NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Bugs T$ading Journal/#'s

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bugsbunny with 849 posts (312 thanks)
    2. looks_two kbit with 273 posts (218 thanks)
    3. looks_3 samhtrader with 54 posts (39 thanks)
    4. looks_4 hector24 with 52 posts (46 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one hector24 with 0.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kbit with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 samhtrader with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bugsbunny with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 186,138 views
    2. thumb_up 855 thanks given
    3. group 38 followers
    1. forum 1,464 posts
    2. attach_file 75 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Bugs T$ading Journal/#'s

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

TheWizard View Post
TIberius,

Good call ! anaDoubleStochastics (200, 75) seems to be a fairly good fit. May have to play around with the settings some more.

Thanks for doing the research for me... now that you guys have found an indicator close to it.. The best i can do now is resemble it for a few days to see how close it gets.. & share the settings...

Thanks Again....

Bugs

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

okay now has anyone heard of an adaptive Macd indicator?????

Just wanna know if anyone has or used it...

Bugs

Tiberius 
Coos County New Hampshire

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,984
Thanks Received: 3,406

bugsbunny View Post
@ Tiberius what is the blue line can you update me with it...

Thanks

Bugs

like the anaDoubleStoch .... maybe not as smooth, an indie created by Buffy ..... not sure who she is ..... got indie from Ninja support

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

>
For those who asked, here is a 1597 tick chart...with two fairly easy trades highlighted. the first is a pinbar (short) off one of Bugs' numbers and the second is another pinbar(long) off another Bugs number. the second is not quite as clean..was off a retest of his number( that particular one looked better on a 2000 tick chart).
I usually wait for the next candle to finish as a candle the same direction as the pin then enter 2 ticks above the pin for long or 2 ticks below for short. Ideally you ride these out until you get some p/a that tells you to get out...if you have Bugs numbers you can look to get out at one of his levels instead if you want to play it safe. I forgot to mention the areas these took place...first was a swing high..(no garbage off to the left) and the second had some traffic but being that the level was beaten up and held it would have been safe enough.

P.S. there was more trades off of Bugs numbers and something else but for p/a only setups these were pretty decent.
For the record I missed these trades for various reasons but did get a decent one off the low prior to these.
I'd also like to add there are some other situations that require slighly different tactics (traps, alternate entry methods...)....when we get a day that I see something like that I will post it

Thanked by:

TheWizard 
Houston, TX
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Optimus Futures, AMP, CQG
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 517
Thanks Received: 4,224

bugsbunny View Post
another simple chart with just trend added to it..

Bugs,

Can you do us one more favor. I know you can't share your trend indicator, but if you could post a chart of the 6E for 5 days (Mon - Fri) with the trend indicator on it, I might be able to match it using something else. Maybe anaDoubleStochastics, but I need more information than is contained in one trading day.

Thanks.

After all, it's what you learn AFTER you know it all, that counts!
Thanked by:

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Market Wizard

Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,988

bugsbunny View Post
okay now has anyone heard of an adaptive Macd indicator?????

Just wanna know if anyone has or used it...

Bugs

Have not seen one. But I can't imagine it is difficult to replace the main EMA in the MACD code with a variable EMA, as you mentioned.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

Ive said this before & saying this again... If you are a daytrader & close your position everyday.. or a day scalper.... always try to load your chart for 5 days only.... loading just 5 days makes a difference.
Hera is a 5 day on 6E but when i go 10 days it changes the way it looks not that it repaints but it takes in account 10 days to do its calculation & loses its edge.. all my charts I load are for 5 days only... cause that is all what i need for my indicators...

Thanks

Bugs

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5day_6e.png
Views:	312
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	47911  
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

kbit View Post
Attachment 47905
>
For those who asked, here is a 1597 tick chart...with two fairly easy trades highlighted. the first is a pinbar (short) off one of Bugs' numbers and the second is another pinbar(long) off another Bugs number. the second is not quite as clean..was off a retest of his number( that particular one looked better on a 2000 tick chart).
I usually wait for the next candle to finish as a candle the same direction as the pin then enter 2 ticks above the pin for long or 2 ticks below for short. Ideally you ride these out until you get some p/a that tells you to get out...if you have Bugs numbers you can look to get out at one of his levels instead if you want to play it safe. I forgot to mention the areas these took place...first was a swing high..(no garbage off to the left) and the second had some traffic but being that the level was beaten up and held it would have been safe enough.

P.S. there was more trades off of Bugs numbers and something else but for p/a only setups these were pretty decent.
For the record I missed these trades for various reasons but did get a decent one off the low prior to these.
I'd also like to add there are some other situations that require slighly different tactics (traps, alternate entry methods...)....when we get a day that I see something like that I will post it

@kbit thanks for sharing your chart & trades.... by the way what do you have in the bottom of the screen.... just curious to know what its called....

Do you guys know I dont use more than 4 indicators on one screen but I love to collect indictors... useful or useless doesnt matter.. I try to get every single indicator out there... older versions newer versions.. I just like to collect.... even if there is one indicator with different settings I still get it.... I remember the tssupertrend indicator for ninja.. boy there are so many out there & I think i have every single one of em.. that tells you I am an indicator hoarder....LOL

Bugs

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

Tiberius View Post
like the anaDoubleStoch .... maybe not as smooth, an indie created by Buffy ..... not sure who she is ..... got indie from Ninja support

@Tiberius just a personal question... feel free to reject... you dont have to answer.....

What kind of & how many indicators you personally use....
I know alot of people say I just trade without any indicators & my eyes are my indicators... but I always say we should never ever just solely depend on our eyes.... cause when it comes to eyes our hands are faster then our eyes.. so eyes can pickup deceiving signals..... I know you already have your own journal & have to update stuff there.. but I want a trader of your caliber drop a few lines here too.. as my journal can be a mix of the best....

Thanks

bugs

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

bugsbunny View Post
@ kbit thanks for sharing your chart & trades.... by the way what do you have in the bottom of the screen.... just curious to know what its called....

Do you guys know I dont use more than 4 indicators on one screen but I love to collect indictors... useful or useless doesnt matter.. I try to get every single indicator out there... older versions newer versions.. I just like to collect.... even if there is one indicator with different settings I still get it.... I remember the tssupertrend indicator for ninja.. boy there are so many out there & I think i have every single one of em.. that tells you I am an indicator hoarder....LOL

Bugs

That's the delta thing

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on September 23, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts