NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 90 posts (231 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 85 posts (208 thanks)
    3. looks_3 omni72 with 33 posts (86 thanks)
    4. looks_4 syxforex with 31 posts (41 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Topstep with 3.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 omni72 with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 376,631 views
    2. thumb_up 1,789 thanks given
    3. group 390 followers
    1. forum 932 posts
    2. attach_file 30 attachments

Search this Thread

Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review)

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

Bharatiya View Post
Any updates regarding TopStepTrader.

Has anybody able to get any withdrawl / cheque or seen anyone got any??
Just wanted to know if traders complete all the matrix does patak keep their side of promise . I know its an old topic but they have been into this from last 3+ years there must be some feedback by now from their current/old traders.

Thanks

Me and my trading buddies have discussed this very topic many times. The general consensus is negative, but
I am trying to keep an open mind

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout

Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

Bharatiya View Post
Any updates regarding TopStepTrader.

Has anybody able to get any withdrawl / cheque or seen anyone got any??
Just wanted to know if traders complete all the matrix does patak keep their side of promise . I know its an old topic but they have been into this from last 3+ years there must be some feedback by now from their current/old traders.

Thanks

Bharatiya- Our equity partner has received many check requests from traders we place with them and each trader has received their check or if overseas a wire.

We really have nothing to hide. Traders come to TopstepTrader. Those that meet the objective in the Trading Combine get an opportunity to trade on our equity partners funded account. Those that profit enough to move themselves to Senior level are then permitted to start requesting a withdraw from their account. Those that request a withdraw get their cut of the profits.

Everything TopstepTrader offers is listed on our site. We don't have fine print. We are an educational and recruiting firm that feeds those talented traders in our Trading Combine to our partnering Proprietary Trading Groups.

Hope that helps.

mp

Thanked by:
Bharatiya
ND, India

Thanks Given: 285
Thanks Received: 47

MP I am not questioning the legitimacy of the firm. Its the long and tedious process to get senior trader status.
First multiple combines than live trading preparation than interview , junior trader... it might take some time .
I just wanted to know the traders who made it what is their experience with the firm. Is it worth ????

I am not talking about hard numbers not even general reviews like about trading environment, support, getting my checks on time.......

I always seen support staff or yours side, never patak/topdstep traders reviews. Thats why I put the question to the futures.io (formerly BMT) members.

Thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,541

Bharatiya View Post
I always seen support staff or yours side, never patak/topdstep traders reviews. Thats why I put the question to the nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) members.

Thanks

Search for TST. There are a ton of threads where people journal their experience with the combine. Tons and tons. Many are in Elite section, and you are not Elite, so keep that in mind.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Thanked by:

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

Bharatiya View Post
MP I am not questioning the legitimacy of the firm. Its the long and tedious process to get senior trader status.
First multiple combines than live trading preparation than interview , junior trader... it might take some time .
I just wanted to know the traders who made it what is their experience with the firm. Is it worth ????

I am not talking about hard numbers not even general reviews like about trading environment, support, getting my checks on time.......

I always seen support staff or yours side, never patak/topdstep traders reviews. Thats why I put the question to the futures.io (formerly BMT) members.

Thanks

Well, although I'm still far away of being a funded trader, I just want to add my 2 cents to the discussion.

ATM I'm in my second Combine and all I can say is that TST support is awesome, they are going to help you with ANY questions and concerns you might have...so really nothing wrong or 'suspicious' with that.

If you successfully pass a Combine you won't necessarily have to go through the process of Live Trader Preparation, this depends on how the Scouting Team 'judges' your trading and might be fairly discussed with them as well.

And lastly, I think before anybody should even think about of how / how much or how often withdrawing some money out of his account or bothering with how and when to become Senior trader status, IMO it's mandatory to build some sort of 'cushion' in order to earn the 'right' (or 'status' if you like) of changing / negotiating any given parameters relating to the just funded account...so YES, it definitely takes time to accomplish all necessary requirements, but it's still worth to give it a shot, just because besides all that monetary stuff, you'll learn a lot more about yourself than you ever might thought of.

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn
Thanked by:
Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

Bharatiya View Post

Thanks

Bharatiya- Ok, I understand. To add a comment or two about the process and the time it takes. This is different for each trader as trading is a personal journey for everyone. Some have taken one Combine and went funded, some multiple and funded and some never make it funded. This is very similar to all those traders who open their own brokerage account with their personal capital. Some trade well and never look back, some flounder, being up one day, down the next until their account gets chewed away with commission and some straight bury their account.

Our goal when becoming a Chicago Fintech startup was to change the way people approach the financial markets. We have developed a platform that, without risking your trading capital, allows anyone interested in the market to learn, gain market experience trading a real-time simulated account with real risk parameters and earn an opportunity to trade real capital from anywhere in the world.

I welcome your questions and am sorry for any confusion from my prior reply.

Have a good weekend.

mp

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,541

Pete @DionysusToast

Rumor has it you recently visited TST in Chicago. And met their horse? I'm confused...

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

Big Mike View Post
Pete @DionysusToast

Rumor has it you recently visited TST in Chicago. And met their horse? I'm confused...

Mike

lol - Cassius is a huge dog - he looks much smaller in these pics than he does in real life... mind you I am vertically challenged myself.

Lovely dog - great temperament - just damn huge...

And here's me & Eddie....

All great guys @ Topstep. Both Mike and Hoag seem to be very well known and very well respected on the CME Floor too.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

Just received this Email from TST today, I think this isn't going to make things easier for a new (TST) trader:

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

Daytrader999 View Post
Just received this Email from TST today, I think this isn't going to make things easier for a new (TST) trader:

Attachment 147297

Yeah, the ten day is not the optimum option to be sure.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 7, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts