NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Back to the Future

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one BTTFT Michael with 27 posts (40 thanks)
    2. looks_two gg80108 with 26 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tradingonvolume with 20 posts (44 thanks)
    4. looks_4 dandxg with 16 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two tradingonvolume with 2.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 BTTFT Michael with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gg80108 with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 183,948 views
    2. thumb_up 402 thanks given
    3. group 76 followers
    1. forum 290 posts
    2. attach_file 63 attachments

Search this Thread

Back to the Future

Tiberius 
Coos County New Hampshire

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,984
Thanks Received: 3,406

Tiberius View Post
Today was a mixed bag. I am not an expert with the flux and I am not currently trading it. But if I am going to take a trade off a flux marker; I want to be in a OB/OS zone or just coming out and trading in the direction of my panel 2. A catalyst for panel 2. Or if in a trade, then pull the stop tighter with a upcoming flux marker. IMHO.

one of Ron's favorite Flux trading methods was to trade flux markers off the Double Stochastics turning points in the zones. Whether they be with buy/sell or neutral Flux markers. I also like trading the SuperTrend indie in the directions of the PowerZone. And Ron/Mike has had success with trading the 3 minute markers for the 6E. And I like the 6E.................

of course Flux students know all this.................

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 gg80108 
Castle Pines N, CO.

Experience: Advanced
Broker: Amp Futures/Zen-Fire)
Thanks Given: 196
Thanks Received: 132

Tiberius View Post
I need to add the flux back into my trading style to gain an additional edge............. all the flux indies have been upgraded and I need to relearn there application to my charts.

Just popped this flux marker onto my chart this morning.................

Why did u go to something else and away from the flux? Could it be the market cycles changed and flux went through a tough period.. Just like the stoplight worked good for a while.....

Tiberius 

gg80108 View Post
Why did u go to something else and away from the flux? Could it be the market cycles changed and flux went through a tough period.. Just like the stoplight worked good for a while.....

Yes.......... the flux was having a tough go of it. The spotlight was a meat grinder. I failed to gain consistency with whatever I tried. So I must move forwards not backwards.

An underlying theme here at futures.io (formerly BMT) is to find your trading style, develop it and trade it. Even if only a few practice it. That's what I finally did after trying other people's trading methods. I now have my niche. Now with all the Flux indicators being upgraded, I don't have the time at this moment to relearn there application. The Flux has grown into a science.

I am willing to back into the Flux, putting the indicators to work on my templates.

Tiberius 

gg80108 View Post

Mike sent an e-mail on Tuesday about the new live trading room for the FLUX, hosted by a successful Flux trader. In that e-mail he said he would follow it up with another so 50 flux students could join. Now, I don't want to be a live trading room groupie, but since I have hundreds of hours invested into the Flux, I was interested in seeing it's application by "successful" traders.

But at this moment, see time stamp on post, I have not received that follow up e-mail.

PS: Got an e-mail from Mike when I ask him about his follow-up e-mail. He said "this weekend"

gg80108 
Castle Pines N, CO.

Tiberius View Post
Mike sent an e-mail on Tuesday about the new live trading room for the FLUX, hosted by a successful Flux trader. In that e-mail he said he would follow it up with another so 50 flux students could join. Now, I don't want to be a live trading room groupie, but since I have hundreds of hours invested into the Flux, I was interested in seeing it's application by "successful" traders.

But at this moment, see time stamp on post, I have not received that follow up e-mail.

PS: Got an e-mail from Mike when I ask him about his follow-up e-mail. He said "this weekend"

U going for the $500 a month deal? I'm more impressed by someone who has teaching credentials rather then just trading,(though I'm in awe of someone who can make it trading) cause if u can't teach, urs just paying for the privilege to watch...................

Tiberius 

gg80108 View Post
U going for the $500 a month deal? I'm more impressed by someone who has teaching credentials rather then just trading,(though I'm in awe of someone who can make it trading) cause if u can't teach, urs just paying for the privilege to watch...................

No, I am not going to join the trading room. All I need is a few proven good ideas to work with on my present charts. Not to pay $495 to be a room groupie. I will ask Ron what's going on these days.

gg80108 
Castle Pines N, CO.

Tiberius View Post
No, I am not going to join the trading room. All I need is a few proven good ideas to work with on my present charts. Not to pay $495 to be a room groupie. I will ask Ron what's going on these days.

Maybe we can get some feedback for those who have "struck their claim" for a lot in the subdivision.....

I'd pay lots more if I could create the" terms of performance", but alias vendors stack the performance for payment in their favor by "we will make xxx$ or next month free" if u can stomach ride and we can easily cherry pick the good trades!..... I have seen none that has a drawdown provision, since this is where men are separated from their money.

Thanked by:
 gg80108 
Castle Pines N, CO.

gbox1105 View Post
Hi traders
here is a trade i took in the ES today and it talks about inversions with it please watch both videos for exsplantion.
happy trading
2011-09-02_0935 - rodny1105's library
2011-09-02_0940 - rodny1105's library

U know what bothers me about inversions, is that the "flux dot" is set just a static offset from the bar and no "magic" behind it (maybe thats a good thing).... Also isn't the inversion is just a failure of market action to go with the prediction.. This is all real obvious after the fact,,,, so do u stop and reverse if an inversion occures, if so what about whipsaws?

Thanked by:
 Relentless 
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Platform: NT7, TOS
Trading: Futures, Equities
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 7

wtf...how are these people justifying these ridiculous prices...

Flux Professional Tool Set = $2495 !!!!

LOL

High-Tech Redneck
Thanked by:
 gg80108 
Castle Pines N, CO.

gbox1105 View Post
Hi traders
here is a trade i took in the ES today and it talks about inversions with it please watch both videos for exsplantion.
happy trading
2011-09-02_0935 - rodny1105's library
2011-09-02_0940 - rodny1105's library

gbox1105 View Post
Hi traders
here was a trade it took in the TF but i forgot to post it last night so i am doing this morning.
good trade two contract trade on a retracement from the break out.
I was using the flux to confirm it from the HPE, AMACD,P OWER ZONE..
hope the video make sence.
take care and happy trading

http://screencast.com/t/s1cQQn2Urw

WOW 100% winners so far ????

Last Updated on January 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts