NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Back to the Future

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one BTTFT Michael with 27 posts (40 thanks)
    2. looks_two gg80108 with 26 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tradingonvolume with 20 posts (44 thanks)
    4. looks_4 dandxg with 16 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two tradingonvolume with 2.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 BTTFT Michael with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gg80108 with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 183,948 views
    2. thumb_up 402 thanks given
    3. group 76 followers
    1. forum 290 posts
    2. attach_file 63 attachments

Search this Thread

Back to the Future

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

Big Mike View Post
Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Mike

So many deleted posts, reprimands, and negative views about this product! I've never used this product myself, but I think there has to be some reasons for these sentiments. I personally would not be comfortable with, or spend much time and effort on any product which generates that much polarity.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 gg80108 
Castle Pines N, CO.

Experience: Advanced
Broker: Amp Futures/Zen-Fire)
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 196
Thanks Received: 132

've had this indicator for a year but have never been able to realize its genus (too many dots for me) .. In a nutshell indicator divides the days up (all mondays, all tuesdays, etc) then uses this info per day to identify which times of that day showed potential.. The times the dots print are available before todays trading day..
Enclosed is a chart and an explanation from the vendor,, for me there seems to be too many false signals to be of any use..
Comments would be appreciated? txs all

Please no "vendor" bashing,, want this to be educational... txs

think #7 comment below is a bit of a stretch.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vendor comments:

1.go back and circle the red amacd at 5:40...that occurs at the double bottom after an impulse new low move.

2.Circle the green dot at 6:30ish, where the market stopped, and attempted to punch higher (pivot).

3.Circle the red market at 11:00 on the down leg of the reversal low.

4.Circle the red Powerzone red marker and AMACD marker at the bottom of the impulse move through to a double bottom on the new low at support.

5.Circle the green pz dot at 2:15 est.

6.Circle the green amacd dot at 15:00...the beginning of the bull flag.

7.Circle the red amacd marker at the small pivot high in the asian session.....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6e btf.JPG
Views:	817
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	29982  
Thanked by:

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

gg80108 View Post
've had this indicator for a year but have never been able to realize its genus (too many dots for me) .. In a nutshell indicator divides the days up (all mondays, all tuesdays, etc) then uses this info per day to identify which times of that day showed potential.. The times the dots print are available before todays trading day..
Enclosed is a chart and an explanation from the vendor,, for me there seems to be too many false signals to be of any use..
Comments would be appreciated? txs all

Please no "vendor" bashing,, want this to be educational... txs

think #7 comment below is a bit of a stretch.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vendor comments:

1.go back and circle the red amacd at 5:40...that occurs at the double bottom after an impulse new low move.

2.Circle the green dot at 6:30ish, where the market stopped, and attempted to punch higher (pivot).

3.Circle the red market at 11:00 on the down leg of the reversal low.

4.Circle the red Powerzone red marker and AMACD marker at the bottom of the impulse move through to a double bottom on the new low at support.

5.Circle the green pz dot at 2:15 est.

6.Circle the green amacd dot at 15:00...the beginning of the bull flag.

7.Circle the red amacd marker at the small pivot high in the asian session.....

If you only look a the dots at, double bottom, pivot, reversal, support, bull flag, pivot high, etc, as is indicated in the post by the vendor. Why don't I just look for these market structures myself, instead of buying this indicator? or just buy an indicator that actually identifies these market structures for me, instead of a deluge of dots that hopefully land near one of these structures?

Throw enough dots on a chart, some of them are bound to hit something!

dandxg 
Denver, Colorado

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: ES, CL, anything that makes $$
Thanks Given: 164
Thanks Received: 77

After sitting through many of their presentations I would only take trades when a big dot matches their S/R lines. Others are too random. I never bought it. Michael is a decent guy, but just not for me.

gg80108 
Castle Pines N, CO.

Michaelangelo saw the statue in the stone before he started to carve and chipped away everything that was not the statue
Flags, lines, s/r , appear in the minds eye on a plain chart with just the dots for the fortunate.
I just see the dots right now...................... well there it is!

I do have a bot that uses this software in a mechanical manner whos rules are available on the vendor website, it involves only two vendor triggers and the bollinger band, predefined no guess work.. This was not entered in the bot contest because u gotta buy a license to use their indicator.. This would have been my first choice in the bot contest.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	endbot.JPG
Views:	845
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	30080  
 danathetrader 
California united states

Platform: NT TS
Broker: NinjaTRADER
Trading: rty,ES EC CG
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 8

Alan View Post
Has anybody tried or purchased the Flux Capacitor by Back to the Future?

I have seen one or two demos. The system / indicator looks pretty good. However, as this futures.io (formerly BMT) forum is trying to move to an indicator free trading environment, I wonder if this indicator is worth looking at! Time could be better spent learning to read price action.

The results posted on the site and shown in the online webinar are very good.

Here is the website -
I would be curious to see what traders say about this system, particularly if they have purchased it. Is it worth the money? Did it help your trading?

I purchased the system about 1.5 years ago. I ran it for three months could not find an tradable system from the indicators. I went in a webinar last week looks like they have it more together. still i wont purdhase any more indicators with out a room that can show me how they work with complete transparency. I am learning the 1-2-3 price reading mythod curently.

Thanked by:

Tiberius 
Coos County New Hampshire

Broker: IB
Thanks Given: 2,984
Thanks Received: 3,406

I know Flux Ron personally. Ron is a fine and honest person. Ron has the flux indies down to a science. I could give someone tomorrow's newspaper and they still couldn't make money. The flux is like any other indy, it might be your edge or it might not. The Flux is not the holy grail, because there are none.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 gg80108 
Castle Pines N, CO.

I didn't read any attacks personally or inferred against Ron or Mike.. . So Ron being a" fine guy personally", I just don't see what issue ur comment is addressing....

For me BTF was little weak yrs ago explaining (ie: "inversion", " neutral dots", "hpe times" )just wasn't there 1.5 yrs ago) and just what the flux wasn't(but who would buy it then if it was just another indicator with no sizzle?)

The training is better now because the main theme is using the flux for confirmation of other technical indicators, like u posted.. This was not the case when they were starting out..

All of the vendors I have seen, who run trading rooms were "successful" traders in " someway" before being involved in the current indicator they are selling and really don't need the indicator be successful trading today. Problem with experience/already successful, is that u draw on experience and u don't know it, so is this indicator helping u make a decision or was it that 15 years of experience for 90% of the decision??

Its funny because once in a while vendors ego will get the best of them and say that they don't need any indicators to trade....

Thanked by:

Tiberius 
Coos County New Hampshire

Broker: IB
Thanks Given: 2,984
Thanks Received: 3,406

gg80108 View Post
So Ron being a" fine guy personally", I just don't see what issue ur comment is addressing....

I was just making a comment. I was addressing nothing in particular.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 gg80108 
Castle Pines N, CO.

Here is the stoplight trade I coded.. It seems to trade per specs. Open to anyone who has a license.. All comments and questions, improvements would be appreciated...

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: stoplight.zip

Last Updated on January 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts