NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Back to the Future

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one BTTFT Michael with 27 posts (40 thanks)
    2. looks_two gg80108 with 26 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tradingonvolume with 20 posts (44 thanks)
    4. looks_4 dandxg with 16 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two tradingonvolume with 2.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 BTTFT Michael with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gg80108 with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 183,948 views
    2. thumb_up 402 thanks given
    3. group 76 followers
    1. forum 290 posts
    2. attach_file 63 attachments

Search this Thread

Back to the Future

tradingonvolume 
Rhode Island, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts
Trading: Any Instrument
Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Received: 73

One thing I don't like about the trading "community" is false or fake information.
Your "facts" of 33% this, 33% that are rediculous considering you haven't seen but a few screenshots.
They probably don't offer trials because of how easily trials are converted to the full version in ninja.
The indicator has merit but you'll have to find it. It's not the red light, green light holy Grail that most are looking for. It's not predictive, no cycle indicator is, it probabilities.
The old adage applies here. Don't knock it till you try it.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Scott305 
Columbus OH

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 5

I stand by what I wrote. At the end of the webinar I asked for a trial. I was told tersely, "No, we don't do that." Now I see a posting that contradicts that. Somebody should tell the guy doing the webinars.

I have received 6 days covering 4 markets thru email. Again, what I observed was what I wrote...
1/3 time it worked, etc, etc. It is not hard to understand what you're seeing on these screen shots. The lower line is supposed to show the bigger overall trend and the upper line is supposed to show the wiggles within that trend.

You want to buy it? Buy it. But from what I've seen, I understand why no trial.

Lastly, to Michael... if you want to offer a free trial then post the info here and I'm sure you'll be able to get plenty of takers. Of course I'll take another look if you're offering a more substantial look than a handful of emails.

All I know is what I've seen. Good day.

Scott

tradingonvolume 
Rhode Island, USA

Scott305 View Post
All I know is what I've seen. Good day.
Scott

Exactly, you haven't seen anything. You can post an opinion of what you think might be the case but don't post 'facts' and 'statistics' based on nothing. The trading comminity is full of false information and you're not helping.

Attached, real trades of how I trade it. If I get a signal and have one of my proprietary S/R lines then I take it. Consider that I only scalp for 1 - 2 points. 3 - 5 tick stop.

So when someone tells me that what I use to trade is only 33% accurate and I am able to use it with 85% accuracy, over the long term, then I've got to call them on it. You're full of it Scott. Post some screenshots of trades that you would have actually taken with it that didn't work and ones that did work to back it up if you're that sure of yourself. Every dot isn't a signal, there has to be significance there. Maybe that's where your 'statistics' are coming from, if so then it's poor chart reading and trading ability, that would cause your kind of "results".

Again, any trial of a Ninja trader indicator can be converted to the full version with a little know how so I don't blame them for protecting their intellectual property.

If people would like to see more trades then just ask nicely. I'm not trying to sell anything over there. I just want to let people know it can work and I really respect the original creator of this.

Edit: added trades from Friday morning. I only trade mornings. Why trade more? 5+ points per contract there.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flux Trades.jpg
Views:	809
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	13488   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fri Morn.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	13489  
 AR01 
CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: MT4, Ninja Trader
Trading: EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 400
Thanks Received: 628

tradingonvolume View Post
Exactly, you haven't seen anything. You can post an opinion of what you think might be the case but don't post 'facts' and 'statistics' based on nothing. The trading comminity is full of false information and you're not helping.

Attached, real trades of how I trade it. If I get a signal and have one of my proprietary S/R lines then I take it. Consider that I only scalp for 1 - 2 points. 3 - 5 tick stop.

So when some tells me that what I use to trade is only 33% accurate and I am able to use it with 85% accuracy, over the long term, then I've got to call them on it. You're full of it Scott. Post some screenshots of trades that you would have actually taken with it that didn't work and ones that did work to back it up if you're that sure of yourself. Every dot isn't a signal, there has to be significance there. Maybe that's where your 'statistics' are coming from, if so then it's poor trading ability that would cause your kind of results.

Again, any trial of a Ninja trader indicator can be converted to the full version with a little know how so I don't blame them for protecting their intellectual property.

If people would like to see more trades then just ask nicely. I'm not trying to sell anything over there. I just want to let people know it can work and I really respect the original creator of this.

Edit: added trades from Friday morning. I only trade mornings. Why trade more? 5+ points per contract there.

Just to clarify, the dots come from BTTFT proprietary indicator(s)?

Andrew

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 tradingonvolume 
Rhode Island, USA

AR01 View Post
Just to clarify, the dots come from BTTFT proprietary indicator(s)?

Andrew

Correct. You can see in the top left corner how it says CBC markers. That's the BTTF indi.
Also in the bottom right it says how many weeks the CBC is looking back.

There is a great amount of logic behind this indicator. I wouldn't use it if there wasn't and it wouldn't work if there wasn't.

aslan 
Madison, WI

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ALT
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 356
Thanks Received: 1,127

tradingonvolume View Post
There is a great amount of logic behind this indicator.

Dont be so sure, the basic algorithm is actually based on a very simple idea. Basically what happened last Monday and the Monday(s) before will happen again next Monday (based on time of day). Same for the other days of the week. There is a lot of code behind the indicator because they are doing some things that don't match that well with NT, but the basic premise is rather simple.

I own the indicator, and have seen days where you know this is the grail, and then there are the other days where my cup does not hold water. Most days are in between those extremes. IMO, this indicator can not be used by itself, but needs to be paired with something else. I currently am not using it.

tradingonvolume 
Rhode Island, USA

aslan View Post
Dont be so sure, the basic algorithm is actually based on a very simple idea. Basically what happened last Monday and the Monday(s) before will happen again next Monday (based on time of day). Same for the other days of the week.

Exactly. That's the good amount of logic behind it. It's a cycle indicator. This is why you must use it in conjunction with other indicators. All cycle indicators need more specific timing. If we're in an upcycle or downcycle where do we trade, right? That's why I have my S/R lines.
If you need some help using it I could give you a hand.

dandxg 
Denver, Colorado

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: ES, CL, anything that makes $$
Thanks Given: 164
Thanks Received: 77

What I don't understand is why they can't get better than 60% on their own that comes straight from Michael. I can do that right now with Market Profile and Market Delta actually better. They keep throwing things like reverse radar and they still only get 60%, no one expects 90% but 60% not great. One can flip a coin for free and get slightly worse results. And often the ones that do work are early or late in move from my viewing. I give them credit for being honest that's unique in trading.

tradingonvolume 
Rhode Island, USA

dandxg View Post
What I don't understand is why they can't get better than 60% on their own that comes straight from Michael.

Agreed. It's up to you to get it past 60%. I think 60% is if you look at every single power zone. Personally I don't use the power zones. It's beyond my timeframe of trading. These trades with the "dots" are 85% with my S/R.

dandxg, if you're getting 60% then you're miles ahead of most traders. Nice work! With a consistent 60% you could increase your size to see nice profit with that percentage.

edit: attached are trades from the 12th and 13th of May, last week.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12th.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	13501   Click image for larger version

Name:	13th.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	13502  
 BTTFT Michael 
East Bend

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation, MetaTrader
Broker: Mirus/Kinetick
Trading: Futures, Oil, Gold, NQ
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 67

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

(edited: removed details of customers using system -- Big Mike)

(edited: removed details of system and offer -- Big Mike)

Looking at a few days of charts with no training is like analyzing your own MRI's and X-Rays. It can be done, but it's not advisable. I'm grateful for clients that post their own experiences in here, as well. There are many more that would be willing to talk to anyone that wants to know more. Contrary to the industry's reputation, we're actually here to help - not deceive.

(edited: removed reference to system -- Big Mike)

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Last Updated on January 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts