NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Bugs T$ading Journal/#'s

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bugsbunny with 849 posts (312 thanks)
    2. looks_two kbit with 273 posts (218 thanks)
    3. looks_3 samhtrader with 54 posts (39 thanks)
    4. looks_4 hector24 with 52 posts (46 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one hector24 with 0.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kbit with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 samhtrader with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bugsbunny with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 186,269 views
    2. thumb_up 855 thanks given
    3. group 38 followers
    1. forum 1,464 posts
    2. attach_file 75 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Bugs T$ading Journal/#'s

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

GridKing View Post
just started following your thread and new here, I have been doing some research and reading on HFT and seems like they have an increased presence in crude futures and Nat Gas aside from forex etc... I haven't traded CL but just what I picked up from some reading .... Thanks for sharing

Thanks for your quick & informative reply... so all the high frequency trading is creating all this but why not with other mkts.... why crude & natural gas..... I dont wanna go too deep in this I really appreciate your reply it kinda clears out the cloud I had in my mind....

By the way my CL #'s are just doing well again like everyday...
I hope everyone saw green today....

Thanks Grid king for answering my question...

Bugs

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

bugsbunny View Post
cool stuff kbit..I like my eyeballs too but sometimes things are faster than the eye... My eyes & brain have to be on the same side....LOL....... I like visuals cause im doing & watching so many charts..... I have to go back & forth between them so visuals are my way to go... though most the successful & big traders dont use any indicators... they just use bar by bar visuals.....

anyways good to know you dont depend on any trend indicators... but sometimes i think i get the edge when i see a good trend indicator.. its makes my entry & exits more precise..

thanks

bugs

Yeah, it comes down to whatever makes you money....At one time or another I've experimented with various things and in the end they only really served to confuse me..call me simple

Thanked by:
 mailonline38 
Sanjose, CA

Experience: Beginner
Trading: TF, YM
Thanks Given: 73
Thanks Received: 15

bugsbunny View Post
I just found the time to get an indicatorless chart for you to see when i said IF 802.5 keeps selling we could see some downtrend... but it didnt sell again & got bought & things changed we saw some uptrend.

I hope that answers your question...

Thanks

Bugs

Thanks for your chart and reply.

Sorry to ask a short question due to reading the whole thread I did not see you mention about what is the timeframe you are using for TF and others?

Best regards,

Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

kbit View Post
Yeah, it comes down to whatever makes you money....At one time or another I've experimented with various things and in the end they only really served to confuse me..call me simple

kbit i would have to admit with you... simple is the best way.. too many things just confuse you... plus it all comes down to what one is comfortable with... I see you have winning capabilities in you.. just simplicity & consistency are the two words that go with your trading style.. keep up the profitable work... No one ever gets sick of too much $$$$... I personally believe whatever pays the bills & helps me save for my kids should be enough through trading.....
Just have to be consistent/focused everyday... $$$$$ will come itself.....

I know you did well today... but please dont feel you have to post back if you dont have the time... take your time dont feel like fine.. but communication is the key... i just dont wanna get the feeling im posting #'s to an empty journal... I think everyone would feel the same way..

GoodLuck

Bugs

GridKing 
San Diego, CA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 584
Thanks Received: 881

bugsbunny View Post
Thanks for your quick & informative reply... so all the high frequency trading is creating all this but why not with other mkts.... why crude & natural gas..... I dont wanna go too deep in this I really appreciate your reply it kinda clears out the cloud I had in my mind....

By the way my CL #'s are just doing well again like everyday...
I hope everyone saw green today....

Thanks Grid king for answering my question...

Bugs

my guess is three reasons, 1 it's more profitable , 2 maybe more amateurs have entered those markets and it's more profitable (easier to move?), 3 it's more profitable

Grid

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

GridKing View Post
my guess is three reasons, 1 it's more profitable , 2 maybe more amateurs have entered those markets and it's more profitable (easier to move?), 3 it's more profitable

Grid

so CL is fot the quick buck IN & OUT..

wonder why im seeing mostly all mkts respect my levels & are not off by much.. but CL seems to be so rapid till breaks or accleration is applied my #'s get a run up/down..

Maybe I should watch CL a bit more before i decide to trade it... I like quick profits from the CL but I need to know & understand it before trading it... Advisory for all reading please use caution using another mkt than you usually trade.. some ppl start trading certain mkts just by reading threads or comments all over the net & risk their precious capital on something they dont know much about... so for those please watch & understand a mkt before you will trade it....

Thanks

Bugs

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

mailonline38 View Post
Thanks for your chart and reply.

Sorry to ask a short question due to reading the whole thread I did not see you mention about what is the timeframe you are using for TF and others?

Best regards,

TF=5range,144tick,1597ticklongterm
ES=2range
YM=2range
CL=8range
6E=5range

Please dont change your trading style... if you are successful please stick with your plan... dont ever try to follow someones trading style it wont work... use tools in your trding style like we use certain indicators but dont copy someone it will never work... be consistent trying to make $$$$ not the other way trying to achieve a trading style of someone else's... All this is not directed to you mailonline38.. Im just talking in General... cause a lot of readers just read & believe...
Success is within you,,, its yours to discover.... NO one can extract that from you.. EXCEPT YOU...we ourselves need to be successful step by step.. its the most difficult thing to achieve but it really feels nice when rightly done so.... nothing is done overnight.. & if someone has achieved it overnight he/she will never respect it & lose it.. slow the pace down & be consistent...confidence will come automatically..... A confident trader is a successful trader....
If you are trading fulltime consider this your business & when this is your business start giving it some time... dont try to find indicators to get the edge over others.. Start reading a chart @ the end of everyday see what the mkt did..how it reacted what kind of range a mkt really operates within.. have a proper stop loss... save your capital.. these are all just basic things but we tend to forget them in our daily trading.....

I could go on & on but all you guys already know this stuff..... I just felt like saying it too...

Thanks

Bugs

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

Todays results are in....
1ST IS 6E
2ND TF
3RD ES
4TH YM
5TH CL
6TH ZN

(I Mistakenly saved the pictures with the wrong dates sorry I thought it was the 29th that tells you i dont follow the calender & News.. Thanks)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6E_06-29-11_buysellindicator.png
Views:	211
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	42413   Click image for larger version

Name:	TF_06-29-11_buysellindicator.png
Views:	183
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	42414   Click image for larger version

Name:	ES_06-29-2011_buysellindicator.png
Views:	181
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	42415   Click image for larger version

Name:	YM_06-29-11_buysellindicator.png
Views:	168
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	42416   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL_06-29-11_buysellindicator.png
Views:	158
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	42417   Click image for larger version

Name:	ZN_06-29-11_buysellindicator.png
Views:	155
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	42418  
 mailonline38 
Sanjose, CA

Experience: Beginner
Trading: TF, YM
Thanks Given: 73
Thanks Received: 15

bugsbunny View Post
Todays results are in....
1ST IS 6E
2ND TF
3RD ES
4TH YM
5TH CL
6TH ZN

(I Mistakenly saved the pictures with the wrong dates sorry I thought it was the 29th that tells you i dont follow the calender & News.. Thanks)

Wow, these charts are great, bugsbunny !
Now, at least we could follow your thoughts and method.

Thanks a lot.

Thanked by:
 hector24 
austin, texas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Trading: currency futures
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 234

Bugs, I got a little over confident today and started to greed trade then that turned into revenge trading.
But oh well, I was up this morning then gave it all back plus some.
Bad day. Not with your numbers but with evaluation of my direction indicators and discipline.
Still have a lot of ticks left over from yesterday. I know tomorrow I will do much better and be up for the week.
This will be one of my biggest weeks in quite some time, even with the loss today, which wasn't much compared to yesterday. At least I had the discipline to stop with out much damage. But a loss is a loss.

Thanks
Hector

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on September 23, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts