor with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 12,845 views
    2. thumb_up 7 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 23 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Paying to become a Proprietary Trader

protjor 
Bruges

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: CL, 6E, Dax
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 9

Jones,

Did you already sign up for the trading? Very interesting post, i was in search for several compagnies too.
I'm located near you, in Belgium. I know a firm in Germany where you can go if you have a good and consistent tradereport.

Grtz

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

Jones 
Stuttgart, Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: IB TWS / Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 13

protjor View Post
Jones,

Did you already sign up for the trading? Very interesting post, i was in search for several compagnies too.
I'm located near you, in Belgium. I know a firm in Germany where you can go if you have a good and consistent tradereport.

Grtz

Hi Protjor,

no I didnŽt sign up directly. At the moment I do some ordinary work to get my account filled for trading. I got ill several year back and since then IŽm no longer trading live. ThatŽs also a problem when applying at a prop firm. The last years I studied a lot the different methologies. But I have to admit IŽm getting rid of all my indicators at the moment... (this should fill another thread).
What I will do the next few month is to look for a opportunity where I can trade. My sim trades are working out great at the moment and I think of adding the FESX and 6E to my markets (mainly ES).
I recently signed up with Day Trading, Stock Market Trading, Online Trading, Swing Trading for their intorduction. I want to apply with them. Seems they only trade equities but that does not matters. The only difference will be that I have to do a scan of the market. They are doing a online webinar once a week to get in touch with traders. They cancelled the schedule for this week but I hope I can attend next week.
The other thing I wanted to do is attend the webinar with apiaryfunds but they send me a schedule for the past. Not very well organized... . Perhaps they do have a lot of applications, donŽt know.
YTR I personally do find too expensive. With 20K you can trade on your own without anyone getting involved
Would be interested in the prop firm you do know. You can pm me or mention it here in the thread.

Thanks
Jones

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Jones 
Stuttgart, Germany

protjor View Post
...where you can go if you have a good and consistent tradereport.

Prop Firm Directory
itŽs not a complete but a comprehensive listing

cheers
jones

Jones 
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi,

yesterday I attended the StarAllianceCapital Webinar which took about 30 min to set us up. They invited us to come to NYC to trade there. You have to make an initial investment of 5K and your account gets 20 times buying power (dynamic BP). They adviced us to take a test of their platform: Learn Stock Market,Free Demo Day Trading Option Software,Free Charts which is free of charge, even if you trade with them. They do not charge you anything and you get the software, market data, BP and a little education.

Not that bad at all...
Jones

GridKing 
San Diego, CA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Thanks Given: 584
Thanks Received: 881

Jones View Post
Hi,

yesterday I attended the StarAllianceCapital Webinar which took about 30 min to set us up. They invited us to come to NYC to trade there. You have to make an initial investment of 5K and your account gets 20 times buying power (dynamic BP). They adviced us to take a test of their platform: Learn Stock Market,Free Demo Day Trading Option Software,Free Charts which is free of charge, even if you trade with them. They do not charge you anything and you get the software, market data, BP and a little education.

Not that bad at all...
Jones

Don't know anything about it, but just a quick glance , it looks to be about day trading stocks and options *not* futures, there is a pattern daytrading rule of minimum $25,000 so not sure how they get around this regulation?

Did a little research with some suspision, I can't confirm or deny , just don't know but I personally would be careful..... check Clearing firm and how this magical 20:1 leverage comes about JMO

Some on the internet state that they are affiliated with a telemarketer scammer

[COLOR=#0066cc]http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=183282&perpage=6&pagenumber=9[/COLOR] Page 9

[COLOR=#0066cc]http://www.ozripoff.com/report-view/1808-next-level-trading-tradingonthenextlevel-total[/COLOR]

Add: not saying it is a scam , hope it works out , just seems a little out of ordinary to me , also check if your money is locked for a year even if you decide to leave - not sure if that is SEC rule

Thanked by:

Jones 
Stuttgart, Germany

hi gridking,

they do come around the pattern day trader rule how they described, am also not sure how...

thank you
jones

Thanked by:

GridKing 
San Diego, CA USA

Thanks, sorry bit of a skeptic when it comes to these things, don't know much about 'em , keep us posted

Good Luck!

Jones 
Stuttgart, Germany

GridKing View Post
Thanks, sorry bit of a skeptic when it comes to these things, don't know much about 'em , keep us posted

Good Luck!

GridKing,

donŽt know if IŽll go with them. They have very low comissions, 80 cents for 100 shares but IB does the same for me for 20 cents surplus... . So not sure what to do. BTW GridKing did you enroll me at TST?

jones

GridKing 
San Diego, CA USA

Jones View Post
GridKing,

donŽt know if IŽll go with them. They have very low comissions, 80 cents for 100 shares but IB does the same for me for 20 cents surplus... . So not sure what to do. BTW GridKing did you enroll me at TST?

jones

funny to watch a Greek default Rally .... doesn't get much more Bizarre

Need your e-mail , pm me if you don't mind and I'll send the invite, I have a form to fill out and then it will send automatically I think you get a free trial or some fee waived if I send it , can't remember off hand - Thanks

Starting a new combine next week or two weeks depending on if I can work out money management strategy by Sunday

GridKing 
San Diego, CA USA

thanks Jones sent referral

if anyone happens to be interested if you enter referral code when signing up GridkingII , I believe the fee is waved for 4 week training setup (I think training platform is delayed quotes but at least able to try out CTS T4 platform) and access to chatroom and pit feed - so pretty good , hope it helps

Edit: Yep, just select 4 week training and use Prospect Code https://www.topstep.com// fee get's waved with code

Last Updated on August 1, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts