NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Experience at Live Trading Rooms

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 16 posts (120 thanks)
    2. looks_two plethora with 12 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jaguar52 with 11 posts (84 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cory with 8 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Alan with 8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Jaguar52 with 7.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 7.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 mayazoro with 4.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 232,179 views
    2. thumb_up 457 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 248 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

Experience at Live Trading Rooms

eDanny 
East Rochester, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 425

SawDr View Post
I did some resarch on the trader that makes the calls in the Cannon room. He is a CTA and here is a link to his DDOC. The past performance results are so bad I have no idea why Cannon would use this guy:

https://www.levex.net/disclosure.pdf

Wow, those numbers are astounding!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

eDanny View Post
Wow, those numbers are astounding!

I think they approach from 'at least I am honest about our performance' angle.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,170
Thanks Received: 101,528

Al2010 View Post
Hi all,
Sorry I could not reply to personal messages. It is bcs only on this forum it requires Elite membership to reply and publish links..., which is total BS to me. We should really demand to lift all these "smart" restrictions from admins.

Hi,

You cannot send private messages or post links without having 5 posts in the forum. This is to prevent spam and has nothing to do with being Elite or not. If you are so unhappy here with what I and others have worked so hard to make, feel free to leave!

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Wizard 
Boston, MA USA

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: currency futures
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 0

Has any one had any experience with TG TraderGirl. She uses Market Profile? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

mainstream 
Chicago, IL

Experience: Master
Platform: Kinetick Ninja Trader <7>
Broker: Ninja & IB
Trading: YM & Equities & Options & Mutual Funds
Thanks Given: 57
Thanks Received: 88

This really isn't a trading room because the trader, a veteran floor trader, trades all instruments day trading and swing trading. I learned a lot about the way the guys on the floor in Chicago, and New York Merc, look at the market. I paid $250 for a month, cashed in big time shorting the indexes, and wiped out the gains shorting crude.

| Welcome to SquawkTrader.com |

Thanked by:
 hoeman 
VT, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, AmiBroker, IB TWS
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire, IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 4

tickvix View Post
Not sure if anyone mentioned these rooms but I like the following two among the many others I have seen or heard about -

1. jpjtrading.com - I am a member there. Market profile and ES trading. A lot of good traders sharing their trades and thoughts, so it can be distracting if one allows. The owner (JP) runs a week of free trial every three or six months showing his trades. Then he teaches for 3 months ($400 a month for a total of $1200 I believe ). After that no charges for the room with on going trading and teaching. JP is not the best teacher but his setups follow a logical method. He makes live calls. In my opinion, you have to trade multiple contracts to make best of his method. Small traders (1 lot traders like myself) can get frustrated. He is trying to help out small traders by including setups from other successful traders in the room.

2. tradingconcepts (tmitchell.com) - I did Todd Mitchell's Emini futures trading course a long time back and he recently started a trading room. I am not a member of his room. I think he charges $200 a month. He also has a Forex room. Todd has a sound method and is based on market flow and price action. He uses bands and MAs to aid his entries. I gathered his sidekick trades and makes live calls. He does not allow chat in the room and so it helps people who may otherwise get distracted. I don't think he offers free trials.

Hi, regarding jpjtrading, how hard is it to learn from him assuming one is beginning from a blank slate, i.e. 100% noob? Also, it appears he uses IRT/MarketDelta as his platform, so what about the NT users? Are there other members in there who have developed workarounds? Also, you said that to make the best of his method, one would have to trade multiple contracts, so how hard is it for a single-lot trader to stay afloat? And what's the recommended min account size?

tickvix 
USA

Platform: Infinity
Broker: Infinity
Trading: ES, Euro
Thanks Given: 137
Thanks Received: 157

JP is good trader but not so hot to teach. I have been in his room and study with JP. Two years ago JP did not have any documentation for his set ups. I do not know what he is offering now. When I study with him I had to document all his set ups as he would show all in the room. His teaching was very desorgnized, so if you are new to trading I do not think you should jump with JP. One other point about JP and I must give him some credit for it. JP is one of the most discipline traders I know. He would not diviate from his set up at all. He does trade from 3-6 lots and would take some out, but at the end would keep a runner for very long time. On the other hand if he is wrong he would let bad trade go and add to bad position. In this case he would call it a "wiggle room". In some cases he would add to bad trade which he would call it McGaver (spelling). I could never get used to such trading.
So since rules are rules you ether trade or not.
Now since my account could not hold such trading I could never truly was able to take full advantage of what JP was doing.
After all said and done I continue to think that JP is very good at what he does when we are talking about trading, but not all good traders are good teachers.
So if you do not have enough account size and you do not know how to manage your money I do not think JP would be good place for you to start.

Just my view on the subject.

TickVix/Gregory

PS if I was still trading ES and was still looking how to trade with Market Profile I would look to see what TraderGirl is going.

Thanked by:
 ddnut 
San Marcos, CA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: 6E, ES
Thanks Given: 125
Thanks Received: 33

cory View Post
I think they approach from 'at least I am honest about our performance' angle.

Indeed. It make me wonder how guys like these are able to stay in business.
Maybe I should start trading other peoples' money.
That way it might not hurt as much as when losing my own.

bobbyacim 
new york

Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: mb trading
Trading: 6e

Hi everyone,

Participated in first week of Uncle Mike's trading-room and here is my observation;

VERY, VERY IMPRESSIVE!

The man traded over $1,100 for the week with only 3 contracts and used nothing that was esoteric.
Simple indicators, multiple screens, tight Stoploss. Along the way, YES he had a few losers, a percentage number of break-evens, which I believe was a pivotal reason he was able to recover quickly (he excercised GOOD trade management) and some winners that he peeled out of in stages for some nice 1-2 point targets.

He explained his trades nicely and was very open to Questions from his subscribers.

I will keep you posted on next weeks session.

mainstream 
Chicago, IL

Experience: Master
Platform: Kinetick Ninja Trader <7>
Broker: Ninja & IB
Trading: YM & Equities & Options & Mutual Funds
Thanks Given: 57
Thanks Received: 88

I have to say that last week, you could have thrown a dart blindfolded and had a good week. There were two huge trend days. Peeling off one or two points? There were some 8-10 point moves on the ES. The Euro on Tuesday, looked like the backside of a rainbow into the pot of gold... Nes Pas?

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 8, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts