NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Is this how we pay for Health Care

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ThatManFromTexas with 9 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two kbit with 7 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 6 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 forrestang with 5 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one ThatManFromTexas with 0.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two forrestang with 0.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 eDanny with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 7,101 views
    2. thumb_up 16 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 32 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Is this how we pay for Health Care

sidney7g
Philadelphia

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 26

All i have to say is - Damn, if that guy got hit by a cock he could've gotten away with 95 million

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

forrestang 
Chicago IL

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, MT4, Matlab
Broker: CQG, AMP, MB, DTN
Trading: E/U, G/U
Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 1,047

ThatManFromTexas View Post
Cancel the mandate...I don't care... I just want to be able to buy the damn stuff and not have it cancelled on me when I need to use it. I don't think that's too much to ask.

I agree with you totally, no problems there.

I should be able to buy the same coverage that we provide for free to convicts. I don't think that is too much to ask.

It's not to much to ask. But like I mentioned with congress's health care, taxpayers are subsidizing that healthcare. I'm simply saying that without that subsidy, whatever it costs is not going to be the same when we are all paying for it.

I do take issue when Insurance companies and Republicans tell me the solution is for me to die as quickly and cheaply as possible. Believe it or not... I am not enthused with their solution.

Hehe, if I ever get my trading right, I will personally drive to Texas and help you place your trades myself in your old age!

But you are playing the role of demigog here. No republican is telling you to die quickly. Name me a republican in congress that is telling you the solution to healthcare is is for you to die quickly?

And actually, if you want to again make this a republican vs. democrat thing again, it was the republicans that were making the big stink about the so-called "End of life" counciling portion of the bill that was removed. Do you not remember that as being a big part of the discourse between repubs and dems?

Do you remember this exchange were Obama tells an older woman who was advised by a doctor that she needed a costly pacemaker, and B.O. tells her that maybe she should just take a pain killer instead b/c it was cheaper: YouTube - ‪Obama to Jane Sturm: Hey, take a pill‬‏

Now the republicans went crazy over this and I think they went overboard. But TMFT, nobody is telling you the solution to your healthcare problems is that you should just die. That is kind of one of those emotional cards.

I hope this discussion is recieved in good spirit. I typically try not to discuss politics outside of my normal channels and I hope I'm not offending anyone?

Thanked by:

Silver Dragon 
Cincinnati Ohio
Legendary Master Data Manipulator

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TastyWorks / NT
Broker: TastyWorks /NT
Trading: FX, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 6,422
Thanks Received: 5,238

Actually the blame goes equally to Obama and the Democrats. There were 2 Republicans who voted for the healthcare bill between the house and senante. The Democrats own this one. They are going to live or die by it.

[COLOR=#0066cc]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/votes/house/healthcare/index.html[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0066cc]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/votes/house/finalhealthcare/[/COLOR]

Big Mike View Post
I don't know anyone who thinks ObamaCare is the right answer. It is better than nothing. However it is a big POS now compared to what was originally proposed during the campaign. Now ask yourself why it's a big POS now, and frankly, again my opinion here --- I place blame about equally split on Obama and on Republicans. A lot of stuff was added in order to get the bill passed, stuff that makes no sense to me but apparently makes sense to the insurance companies bottom line. Imagine that.

Mike

nosce te ipsum

You make your own opportunities in life.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on June 24, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts