NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Back to the Future

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one BTTFT Michael with 27 posts (40 thanks)
    2. looks_two gg80108 with 26 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tradingonvolume with 20 posts (44 thanks)
    4. looks_4 dandxg with 16 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two tradingonvolume with 2.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 BTTFT Michael with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gg80108 with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 183,948 views
    2. thumb_up 402 thanks given
    3. group 76 followers
    1. forum 290 posts
    2. attach_file 63 attachments

Search this Thread

Back to the Future

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,538

TraderJim618 View Post
More trades...

Hi,

This is a vendor review thread. Please post your review. This is not a journal for screenshots.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
TraderJim618
Falls Church, VA

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 25

Have no worries Mike ... I was trying to demonstrate how the cycle markers work in assisting real trades on a frequent basis. A picture is sometimes worth a thousand words.

Jim

tflanner 
Chicago, IL

Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja
Trading: ES, Ym, NQ, VTI, SPY, VXUS
Thanks Given: 797
Thanks Received: 320

@Trader Jim

i love after the fact pictures....they are sooo comforting and profitable.

buy when cci above zero...selll when cci below zero.

The Market is Smarter than You Are
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YM 09-14 (2 UniRenko T2R10O4)  6_24_2014.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	149700  
 MarkG 
Switzerland

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Kinetick, CQG
Trading: CL, FDAX, Forex
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 26

@tflanner Exactly.
The screenshots show how the RiosQuant system can work but certainly not how the Flux works.
Indeed it shows that sometimes the Flux can work with RiosQuant but drawing random dots can also show this.

TraderJim618
Falls Church, VA

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 25

"Indeed it shows that sometimes the Flux can work with Rios Quant but drawing random dots can also show this."

Not sure what you mean exactly, and with all due respect, I'm not clear how you could evaluate something you don't understand, or haven't used (products)? The TCMs have an approximate accuracy of 70%. I had commented in my original post that I personally don't use the TCMs as my alpha trigger. The TCMs are used as a component in an overall discretionary system that begins with market selection, based on correlations, when I am trading risk on/off commodities or currencies. I have no interest in taking trades simply based on a buy or sell TCM marker. That's a recipe for depleting your trading capital.

It's difficult to convey the significance of how these markers work for me in a post, but I love them in conjunction with the other tools I utilize. All I can say is that after 600+ trades since incorporating them into my system (purchased the software in 4/13), the results have been terrific. Personally I think a trader can learn a helluva lot by looking at charts, that's why I posted so many different instruments to demonstrate executed trades showing how Time Markers and Gnos levels worked together.

BTW, I have no affiliation with BTTFT.

Thanked by:
FalseProphets
Toledo, OH

Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 46

TraderJim,
I am sure you can see how you are coming across despite your intentions. First, you post charts, all of which are predominantly marked up by Rios tools, but you highlight the efficacy of flux. Then you quote flux accuracy like talking points straight out of their webinars even though you don't use them as standalone signals.
Folks would be interested to know that even though you have proven flux to be 70% accurate but you don't use them because you have your own combination that gives you 80%, 90% accuracy???
Please make sure you get a deep discount from Michael soon, regardless of your affiliation.

Magiklair 
Alexandria, Minnesota

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja trader
Broker: IB / IQFeed
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 38

TraderJim618 View Post
"Indeed it shows that sometimes the Flux can work with Rios Quant but drawing random dots can also show this."

Not sure what you mean exactly, and with all due respect, I'm not clear how you could evaluate something you don't understand, or haven't used (products)? The TCMs have an approximate accuracy of 70%. I had commented in my original post that I personally don't use the TCMs as my alpha trigger. The TCMs are used as a component in an overall discretionary system that begins with market selection, based on correlations, when I am trading risk on/off commodities or currencies. I have no interest in taking trades simply based on a buy or sell TCM marker. That's a recipe for depleting your trading capital.

It's difficult to convey the significance of how these markers work for me in a post, but I love them in conjunction with the other tools I utilize. All I can say is that after 600+ trades since incorporating them into my system (purchased the software in 4/13), the results have been terrific. Personally I think a trader can learn a helluva lot by looking at charts, that's why I posted so many different instruments to demonstrate executed trades showing how Time Markers and Gnos levels worked together.

BTW, I have no affiliation with BTTFT.

What the heck are you doing posting screenshots? I don't buy the affiliation statement.

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

I have a hard time believing there isn't some kind of trademark or copyright issue with him using the Back to the Future and Flux Capacitor names.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
FalseProphets
Toledo, OH

Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 46

Trademarks tend to apply to intra-industry protections, where there is a legitimate concern for brand confusion among consumers. Motion picture and trading would not be considered close enough for consumer confusion. One inspires imagination and another's claims are imaginary.

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Market Wizard

Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,988

BTTFT Michael View Post

This week, I admittedly lost my mind.

With regards to my definition of the word "hacked", I am inferring that people in the upload section post indicators that mimic identically what was developed by a 3rd party. I went back to find specific examples of ones I had seen uploaded....files that even other members had commented on saying, "Whoa budddy, those look like such and such's indicators...you shouldn't have posted that here". Indicators like Raghee's mahTrendGraber in a download section. If Raghee, the original developer, didn't upload it, why was it there with no credit given back to her? Others were there, but I can't find them now. A fast search showed however the indicator with the phrase "Blue Wave" in it, alluding to the Blue Wave Trading company. ?

@BTTFT Michael,

I just saw your post reading @Big Mike's response to you. I don't know who you are, what you sell, or what your gripe is about, but apparently as you admit you may have lost your mind to accuse others of hacking. I assume your whatever indicator that you are selling is 100% original. @Big Mike has done a great job here so far to expose and boot out snake oils, his record show that.

For your information, Ragee's chart setup is no secret and she has presented it publically in Futures and Forex Expos and described it fully. The indicator mahTrendGraber in nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) downloads was written for this setup for NinjaTrader when it was not available for NT. Since then, at least one "Legit Vendor" has hacked this mah NT version and selling it as part of a package.

You did not even bothered to read what was written for description of the indicator in download section that gives full credit to Ragee Horner for the concept. Here is your chance to read it again at this link so that you don't jump to conclusion again, the very same thing you are complaining about:

And here is the description submitted with the indicator:

"I wrote this indicator based on a chart setup used by Raghee Horner for trading currency pairs but it can be applied to any instrument. So, credit for the idea goes to Ms. Horner.

Although this indicator is very simple, it is very powerful when used correctly. The indicator is a trend following setup that will keep one out of choppy markets and on the right side of the trend.

It is helpful to watch one of Raghee's seminars on IBFX to understand how this indicator is applied.

Enjoy!!

Added on October 10, 2011:

Here is a link to free Raghee Horner's eBook on this setup.

https://www.dailyforextradingedge.com/sites/default/files/ebook.pdf

Added on November 2, 2011

When I see Raghee in a couple of weeks in Traders' Expo in Las Vegas I will discuss specifics of this setup and report back.

Also, will tell her that "Tiberius" said" You didn't tell me that Raghee was so good looking. Because she is."

Added on November 6, 2011
Revised to add shading to show EMA as a band. Just replace the older version.

Exported using:

NT 7.0.10000."

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on January 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts