NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Bugs T$ading Journal/#'s

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bugsbunny with 849 posts (312 thanks)
    2. looks_two kbit with 273 posts (218 thanks)
    3. looks_3 samhtrader with 54 posts (39 thanks)
    4. looks_4 hector24 with 52 posts (46 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one hector24 with 0.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kbit with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 samhtrader with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bugsbunny with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 186,138 views
    2. thumb_up 855 thanks given
    3. group 38 followers
    1. forum 1,464 posts
    2. attach_file 75 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Bugs T$ading Journal/#'s

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

>
this is one of the ES trades...pardon the mess on it as I'm always playing around but at the up arrow 1156 was a juncture of an ascending trend line and a decending trend line as well as an area of horizontal s/r. I identified the area well before it was hit and actually jumped in front of it, a bullish engulfing bar appeared and was off to the races..until at red arrow bearish engulfing bar showed up and it was cut and run for me. I would have reentered at a lower number but it didn't retrace ennough for me. simple stuff

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

>
this is the TF, the arrows show entry/exits. I did not get the first one...missed it but did get the second which was one of Bugs areas...I also got the last one...anyway the point is it's simple stuff....pinbars, double high lower close, engulfing bars...The trick to it is screen time and knowing areas of s/r. The more confluence of things the better the probability. as an example refer to the ES chart I posted before this. I can also tell you that as long as you got the right location you shouldn't lose. Ther are some other points/nuances maybe you guys know about that apply but really is pretty simple. As a side note on the bottom I have a cumulative delta thing(the data on this one disappeared for some reason) which I am discovering tells me when the market is ripe for the picking, still learning some about it but am very encouraged so far
One last note..I also use a 2000 tick chart, there was some stuff on that to...I have been using both to kind of verify things.
If anyone is interested in exact entry methods or exits let me know and I can explain

Thanked by:

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

I was kind of thinking about the charts I posted and thought it would be important to mention that those tick numbers that I use for the TF and ES don't automatically work on everything else. Without knowing the amount of experience the people who view this stuff have I felt obligated to mention that. I have also used a 2000 tick on EMD, YM, and NQ but they have to be read differently. obviously you could use any number you like, it's that you have to get it where you can understand what's going on consistantly. If say you try a 233 tick and you see garbage at the swing points...it's no good. You want to get a number that gives you pinbars or something similar at the swing points . I have found that 2875 works ok on ES but 3675 weeds out some of the "traps" and garbage. 2000 works well on the TF as well as 1597(thanks Bugs). The YM is loaded with traps with a 2000 tick as is the NQ but I do use that and it's ok because I have learned to only take certain setups on those which I have not revealed here...secret weapon..ha ha ha

Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

This is how my chart looked like.....

Bugs

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08-26-2011_TF.png
Views:	294
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	47540  

Tiberius 
Coos County New Hampshire

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,984
Thanks Received: 3,406

bugsbunny View Post
This is how my chart looked like.....

Bugs

Nice chart, Bugs....................simple is better.............. thanks

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

another simple chart with just trend added to it..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08-26-2011_TF2.png
Views:	182
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	47559  
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

Forget taking a trade.. I didnt even look at a chart today....... slept around 3am & couldnt get out of the bed after that....now some how pushed my self to get up... couldnt sleep & couldnt move from extreme pain...
I missed a lot of up action today... will try to get fit by tonite cant miss too many days of action...

Ive noticed its getting tougher & tougher each day.... & im pushing till surgery....

God Bless

Bugs

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

bugsbunny View Post
Forget taking a trade.. I didnt even look at a chart today....... slept around 3am & couldnt get out of the bed after that....now some how pushed my self to get up... couldnt sleep & couldnt move from extreme pain...
I missed a lot of up action today... will try to get fit by tonite cant miss too many days of action...

Ive noticed its getting tougher & tougher each day.... & im pushing till surgery....

God Bless

Bugs

Sorry your not feeling well Bugs...hope your well enough to be back in action tomorrow

Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

kbit View Post
Sorry your not feeling well Bugs...hope your well enough to be back in action tomorrow

If im not gonna be around tomorrow... Ill try my best to skype you guys the stuff.... Most likely i wont be around but will try to deliver in the morning.... I hardly can move right now only God knows what im going through....I Hope for the best just took another percocet for the nite.. see if it works....

God Bless

Bugs

hector24 
austin, texas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Trading: currency futures
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 234

Bugs I hope you get better.

Hector

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on September 23, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts