NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Learning to trade through self discovery

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one dc618 with 35 posts (42 thanks)
    2. looks_two Cashish with 13 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 8 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 3 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two dc618 with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Cashish with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 13,461 views
    2. thumb_up 66 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 64 posts
    2. attach_file 24 attachments

Search this Thread

Learning to trade through self discovery

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Big Mike View Post
First, blue very sorry for your loss. Words are not enough for such a thing.

Easier said than done, naturally. But I look at parents who let their kids watch hours of TV every day or parents who constantly have baby sitters or constantly use day care or school as a way to "take a break" from their child... and well, it is easy to see why we have such an enormous generational gap between today's children and my grandmother's time. Most of it comes from how families have changed, in my opinion.

Mike

Thanks, we all die, just some way too soon. I feel I would give up my life for any young person for a longer seat on the bus.

You are spot on about TV, advertising, etc.. It is disgusting. Now with Disney movies you can't fast forward with some media players to the movie and they make the kids watch about 10 minutes of 'Ads'. Unreal.... Do you know how impatient a kid can be when you pop in a cool new Disney flick? More impatient than my trading style!!! haha...

Families have crumbled. Woman are looked down upon to be homemakers and Men are looked down upon for wanting a woman to be a homemaker for their kids! haha...

All of our 'friends' stick their kids in daycare and they all look 'down' upon us as "Why don't your kids go to daycare..."

I explain, "Why would they?" They just look shocked and reply, "To get an education, to socialize and be normal" etc..

I explain back, "You mean to bring home germs from the other snot-nosed kids?", "You mean we can't teach a kid the alphabet or animals, or sing songs or all the other stuff?". What about taking the kids to the Zoo, Aquarium, Discovery Center (Kids Play place for education), Ocean, Mountains for hiking to learn about plants and tree's and the beauty..."

They retort, "Well, some of us HAVE TO WORK".....

haha...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

dc618 View Post
Blue-- I'm sorry to hear about your nephew. I could not even imagine how to deal with the loss of a younger family member.

The teachers at my son's school seemed to hint toward ADHD, although they admitted they were not at all qualified to make any diagnoses. I personally feel that attention deficit disorder is used as a catch-all excuse by ma, ny physicians it provides a simple reason for why there might be any behavior issues at all. I believe that there is a wide range of "normal", and although there are cases where medication is justified, it is often used as an easy way out. Kids learn in different ways. They progress at different rates. They blossom with different skill sets. And this is all normal, in my opinion.

Thanks.

I agree, just like traders, we all have strengths, personalities and weaknesses... haha...

I personally tend to be someone who has to fail double or triple the amount of the average joe and the I master it. Through the process it looks like I am f-in a football, and an ugliness comes out, but that is all part of metamorphosis... haha..

Teachers (Ok, I will go with most Americans...) think Pills are the answer...

You ever read about Joe Kennedy and his daughter that he had 'treated'.... I realize that is an extreme, but why not do a "One Flew over the Kookoo's Nest" on every kid.... Very few are perfect little angels... Kids don't change, it is the parents perception of what is 'normal'. Read Oliver Twist or some of the older 1800 books about kids and we will all find that kids were just as terrible then as today, but our perspective and patience has just changed...

Just please don't feed your kid drugs even if some punk from a 'medical school' tells you to.... Done preaching....

Thanked by:
 dc618 
Washington DC

Experience: Beginner
Platform: OEC
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 42
Thanks Received: 47

Played some channel breakout trades this morning. I would have liked to overlay the VWAP, calculated from at least the start of the Globex session, but alas, no VWAP comes standard with OEC Trader. I guess I can either 1) find a different broker, or 2) code in a VWAP. I don't have coding skills, so #1 seems more attractive, but I'm also hoping that coding in EasyLanguage is, well, easy.

I must constantly ask myself: Am I trading well? Am I following my rules?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-12-01 chart mark up.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	56150  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,537

There are a few EL VWAP's floating around, check here for example:

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Cashish 
Miami FL USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ensign 10, NT7 DOM
Broker: IB, IQ
Trading: Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 811
Thanks Received: 2,102

dc618 View Post
I would have liked to overlay the VWAP, calculated from at least the start of the Globex session

I can put it in your "rear view mirror" for what it's worth.

blue line is your 20ema
red is vwap, I added the 3rd Std Dev line (gold)
black is the VH POC
Looks like a train wreck to me Taking that long at 4;25 was a nice trade, but you had to sell them at even all morning.

But that is the past and today is a new opportunity. The big move on Wednesday left a POC at 1.3463 right where it's trading now as I write this. This is also the HLC/3 # My buy number (BN) for Fri is 3408 my sell number (SN) is 3515. Of course there's "nothing but net" under 3421, 19, 14 and buying down there at even (3400) on a first drop may be more than my old ticker could take. On the other hand I've been trying to sell 3626 for two weeks and would jump on that during any news release. I think Friday will be exciting around the news, but the early sessions usually offer an opportunity to position yourself,,,,,, if your quick.

This is a hourly chart from Nov 6th

Last Updated on December 2, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts