NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Experience at Live Trading Rooms

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 16 posts (120 thanks)
    2. looks_two plethora with 12 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jaguar52 with 11 posts (84 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cory with 8 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Alan with 8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Jaguar52 with 7.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 7.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 mayazoro with 4.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 232,357 views
    2. thumb_up 457 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 248 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

Experience at Live Trading Rooms

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Experience: Advanced
Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

daveste99 View Post
I am just another trader that is trying to make it in this business and have found that PureTick.com methodology works for me and I have spent a great deal of time and energy learning how to trade in this manner.

I admit that the PureTick.com trading rooms are not for everyone because not everyone wants to be a professional full time trader and that is what PureTick.com is all about.

Dave S.

Everybody is free to do what they want, and if someone wants to give several hundred dollars to charlatans like PT, then go right ahead. But to state that PT is "all about" becoming a "professional full time trader" is actually quite offensive. Professional trading has nothing to do with this... And in a year, or possible two, you will probably understand what I mean.

Do a search on ET for PT/Alex and you will see enough embarrassing displays to want to keep you away. His trading techniques are just ripped off the TTM guys', and apparently he has added a bit on his own.

You just got to love these guys: "WIN/LOSS Ratio: 10.3:1 / 89.9% Entry Accuracy 2006-2011"
Yeah, let's all get rich together...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
43 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

jrs659 
paige tx

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninja
Broker: used to be PFG
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 187
Thanks Received: 31

jrs659 View Post
I am still a rookie at this trading ,and have been in the process of learning, I have tried many trials on rooms, and subscribed to a few services.

There are great methods here on futures.io (formerly BMT), like CJ's , that you can learn and many more. Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's great,thier is so much here that is free,,,,,,,,, but after saying that, I've got to say if you want a trading room, that is opened from bell to bell, and ALL of his educational material, and method of trading,,, comes with the monthly fee, is Davids, Emini addict....
You can get a seven day trial for one cent, and the monthly fee is 29.95 . His room is very educational, he does not call trades,you get a lot of ifs,,,, the market does this,,,etc.... but you can LEARN market structure.. With a minimum amounts of filters.., he is one of the few (besides so many here)that I believe is paying it forward.

2nd is rogers Feltons trading,,,I will going back to that one soon myself,,,most of his trading methods and some webinars and indicators are free right here on futures.io (formerly BMT),and his trading room is free to futures.io (formerly BMT) elites, I guess I would consider him, a momentum type trader, if you know a little you probably can incorporate some stuff to your trading style. I do believe can be helpful.but not much education in room,,,you are on your own thier.

The third is emini junkie, my 400 tick chart, is based on his strategy, I have taken most of the bells and whistles off it, and I play most of the crosses, I consider it a good blue-collar affordable method of trading,mostly you get small chips out of SP......... You have to buy a e-book, that explains his methods, and his room is $69 a month, and it can be confusing because he does trade from the opening bell, and you can get setups with this method both long and short. But I do believe that EJ is 100% sincere,he educates and does call trades,,and does teach more than his method,,,
so saying that don't ever get into a trade that somebody else calls unless it's just confirmation of what you believe.

I put my two cents in, because I spent a lot of money till I found futures.io (formerly BMT), you can learn so much HERE, (and this is a thread that I can contribute to).I hope I can save you lots of money,,,,So remember , try not complicated it to much, the market only does three things. You are the holy Grail. and if you end up in a room use it to LEARN,not for the trade calling.

I do not like advertising for anyone, but I've learned a lot HERE at futures.io (formerly BMT), and I have tried a lot of rooms, and will continue to, on and off, because almost everybody gives a FREE trial now,or almost FREE ,and you can pick something up or maybe start a style you want to develope,and not spend alot of money.

I did a edit because someone did ask a ? of me.... and I felt like I was advertising for the rooms,,,so this is how I would like to handle this....every room that I have been in ,,is trying to sell me something,buy this dvd,,,buy this book,,,buy this indicator,,,, buy this,,,buy that..I got something new,,, so buy this...,,,or everything is included for.....$X000.95,,this includes all up grades....or bring me someone and I'll give you a cut,,or webmasters....etc......not to mention the phone calls....
so with that said,,he is my edited 2 cents,(everyone is gone except),Emini addicts,only because none of that has happened,and it is really cheap,,,but who knows with time,,,,,,

Most of the people that look at this tread I presume are alot like me(newbies),,,my real advice is spend your time here,,,you can dig up so much gold for free here at(futures.io (formerly BMT))

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
kk240
Europe,Nomad

Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 30

People who read that recommendation, check how many post from this member.

I checked they method& strategies couple years ago and they where using similar like holt ema for direction and donchian channels
And had different kind of snake systems, and they change those all the time.
Didn't work well that time, not know do they have succes now.

sparky View Post
I have been attending a trading room for several months now. I am a consumer only. I have no monetary interest whatsoever in their systems.
Three gentlemen with a combined trading experience of 80+ years moderate the room from 9 - 11:30 Eastern time.

They base their trading on range bars, using 3 or 4 range charts, up to 6 range with higher volatility days to trade and 8-12 range bar charts for long term guidance.
They teach swing trading using both breakout and pullback (they call them probe trades) methods. They call out levels for entry, but not exact entry prices. They do inform you of resistance or support levels where the trades might stall. These are based on previous swing highs or lows. Mr. Rich is uncanny when he predicts pullback levels before prices resume their trends. He makes these calls based on several indicators and 35 years of trading experience.

They do not need to run this room. They do it for the camaraderie and their desire to help traders improve. Of course, I am sure the money they make running the room is a factor, but I have seen them make profits live day after day trading where they show their chart trader charts complete with account number and proper background color showing.

The room follows 6 charts - NQ TF EMD DX 6E and CL --- If the equities are not moving, then the currencies are. Maybe the crude oil is really moving and that is what they concentrate on.

They teach you how to mark your charts and take the trades when the lines are violated. They teach how to recognize pullbacks. They even have a semi-automated system where you can place a trend line on your chart (at ANY angle). Once the line is broken, it fires a market order, places your targets and stops (depending on the settings YOU set) and manages your trade for you. The trailing stop follows at different levels depending on the amount of open profit. If you get into a monster trade and do not want to give up much, you can "crank" your stops to follow closer or place the exit trend line at ANY angle or any price level on the chart. Once the exit line is violated the system exits the trade. In panel 2, the trade's profit and loss graph is plotted for you. If you see an entry and do not have the entry line set, you can just hit the market long or short, and once again the trade is managed for you.

The indicators show the current trend with background colors. The individual bars are painted to show whether the bars are agreeing with the trend, are neutral, or are bucking the trend for a possible change.

They show and teach possible trade targets based on previous swings. The indicators show swing levels and trailing stop dots. The stop dots are different for different range bar charts, and it is uncanny how often you can enter a trade when prices pull back to the stop dots. If the trailing stop dots are broken, you can quickly exit the trade. Or my other option is to wait for a resumption of the trend after the pullback to the stop dots.

They teach you how to establish daily goals and how to quit when your profit or loss goals are met. Their motto is "Nicely Green, turn OFF the machine". The moderator showing the trading charts quite often will bring a live trading chart from his other screens showing his LIVE ACCOUNT (with the right background color on the chart trader panel AND his acct # showing so you know it isn't bull). He rarely fails to show charts every day showing that he is in several contracts and making thousands of dollars. They give you profit targets based on previous swings. Take partial profits when these are reached and leave the rest on @ break even or use intelligent trailing stops. They also let you know when a trade is a loser.

With the volatility these last few months 50 tic trades are common, 90 - 100 tic trades are not unusual in equities or oil. Stops on probe trades are just a few tics, while breakout trade usually have 15 - 20 tic stops based on volatility. They also teach you how to avoid choppy markets, how to recognize choppy markets as opposed to trending markets. If you do get caught in a "head fake" breakout, how you should quickly exit.

In curriencies, they have a proprietary indicator called the Oracle. The Oracle takes into account tons of different information and gives you both a mid and short term value. By waiting till the long term background, the mid and short Oracles all agree, your chances of getting in a currency trade that chops you up are really reduced. It is common the profit targets of 80 tics are reached several times a week. This is their "3 ducks trade" - 3 ducks all in a row. They also teach the "hook" trade. The short term Oracle dips below a certain level, while the mid term stays in the right level. Once the short term hooks back to the proper level, an entry signal is generated.

One unique feature is their HIGH ENERGY TIMES and High Probability Trades. Twice a day (usually around midnight and 4:00 AM) they email the information to you. It is uncanny the amount of times these HETs are close to a swing high or low or a resumption of a trend. These High Energy Times are good for around 40 minutes. Times with a double asterisk attached are VERY strong. High Probability Trades show which instruments are due for a large volatility day based on previous days price action. A lot of customers just use their system to trade around news events and high energy times -- times when the markets are expected to move and breakouts are more common.

They have literally 100s of hours of recorded webinars members can access explaining their methods. They teach proper risk management. They teach breakout and pullback trades in great detail. If you are new to trading, they encourage you to stick to the dollar index or NQ where the risk on their system is $75 (15 tics on 1 contract) till you learn the system. With the current state of price swings lately, $300 profit days on these 2 instruments with only 1 contract are common. At $5 per tick, that is 60 tics per day.

There is a 10 day free trail you can access. The name of the company is Viper Trading Systems. Once again, I am just a satisfied customer. If you are brand new to trading, these simple methods work, the charts are simple. And the good thing is, if you miss a trade, just be patient. Just like trains or planes, another trade is coming along. Trading range bars instead of time based bars allow you to see trends easier. Larger range bar charts are the equivalent to longer time frame charts. By trading the smaller term range bars using the larger term range bars for long trend guidance, you increase your chances for success.

Trading is not easy just be prepared to be wrong anytime you enter a trade till price action shows you otherwise.
Gary, Rich and Charles know this and give support by email or Skype. There are also 4 webinars per week where their methods are discussed and questions are answered for all. Every webinar includes charts of recent trades and methods to improve your skills. If you cannot make it, the webinars are recorded for members.

God Bless

Sparky

RM99 
Austin, TX

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 124
Thanks Received: 704

I'll say it again (and again in the future if necessary).

"The most powerful force in the universe is compound interest." -Albert Einstein

You must ask yourself, if YOU could trade and achieve the results that some of these "vendors" are claiming....

Why on Earth would you bother yourself with training/moderating and fee based systems.

A) If you truly could make a 10x profit factor and 90% edge, then there's no amount of fee you could charge that would EVER even come within a light year of the returns you could get just by trading your methods on your own over an entire portfolio.

B) If A holds true, then there's seriously no reason other than straight charity, that a person would bother to operate a trading room.

C) If B holds true, then there's no reason to charge for said room. If you're doing it for "comraderie" and to be "a good guy" and help other traders out, then you wouldn't charge, it would be free.

Even a strategy/method that earns 1% compounded daily yields 12x your money in a trading year with 252 days.

Over the course of 2 years, that grows to a staggering 147 times your money.

For companies advertising (from 2006 to 2010) with returns that dwarf 1%/day, just consider this. A 5 year span earning 1%/trading day would yield 278,567x your money.

That means if you started out with an $10k account, (assuming unlimited growth), after 5 years of 1%/day, you end up with nearly $2.8BN.

And these hacks are claiming 5 and 6 year periods with returns well beyond 1%/trading day.

Sorry if I'm skeptical. Logic and facts speak for themselves. An internet reference is so easy to forge I can't believe I'm wasting the time to address it.

"A dumb man never learns. A smart man learns from his own failure and success. But a wise man learns from the failure and success of others."
Thanked by:

forrestang 
Chicago IL

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, MT4, Matlab
Broker: CQG, AMP, MB, DTN
Trading: E/U, G/U
Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 1,047

I haven't read this entire thread, but just some thoughts on the various trading rooms I've been in.

What I've always wanted to see in a trading room was someone actively entering and managing a trade. And their thought process when they manage their trade as its in progress. But in ALL BUT ONE trading room I have been in have I ever seen this.

The moderator often says what he thinks about a trade while it's in the process of setting up. But never actually whether he trades it or not. And if that info is put out, it's always 'AFTER THE FACT.' I don't know if it's just the moderator bs'ng, or if it is the trader's fear of publicly being wrong in front of others with the possibility of losing?

The ONLY room where I ever saw a trader place actual LIVE trades as they occurred in his platform with arrows and all was a PAID room I was in for about a two months. He was totally discretionary, and would have different reasons for managing most trades, but I did get to see him manage trades. I saw this guy take a few points from ES most days he traded it. Jared no longer runs that room, and I believe he is now managing a hedge fund. But he was the ONLY person that I have actually personally VERIFIED could trade profitably day in and day out.

Everyone else usually tells you about their trades in hindsight, or at least after the trade is already in some type of profit.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,541

Not all vendors are evil. Most seem to be, unfortunately -- but not all.

There are some who are honest people, who do not load up their website with outrageous claims and marketing propaganda, do not promise the holy grail, do not show how to double your account in a month, etc.

These same people have every right to charge for their time. Whether they make hundreds, thousands, or millions from their own trading - they still have a right to treat this venture as a business, and to charge for their time. Their time is valuable. I have no problem coming to that realization.

Of course the real challenge is finding an honest vendor that meets the above criteria. And the users, the customers, they don't make it easy. Why? Because most of them are unwilling to put in any time, learn anything other than a "red to blue" trading system, and expect everything to make them rich. After weeks/months/years of dealing with such people, it is easy to lose your own perspective, as you try to accommodate these customers.

Anyway, I don't recommend any vendors. I recommend futures.io (formerly BMT) I've also turned down 100% of all vendors who have approached me wanting to advertise banners on the site for their trading system, methodology, system, etc. But I also have to say not all vendors are evil, and the argument of "those who can't - teach", while true for the majority, is not true of everyone.

The best thing a typical user trying to learn to trade can do --- ask lots of questions before spending any money, ask specifically what one-on-one personalized training and coaching will be included for you, get a written refund policy, and get a written schedule of what training and materials will be provided for their purchase. If any of the material is over-the-top, too good to be true, or if the vendor is unwilling to provide this material prior to a purchase, then just move on. Personally, I would be looking for a "coach" - not a "system", "indicator", etc.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 gibbs 
Erie, PA

Platform: NT7, TWS
Broker: RCG & IB
Trading: volatility
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 22

Big Mike View Post
Not all vendors are evil. Most seem to be, unfortunately -- but not all.

There are some who are honest people, who do not load up their website with outrageous claims and marketing propaganda, do not promise the holy grail, do not show how to double your account in a month, etc.

These same people have every right to charge for their time. Whether they make hundreds, thousands, or millions from their own trading - they still have a right to treat this venture as a business, and to charge for their time. Their time is valuable. I have no problem coming to that realization.

Of course the real challenge is finding an honest vendor that meets the above criteria. And the users, the customers, they don't make it easy. Why? Because most of them are unwilling to put in any time, learn anything other than a "red to blue" trading system, and expect everything to make them rich. After weeks/months/years of dealing with such people, it is easy to lose your own perspective, as you try to accommodate these customers.

Anyway, I don't recommend any vendors. I recommend futures.io (formerly BMT) I've also turned down 100% of all vendors who have approached me wanting to advertise banners on the site for their trading system, methodology, system, etc. But I also have to say not all vendors are evil, and the argument of "those who can't - teach", while true for the majority, is not true of everyone.

The best thing a typical user trying to learn to trade can do --- ask lots of questions before spending any money, ask specifically what one-on-one personalized training and coaching will be included for you, get a written refund policy, and get a written schedule of what training and materials will be provided for their purchase. If any of the material is over-the-top, too good to be true, or if the vendor is unwilling to provide this material prior to a purchase, then just move on. Personally, I would be looking for a "coach" - not a "system", "indicator", etc.

Mike

Having been both a student and a mentor maybe I can lend a different perspective.

There are two big positives to offering training. First, it will definitely improve your trading. The initial impact will be negative as you adjust to everything new (trading in front of an audience, additional commitments on your time, etc.) but if you work your way through those issues there are invaluable benefits to be had. Second, over time you will meet some truly great people. Personally I can't think of two better benefits, or even one.

Unfortunately there are many, many negatives which over time begin to outweigh the positives and usually leads to some kind of burnout. I'll list a few of the big ones but this will not be a complete list.

First, if done properly it is a VERY time consuming endeavor and is really like having a full-time job on top of a full-time job.

Second, there isn't any money in it - at least not compared to what you can make trading - so if this was in any way a motivating factor for starting a training business (and IMO it shouldn't be) then you're going to be disappointed.

Third, the traditional training model is fatally flawed because you have the 'student' contracting the 'mentor' which means the student can do whatever they want, whenever they want, if they want, and the mentor has no leverage to affect changes in behavior.

And this is really a HUGE problem because contrary to popular belief the majority of people are poor-to-very poor students - e.g. poor work ethics, short attention spans, poor listening skills, insufficient time and/or resources, lack of discipline/patience, lack of resolve, unwillingness to venture outside of their comfort zones, etc. etc., etc. - which leads to all kinds of different frustrations and eventually leads to getting fed up with the entire process.

Fourth, and this isn't really a meaningful issue - I'm just including it for my own reasons - you have to tolerate reviews of your service made by people who have no earthly business/qualifications/experience in rendering such judgments.

I was going to list a couple more but I need to stop here so I'm going to close this post with three comments. First, all of the above is based on my own experience, and from that experience I can tell you flat out that I can't envision a scenario where I would ever be interested in offering training again.

Second, IMO people need to rethink how they view - and treat - vendors. Now I'm well aware of the ratio of charlatans to the good guys (and more so than most), but the way you folks do it now is reminiscent of the prisoner's dilemma.

And lastly, if you still think a legitimate mentor/vendor should offer a refund, well, you're bloody nuts. Or you just have better drugs than me.....

Thanked by:

sparky 
Fort Myers, Fl

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AmpFutures/CQG
Trading: Tf
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 55

forrestang View Post
I haven't read this entire thread, but just some thoughts on the various trading rooms I've been in.

What I've always wanted to see in a trading room was someone actively entering and managing a trade. And their thought process when they manage their trade as its in progress. But in ALL BUT ONE trading room I have been in have I ever seen this.

The moderator often says what he thinks about a trade while it's in the process of setting up. But never actually whether he trades it or not. And if that info is put out, it's always 'AFTER THE FACT.' I don't know if it's just the moderator bs'ng, or if it is the trader's fear of publicly being wrong in front of others with the possibility of losing?

The ONLY room where I ever saw a trader place actual LIVE trades as they occurred in his platform with arrows and all was a PAID room I was in for about a two months. He was totally discretionary, and would have different reasons for managing most trades, but I did get to see him manage trades. I saw this guy take a few points from ES most days he traded it. Jared no longer runs that room, and I believe he is now managing a hedge fund. But he was the ONLY person that I have actually personally VERIFIED could trade profitably day in and day out.

Everyone else usually tells you about their trades in hindsight, or at least after the trade is already in some type of profit.

I guarantee you there is one such room. As a satisfied customer only, I will tell you about this magical room. Each and every day minutes before the market opens, Gary marks his oil charts with simple trend lines and swing levels. While they follow 6 markets, Gary specializes in oil and TF. He tells you IN ADVANCE where he will enter a trade if a swing or a trend line is violated. He announces his profit goal for the trade in advance. His goal is usually the next swing level. At that level you are warned in advance to take a quick profit or tighten your stop. He warns you if a probe trade is setting up, he calls that out in advance with enough time for you to participate if you so choose. If the markets are in chop mode, that is announced as it develops. A big "refrigerator"' box is drawn around the chop zone as it forms. No trades are called in the chop zone, and breakout levels from the chop are also called in advance. Swing levels are called, again in advance, as a place to either take profits, enter trades, or tighten stops. Pull back levels before possible trend resumption are called in advance. If you miss the initial entries, pull backs for either entry or adding to positions are called as they are happening.

The 3 moderators call trades in currencies as they are setting up. They warn you when to stay out of trades because the major move has already occurred. As news events are happening, they tell you as they are occurring whether to be ready to go long or short. Trades after news events take place 3 to 5 minutes after news release, and they RARELY miss the call on the general trend forming. The custom indicators they use clearly show trend forming or continuing. The indicators show trailing stop levels and they teach you when to use them, when to recognize when to get out earlier than stop dots or even when to hold past the stops for yellow bar probe trade setups They announce where they are taking trades, not after the trade starts, with plenty of lead time if you care to participate in the trade.Trailing stops are announced as they are occurring. Oil inventory days usually stir up prices one way or another. They announce as it is happening what possible entry points (levels, not exact prices) to watch for. I have seen way too many 100 - 200 tic trades that they have called the last few months of volatility to doubt their methods. The system of using range bars coupled with breakout trades and probe trades seems to work well.

The same is true before major reports that affect the equity market. While advising you to not initiate a new trade 10-15 minutes before the report, and tightening up your stop on any profitable trades you are in, they watch the price action as the range bars are "shotgunned" across your chart as the news is released. Their indicators, which are very simple to follow, indicate the proper direction to trade. This is announced as it is occuring, and new positions are taken 3-5 minutes after the news release. Quite often as the monster trends we have experienced the last few months develope, all of us in the room are nicely positioned to grab a large part of the 100-150 tic moves that frequently occur after major reports. Trailing stops are upgraded as the trade develops. The moderators show their live chart trader charts showing entries at or close to the levels announced before the trade.

Again, as I said in my last post, I am just a satisfied customer. Viper Trading Systems call trades in advance, take trades as they occur, manage the trade as it occurs, announce winners and losers as they occur without the bull I have heard in other rooms. Having 3 experienced moderators prevents the monotony of a one moderator room. At the end of the 2 hour trading session they do a recap of the trades they took. Why would they put up a doctored up phony chart trader every day showing large profits when day after day after day the system is profitable----- They do not say "Oh well I coulda, shoulda woulda taken a trade in hindsight.The trades are announced in advance with enough lead time for me to get in the trade if I so desire.

There is at least one good room that goes against your blanket indictment I quoted. If you want to be amazed, visit their room. As Bill O'Reilly says, "You are now entering the no spin zone." Many many times after the first 1/2 hour and we hit our daily goals, we are advised - "Nicely green, turn off your machine."

God Bless
Sparky

RM99 
Austin, TX

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 124
Thanks Received: 704

sparky View Post
I guarantee you there is one such room. As a satisfied customer only, I will tell you about this magical room. Each and every day minutes before the market opens, Gary marks his oil charts with simple trend lines and swing levels. While they follow 6 markets, Gary specializes in oil and TF. He tells you IN ADVANCE where he will enter a trade if a swing or a trend line is violated. He announces his profit goal for the trade in advance. His goal is usually the next swing level. At that level you are warned in advance to take a quick profit or tighten your stop. He warns you if a probe trade is setting up, he calls that out in advance with enough time for you to participate if you so choose. If the markets are in chop mode, that is announced as it develops. A big "refrigerator"' box is drawn around the chop zone as it forms. No trades are called in the chop zone, and breakout levels from the chop are also called in advance. Swing levels are called, again in advance, as a place to either take profits, enter trades, or tighten stops. Pull back levels before possible trend resumption are called in advance. If you miss the initial entries, pull backs for either entry or adding to positions are called as they are happening.

The 3 moderators call trades in currencies as they are setting up. They warn you when to stay out of trades because the major move has already occurred. As news events are happening, they tell you as they are occurring whether to be ready to go long or short. Trades after news events take place 3 to 5 minutes after news release, and they RARELY miss the call on the general trend forming. The custom indicators they use clearly show trend forming or continuing. The indicators show trailing stop levels and they teach you when to use them, when to recognize when to get out earlier than stop dots or even when to hold past the stops for yellow bar probe trade setups They announce where they are taking trades, not after the trade starts, with plenty of lead time if you care to participate in the trade.Trailing stops are announced as they are occurring. Oil inventory days usually stir up prices one way or another. They announce as it is happening what possible entry points (levels, not exact prices) to watch for. I have seen way too many 100 - 200 tic trades that they have called the last few months of volatility to doubt their methods. The system of using range bars coupled with breakout trades and probe trades seems to work well.

The same is true before major reports that affect the equity market. While advising you to not initiate a new trade 10-15 minutes before the report, and tightening up your stop on any profitable trades you are in, they watch the price action as the range bars are "shotgunned" across your chart as the news is released. Their indicators, which are very simple to follow, indicate the proper direction to trade. This is announced as it is occuring, and new positions are taken 3-5 minutes after the news release. Quite often as the monster trends we have experienced the last few months develope, all of us in the room are nicely positioned to grab a large part of the 100-150 tic moves that frequently occur after major reports. Trailing stops are upgraded as the trade develops. The moderators show their live chart trader charts showing entries at or close to the levels announced before the trade.

Again, as I said in my last post, I am just a satisfied customer. Viper Trading Systems call trades in advance, take trades as they occur, manage the trade as it occurs, announce winners and losers as they occur without the bull I have heard in other rooms. Having 3 experienced moderators prevents the monotony of a one moderator room. At the end of the 2 hour trading session they do a recap of the trades they took. Why would they put up a doctored up phony chart trader every day showing large profits when day after day after day the system is profitable----- They do not say "Oh well I coulda, shoulda woulda taken a trade in hindsight.The trades are announced in advance with enough lead time for me to get in the trade if I so desire.

There is at least one good room that goes against your blanket indictment I quoted. If you want to be amazed, visit their room. As Bill O'Reilly says, "You are now entering the no spin zone." Many many times after the first 1/2 hour and we hit our daily goals, we are advised - "Nicely green, turn off your machine."

God Bless
Sparky

So what exactly is the operable motivation for them to operate this room?

"A dumb man never learns. A smart man learns from his own failure and success. But a wise man learns from the failure and success of others."

forrestang 
Chicago IL

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, MT4, Matlab
Broker: CQG, AMP, MB, DTN
Trading: E/U, G/U
Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 1,047

sparky View Post
I guarantee you there is one such room.

Oh there is such a room. That was the point of my post, that while I believe most moderators of rooms are mainly telling you what they do in HINDSIGHT, I was in a room where I could see a guy's chart, real time, I was also able to verify this chart was in fact real-time via my charts, and I could see each trade he took. Along with his reasoning for his management decisions.

Last Updated on December 8, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts