NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Bugs T$ading Journal/#'s

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bugsbunny with 849 posts (312 thanks)
    2. looks_two kbit with 273 posts (218 thanks)
    3. looks_3 samhtrader with 54 posts (39 thanks)
    4. looks_4 hector24 with 52 posts (46 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one hector24 with 0.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kbit with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 samhtrader with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bugsbunny with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 186,138 views
    2. thumb_up 855 thanks given
    3. group 38 followers
    1. forum 1,464 posts
    2. attach_file 75 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Bugs T$ading Journal/#'s

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

kbit View Post
That's the delta thing

Thanks @kbit but how can you tell if buyers or sellers are coming in.. or you just look for divergence in the delta... I personally have a couple of Fulcrum's videos explaining the delta but I dont have or use it.... Videos not from futures.io (formerly BMT) not the webinar some of his previous work I think... one day when im feeling better I will try to understand his method...

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

bugsbunny View Post
Thanks @ kbit but how can you tell if buyers or sellers are coming in.. or you just look for divergence in the delta... I personally have a couple of Fulcrum's videos explaining the delta but I dont have or use it.... Videos not from nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) not the webinar some of his previous work I think... one day when im feeling better I will try to understand his method...

As you can see they are candlesticks and you get different colors for up and down candles, in addition on the right sde of the chart it shows a number if it goes up they are buying,.etc...at this point I like to wait for divergence plays but I have noticed that often times at the end of a run I will see selling coming in while it's still rising and I know that the end is likely at that area...usually the next candle. I am also noticing when I get a pinbar on the delta it seems to be the end.
Like I say though I'm no expert yet and I don't know how accurate this is on Tradestation(not very from what I understand) but I am having sucess with it so far.
There is some other things to look at like where the delta is in relation to price at swing points and so on but I'm not heavily focused on that yet...

Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

I just wanted to share my daily trading style.... I dont want you guys to follow every single step of mine.. cause I know you guys are way better traders compared to me..

1. I wake up in the morning without any pressure on my head.

2. I take trading as easy as possible..

3. Once my #'s are determined I look @ the mkt where it stands currently...

4. If the mkt is too close to my #'s I kinda avoid counter trading @ that point... (aggressive entry)

5. I look @ the DOW, NASDAQ, S & P. around 9:30ish.

6. Avoid Entering @ 9:30.. I always wait for mkt to pass 10:10 safely..

7. I love to countertrade my #'s.. It comes with experience what to counter or what with trend.

8. Enter mkts like you are going to drain them.. If you enter with fear yove lost already...

9. Lock your profits once the mkt has passed 8 ticks (TF) I usually do BE or +1...

10. Thourghout the day stay relaxed.. have a 3 point stop Loss & you will never go bankrupt in one day..

11. Never add to a losing position.. (It might be fruitful a few times but when it decides to shoot up/down... you willl lose big..

12. The mkts are here to give us money everyday... just be at the right spot @ the right time.. All mkts move in a calculated fashion.. try not to enter in mid air... know your entry points.. I always have predetermined entries & exits.. way before the mkt approaches..

13. I never ever enter the mkt besides my #'s it might be a few ticks here & there but I always respect the #'s.

14. Make your money.... switch your monitor off...

15. Enjoy the profit you just made by appreciating the way you traded... talk to yourself it helps....

16. Go back later & open your chart to check where the mkt is & how good your entry was... watch charts everyday regardless if you trade or dont....

17. Give time to your family after all we do this for them....

18. If you have made $$$ in the month.. dont forget to withdraw from your account.. Ive noticed if you dont make a withdrawl from your trading account.. you wont respect it.. it will always be a game not business...

19. Stay healthy & be thankful to God for what He has given us..... (Health..Family etc) Might have all the money in the world but not healthy everything is useless..

20. Good Luck..

21. Follow Steps 1 to 20 every trading day.....

Thank you

Bugs

Tiberius 
Coos County New Hampshire

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,984
Thanks Received: 3,406

bugsbunny View Post
@Tiberius just a personal question... feel free to reject... you dont have to answer.....

What kind of & how many indicators you personally use....
I know alot of people say I just trade without any indicators & my eyes are my indicators... but I always say we should never ever just solely depend on our eyes.... cause when it comes to eyes our hands are faster then our eyes.. so eyes can pickup deceiving signals..... I know you already have your own journal & have to update stuff there.. but I want a trader of your caliber drop a few lines here too.. as my journal can be a mix of the best....

Thanks

bugs

Hey Bugs, this is my chart, that's looks good with your #s. Just two MAs and a double stoch and the buyer/seller gauge. One MA paints the bars and background. I have other variant charts, but simple is better.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tuesday 01.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	47913   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tuesday 02.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	47914  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

Tiberius View Post
Hey Bugs, this is my chart, that's looks good with your #s. Just two MAs and a double stoch and the buyer/seller gauge. One MA paints the bars and background. I have other variant charts, but simple is better.

@ Tiberius thanks for sharing your chart with us.. I know you are a busy guy & always have something to do(trade).. Ive said this before & I will say this again, your charts are setup for everyone to make money anyday any given time... I would appreciate if you shared a template for everyone... I know you have alot in your journal but i want this to be a one stop for everything journal.. I already appreciate your time & efforts.. whenever you have the time please share a template here... I would want all traders to benefit from your experience..

Thanks Again (yup I agree simple is better..)

Bugs

Tiberius 
Coos County New Hampshire

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,984
Thanks Received: 3,406

bugsbunny View Post
@ Tiberius thanks for sharing your chart with us.. I know you are a busy guy & always have something to do(trade).. Ive said this before & I will say this again, your charts are setup for everyone to make money anyday any given time... I would appreciate if you shared a template for everyone... I know you have alot in your journal but i want this to be a one stop for everything journal.. I already appreciate your time & efforts.. whenever you have the time please share a template here... I would want all traders to benefit from your experience..

Thanks Again (yup I agree simple is better..)

Bugs

here it is..................

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: CobraSimpleTrend6E.xml
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 hector24 
austin, texas

Platform: ninja trader
Trading: currency futures
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 234

Great chart Tiberius.

Thanks
Hector

Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

achieve your goals and ambitions using as 13-step Powerful Proven strategy.

develop a meaningful purpose in life that you're genuinely excited about.

think like someone who has already achieved wealth and success.

reach your goals and fulfill your highest potential

live happily by using the power of your mind.

harness the awesome mental magic of your mind and transform your dreams into reality.

gain confidence in everything you do at work or home.

eliminate any fear that may be holding you back.

stimulate your mind to create and attract success to you.

access “Infinite Intelligence” to help you make better decisions.

realize that there are no limitations to what you can accomplish.

develop laser sharp focus and attention.

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Thanked by:

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Just thought I might share one more.
the first blue arrow is after the low was just taken out and was a significant area...from a technical stand point on that I wouldn't have got an entry because it didn't come back to within 2 ticks of the top of the pin bar but,that in itself tells me that it is likely to revisit the area. It did come back and gave anther pin on a retest. The best part of the second beyond telling you you have the wind at your back is that it clues you in to the fact that it will exceed the previous high. Often times you get to a first target and it comes back and then goes beyond for a second target or more. If anyone has further interest or wants explanation of the chart I posted earlier let me know...that one is a little more advanced

Edit: I forgot to mention when you get a second pin like that on a retest jump on it even if it's not 2 ticks from the high of the pin...at that point it usually blasts out of there and you don't want to miss it

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on September 23, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts