NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Bugs T$ading Journal/#'s

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bugsbunny with 849 posts (312 thanks)
    2. looks_two kbit with 273 posts (218 thanks)
    3. looks_3 samhtrader with 54 posts (39 thanks)
    4. looks_4 hector24 with 52 posts (46 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one hector24 with 0.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kbit with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 samhtrader with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bugsbunny with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 186,269 views
    2. thumb_up 855 thanks given
    3. group 38 followers
    1. forum 1,464 posts
    2. attach_file 75 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Bugs T$ading Journal/#'s

Tiberius 
Coos County New Hampshire

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,984
Thanks Received: 3,406

bugsbunny View Post
I could make a few ticks anytime off your chart.. you have it setup perfectly.....
your bars when change color around the #'s give you direction.. visual make it clear for me.. infact dont we depend on visuals in our daily life.. from basic expressions of a smile to traffic lights... everything is a visual confirmation.. anywasy i dont wanna go off topic here.. Ill post your chart with my entries & exits..I hope you dont mind..

Thanks

Bugs

I don't mind you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, labelling the chart. In fact ,,,,,thank you. Great analysis on price action, Bugs.

In fact price keeps dancing with your #s.....................................

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Friday template 1.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	43465  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
44 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 rsmann123 
Cincinnati, OH

Broker: CQG/Ibrokers
Trading: 6E/CL
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

Tiberius, what kind of candles are those? They don't look like my 233 tick, if they are 233 tick, what is the broker that you are using?

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

Tiberius View Post
I don't mind you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, labelling the chart. In fact ,,,,,thank you. Great analysis on price action, Bugs.

In fact price keeps dancing with your #s.....................................

Dancing sounds nice.... Its the trust you guys bestow in me that gets me going.... The mkt will move everyday regardless If I give #'s or dont.. but its nice to know the "handshake & goodbye" areas, thats what i call it..

Together we can make a difference..

Thanks for letting me play around with your chart

Bugs

Tiberius 

rsmann123 View Post
Tiberius, what kind of candles are those? They don't look like my 233 tick, if they are 233 tick, what is the broker that you are using?

@rsmann123

Heiken Ashi candles. They make the MAs and indi plots more reliable................. I use IB, but this is a zen-fire data feed for NT7.

Thanked by:
 alchemist74 
Sofia, Bulgaria

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB,TOS
Trading: Options,ES,6E,ZB,SPX,RUT,CL
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 42

bugsbunny View Post
do you some kind of add in a certain sequence cause I just checked your #'s they all seem in a sequence!!!

I dont know but alchmesit74 I want you to be honest over here... I think i have build some kind of trust over here by being honest with everyone with what i can & cant do.

so please watch what is shared by anyone.. till you build trust in the system...

Thanks

Bugs

Hi, i will try to give all info u want. Excuse my English plz !
So this lines are based on ImpVolatility and last close or today's open. I dont know math as i said, coz i hate math and donth want to learn anything about it, but i have good friend that is very good on math so he develop it for me. Thats why i will ask him before i post here his work(math) .... i hope u understood me correctly.
Now about lines. I am in home now and i have not here anything related to trading so will try to explain as much as i can remember. Basic idea for this lines is to find natural support and resistance areas based on last day close or today open. It use volatility and calculate daily range expected. numbers are are sequence but are fixed only for current day. Depending of volatility distance between lines may and will vary. For example today distance is 2,50 TF points but tomorrow can be 2 ,00 or 3,00 TF points.
I use fixed % step as excel input but u can use fibo numbers as inputs to calculate the lines. U will see this when / if my friend agree to post his work here.
But with or withot permission i can post nubers everyday here as i promised for all products u want.
If u have more questions, just ask
Best Regards,
Alchemist

P.S. too many mistakes i find in my post, sorry but my writhing English is not good enough

Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

bugsbunny View Post
if TF 825.5 sells it will go down (crucial to decide mkt direction)or we could also go sideways in this range of 820.5 & 825.5 both need to break to decide proper direction

If 825.5 gets bought we will see the upside #'s

Directionless day today... good i cashed in that early move.. I will wait another half hour to see what happens....

GoodLuck to everyone

Happy Trading

Bugs

Tiberius 

but on my chart......................when price approaches a bug's #, the color of the cloud on the indi with the MA crossover plus the SVEBB MA at the std deviation H/L zones; provides clues on how price will probably react to these numbers.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Friday template 4.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	43471  
Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

alchemist74 View Post
Hi, i will try to give all info u want. Excuse my English plz !
So this lines are based on ImpVolatility and last close or today's open. I dont know math as i said, coz i hate math and donth want to learn anything about it, but i have good friend that is very good on math so he develop it for me. Thats why i will ask him before i post here his work(math) .... i hope u understood me correctly.
Now about lines. I am in home now and i have not here anything related to trading so will try to explain as much as i can remember. Basic idea for this lines is to find natural support and resistance areas based on last day close or today open. It use volatility and calculate daily range expected. numbers are are sequence but are fixed only for current day. Depending of volatility distance between lines may and will vary. For example today distance is 2,50 TF points but tomorrow can be 2 ,00 or 3,00 TF points.
I use fixed % step as excel input but u can use fibo numbers as inputs to calculate the lines. U will see this when / if my friend agree to post his work here.
But with or withot permission i can post nubers everyday here as i promised for all products u want.
If u have more questions, just ask
Best Regards,
Alchemist

P.S. too many mistakes i find in my post, sorry but my writhing English is not good enough

Thanks for explaining everything as much as possible.. before I used to trade the way you are trying to expain it can be successful @ times cause as i said this before NO ONE NEEDS A MAGIC INDICATOR TO EXPLOIT THE MKT.. I said that so many times in my previous posts.... Every single mkt moves with a hidden move & yes you are right its all range bound... back in the day I used an Indicator made by cory or fattails I even forget the name of the indicator... you could input uk open time & some other mkts close time to determine the Initial range.. but the only problem with this is that say if TF has a 2.5 move today.. & you could be expecting to short that 2.5 move but say it moves another 2.5 to the up then you have a losing trade.. I dont say u lose everyday but its pretty good to know the hidden moves.... as i said before you dont need an indicator to determine this.. I will try to explain it to you in the simplest way.. say the mkt has made a top @ 5:00am EST 830.2 & comes down all the way to 825.3 & moves back up to 827.9 before making a small retrace & shoots back up to 832.6 so the hidden move is 2.5 points or 25 ticks once the hidden moves are determined only then youll feel safe to countertrade the trend & be successful... but you have to be very carefull some times the move is @ 4 points & you could get killed if it moves 8 points against you & it does happen.. but I think most of the ppl already know this stuff if they didnt then they should look @ their chart.. Ive always stressed this in my posts.. LOOK @ YOUR CHARTS IT HAS A STORY TO TELL....

WELL thanks again for sharing the stuff.. it will help a lot of ppl..

Bugs

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

Tiberius View Post
but on my chart......................when price approaches a bug's #, the color of the cloud on the indi with the MA crossover plus the SVEBB MA at the std deviation H/L zones; provides clues on how price will probably react to these numbers.

Sounds very interesting...I would like to see how your indicators behave on a normal day. Let us know after a week or so if your discovery is reliable/tradable.

Thanked by:

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

bugsbunny View Post
Directionless day today... good i cashed in that early move.. I will wait another half hour to see what happens....

GoodLuck to everyone

Happy Trading

Bugs

It's about as choppy as you get....I got whacked earlier but managed to come back on this last drop

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on September 23, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts