NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Bugs T$ading Journal/#'s

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bugsbunny with 849 posts (312 thanks)
    2. looks_two kbit with 273 posts (218 thanks)
    3. looks_3 samhtrader with 54 posts (39 thanks)
    4. looks_4 hector24 with 52 posts (46 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one hector24 with 0.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kbit with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 samhtrader with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bugsbunny with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 186,138 views
    2. thumb_up 855 thanks given
    3. group 38 followers
    1. forum 1,464 posts
    2. attach_file 75 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Bugs T$ading Journal/#'s

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

kbit View Post
Just thought I would post an observation....Have you noticed that for instance in a uptrend if price goes 10 ticks past your #s it is likely to keep going and when less than 10 (often it is 9 ticks) it is likely to go back and test the previous number. I guess I'm mentioning it because we are in that situation right now....Any comments Bugs

I didnt get a chance to look @ it carefully... but my explanation would be that considering these #'s are important in our daily trading.. the handshake & goodbye points sometimes get over run till the time brakes are applied.. & yes its possible what you are observing could be right.. why dont we study some charts with historical data & see if thats the case.... for me i see my lines(#'s) & jump in with the trend.. sometimes countertrade the trend depending on the way the mkt is appraching the #'s...... never looked beyond that.. but it could be best if we further exploit these points.. for me I give you the exact # that gets generated from the indicator..

Let me know if you further investigated anything that would benefit everyone..

thanks

Bugs

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
samhtrader
Los Angeles, USA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 39

kbit View Post
Yeah keep an eye on it...it's probably not chiseled in stone but just something I picked up on...I was wondering if it was something that bugs may have noticed as well.

When you say 10 tics I am assuming for example if it brakes 807.00 where the line is and it goes to 808.00 (that's 10 tics) then it will continue.

Thanked by:

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

bugsbunny View Post
I didnt get a chance to look @ it carefully... but my explanation would be that considering these #'s are important in our daily trading.. the handshake & goodbye points sometimes get over run till the time brakes are applied.. & yes its possible what you are observing could be right.. why dont we study some charts with historical data & see if thats the case.... for me i see my lines(#'s) & jump in with the trend.. sometimes countertrade the trend depending on the way the mkt is appraching the #'s...... never looked beyond that.. but it could be best if we further exploit these points.. for me I give you the exact # that gets generated from the indicator..

Let me know if you further investigated anything that would benefit everyone..

thanks

Bugs

I'll be watching more in real time and let you know, I think Samhtrader will keep an eye on it too, seems like he knows the value of your numbers and is looking for all the variables that might come into play as well

Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

I dont like to brag about what I do.. but I feel honored when you guys appreciate my doing.....

I was reading futures.io (formerly BMT)'s chat box & someone was saying that ES 1309.75 is the tgt.. but I had a different tgt alltogether 1311.... I ask everyone why not come here & check out once to see what the real tgts are.... it would benefit all with a few more ticks..... Im not saying im 100% accurate but I know im close to that....
I just dont like to baby feed a trade & direct you to take one.. everyone is smart here & takes their trades based on their methodology.. I only show them the right exit if they are interested.... I offer all these services for free... sometimes im not around like others too.. we all are humans & have daily chores to do... but when im around I wanna make sure everyone is making $$$$$$$...

We together can beat the bank daily.... if we use these #'s smartly.....

I always appreciate your input & feedback.. like @samhtrader,@kbit,@hector24,@uzzo,@zxxaxz,@Tiberius.. & a lot lot more give positive feedback that helps everyone else around.. I encourage everyone to share a successful methodology around these #'s that could benefit the beginners that are afraid to pull the trigger......

Just trying to share my thoughts...

Thanks

Bugs

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

samhtrader View Post
When you say 10 tics I am assuming for example if it brakes 807.00 where the line is and it goes to 808.00 (that's 10 tics) then it will continue.

Yeah, but it doesn't mean it will blow right through it, it means that it would get to the next number before going through the lower number...In other words it still could retrace to the previous number but would bounce off it and go to the higher number...since we are looking at this situation in real time, I'm saying that if 808.5 got hit it would go to 810.5 pretty much for sure...since it stopped 1 tick short it may still happen but is more likely to come back to 807.5 or 804.5 ......As i'm typing it hit 808.6 so I'm saying that it should hit 810.5 before it goes back to 804.5...I think I even confused my self on this already but just watch in real time and see If theres anything to this .

Edit: WORST case if it goes below 803.5 (which is 10 ticks below the previous number) the long is stopped out. That being said this observation tells me that 804.5 should hold and it will at some point work it's way to 810.5.

Edit 2:Being that it did not hit 808.5 initially we were likely to get a pullback of some kind....I can give a better explanation later as I gather more real time info...I'm not real good at explaning this stuff without confusing everyone including myself..ha ha

Thanked by:
samhtrader
Los Angeles, USA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 39

kbit View Post
Yeah, but it doesn't mean it will blow right through it, it means that it would get to the next number before going through the lower number...In other words it still could retrace to the previous number but would bounce off it and go to the higher number...since we are looking at this situation in real time, I'm saying that if 808.5 got hit it would go to 810.5 pretty much for sure...since it stopped 1 tick short it may still happen but is more likely to come back to 807.5 or 804.5 ......As i'm typing it hit 808.6 so I'm saying that it should hit 810.5 before it goes back to 804.5...I think I even confused my self on this already but just watch in real time and see If theres anything to this .

I think I understand what you mean. So in this case it dropped below 807.5 but there is a chance for a rebound to 810 if it bounces back.

Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

since i cant share more than what i already do.. I just had a suggestion for the novice trader......

first of all start off with an indicator called constantzones I think @ redratsal posted one earlier... then probably use tssupertrend or hi lo activator to get entries around these #'s & exit to the next #....

what do you guys have to say about this.. any input regarding this stuff...

Thanks

Bugs

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

if TF 807.5 gets sold we will see 804.5--- but if it gets bought we will possibly see 810.5 which i wanna counter
if ES 1307 gets bought we could visit 1311 again.. if 1311 breaks we could see 1314.50....
CL & 6E are DEAD for NOW

redratsal 
Milan (I)

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: FDAX,6E,CL,YM,NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 1,215
Thanks Received: 2,090

bugsbunny View Post
since i cant share more than what i already do.. I just had a suggestion for the novice trader......

first of all start off with an indicator called constantzones I think @ redratsal posted one earlier... then probably use tssupertrend or hi lo activator to get entries around these #'s & exit to the next #....

what do you guys have to say about this.. any input regarding this stuff...

Thanks

Bugs

It's levelscharnotes you'll find the latest version here last post :

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

samhtrader View Post
I think I understand what you mean. So in this case it dropped below 807.5 but there is a chance for a rebound to 810 if it bounces back.

No, 807.5 is the number that did not get passed up by 10 ticks, so the lower number is 804.5
Being that 808.5 now got hit 804.5 should hold and 810.5 will get hit...finding the entry is up to you...if you could get in at 804.5 it would be ideal..your stop would be at 803.5 regardless on this deal

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on September 23, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts