NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Bugs T$ading Journal/#'s

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bugsbunny with 849 posts (312 thanks)
    2. looks_two kbit with 273 posts (218 thanks)
    3. looks_3 samhtrader with 54 posts (39 thanks)
    4. looks_4 hector24 with 52 posts (46 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one hector24 with 0.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kbit with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 samhtrader with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bugsbunny with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 186,740 views
    2. thumb_up 855 thanks given
    3. group 38 followers
    1. forum 1,464 posts
    2. attach_file 75 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Bugs T$ading Journal/#'s

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

samhtrader View Post
What do you look for in that and what is 1597 tics compared in time?

I use range charts so I would pretty much compare it with a 11 range TF.....

1597 ticks to catch a bigger trend direction.. its on my charts.

5range 8range 11range 13range. 1min 144ticks,1597ticks TF ONLY for me...

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

TF: If 776 breaks there could be a free fall till 771 (1:50pm EST)

it was a free fall but a bit late.... 776 to 771

bugs

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

gotta go now...

I will try to find an indicator by fat tails or cory to determine the range to find the hidden moves...

thanks

Bugs

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

samhtrader View Post
What do you look for in that and what is 1597 tics compared in time?

The time equivalent might be around 10 mins....depends on how fast or slow the market is. I have used a 2000 tick chart for quite a while and it serves me well. I also use 1597 now after hearing about it from Bugs and found it of equal value. I look for simple p/a and so forth. Pinbars and engulfing bars and spinning tops are my best friends. After a while you learn to discern which ones to trade and which ones to avoid(traps)...Location is KEY
Notice the pinbar at swing low followed by a "confirming" up candle that exceeds the high of the pin by at least 3 ticks...enter on next candle at 2 ticks above the high of the pin. I knew it would hit at least the high of the candle preceeding the pin from experience (776.1). The next pin that shows up tells you that the up move might be over and in this case since it was a down day and it was confirmed by another down candle it should retest the bottom. Notice however no entry was given on that pin. That tells me that it will likely experience some drawdown on a eventual entry. anyway if you want to know more let me know....I don't want to write a book here.
>

By the way don't apply these tick numbers universally to other instruments....the others like different numbers in my experince

Thanked by:
 hector24 
austin, texas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Trading: currency futures
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 234

Intering Kbit. That would be nice if you could educate us more on your method.

Thanks
Hector

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

hector24 View Post
Intering Kbit. That would be nice if you could educate us more on your method.

Thanks
Hector

I'd be glad to...it's simple and it works

samhtrader
Los Angeles, USA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 39

kbit View Post
I'd be glad to...it's simple and it works

That would be great Kbit, it never hurts to learn more ways to see the market. Thanks.

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

kbit View Post
The time equivalent might be around 10 mins....depends on how fast or slow the market is. I have used a 2000 tick chart for quite a while and it serves me well. I also use 1597 now after hearing about it from Bugs and found it of equal value. I look for simple p/a and so forth. Pinbars and engulfing bars and spinning tops are my best friends. After a while you learn to discern which ones to trade and which ones to avoid(traps)...Location is KEY
Notice the pinbar at swing low followed by a "confirming" up candle that exceeds the high of the pin by at least 3 ticks...enter on next candle at 2 ticks above the high of the pin. I knew it would hit at least the high of the candle preceeding the pin from experience (776.1). The next pin that shows up tells you that the up move might be over and in this case since it was a down day and it was confirmed by another down candle it should retest the bottom. Notice however no entry was given on that pin. That tells me that it will likely experience some drawdown on a eventual entry. anyway if you want to know more let me know....I don't want to write a book here.
>

Attachment 45311

By the way don't apply these tick numbers universally to other instruments....the others like different numbers in my experince

Thanks for sharing the info @kbit.... I like those arrows on your chart... I never knew you were using tradestation.. well good to know.... do you know thats the first time ive seen your chart. I always thought you were secretive like me.... LOL.....

Keep up the good work.... I encourage everyone to share a bit of their knowledge here.. in the end everyone will be a winner... I will start by giving out a key technique to determine mkt hidden moves.... Im working on that wiil surprise tomorrow after dropping off my wife's cousins to the airportl... they are headin back to Germany...

Again Good Luck to Everyone...

Happy Trading..

Bugs

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

bugsbunny View Post
Thanks for sharing the info @ kbit.... I like those arrows on your chart... I never knew you were using tradestation.. well good to know.... do you know thats the first time ive seen your chart. I always thought you were secretive like me.... LOL.....

Keep up the good work.... I encourage everyone to share a bit of their knowledge here.. in the end everyone will be a winner... I will start by giving out a key technique to determine mkt hidden moves.... Im working on that wiil surprise tomorrow after dropping off my wife's cousins to the airportl... they are headin back to Germany...

Again Good Luck to Everyone...

Happy Trading..

Bugs

As you know, a lot of times when you post something(as you did in the chat box originaly) you open yourself to getting attacked and criticised and as a result I 've generally kept quiet about things. Seems like it's safe to share a few things around here.
What I showed there was pretty basic stuff everyone (should)knows, It's the conditions that must be met that are important in determining which trades to take.

Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

TF: to go up 769.5 should break & hold in order to see 774------778,,,,,782

TF to go down 761 should break to see 756-----752--------748,,,

today it looks like its range bound...... keep an eye on 769.5 & 761

Closed Thread

Last Updated on September 23, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts