NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Puretick (puretick.com now puretick.co also Market Dancer marketdancer.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 15 posts (41 thanks)
    2. looks_two JonnyBoy with 9 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Greatwest1 with 7 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TraderTed with 7 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two JonnyBoy with 2.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 treydog999 with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 TraderTed with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 57,049 views
    2. thumb_up 178 thanks given
    3. group 23 followers
    1. forum 93 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Puretick (puretick.com now puretick.co also Market Dancer marketdancer.com)

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader®
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay Klownbine® Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

The histogram plot of their "Number One's Cyclone (Enhanced Stochastics)®" https://www.puretick.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/pt-order-flow-indicator.png appears to be the Fisher Transform of the %K line of the Stochastics.

And the line plot is the INVERSE Fisher Transform of the %K Stochastics. These transforms were first applied to trading by John Ehlers and are widely known.

Here is a more reasonably priced version of Fisher Transform of %K:

You can be pretty sure that my version will use a lot less CPU resources than theirs does, until they get around to copying my code.

Number One's PT Order Flow® looks like Gom Up and Down Volume but would have to be based on UpDownTick not Bid Ask because TradeStation® does not have BidAsk data (Alex LOVES TradeStation®, using it confers an aura of professionalism) and they would not be using the GomRecorder for their proprietary indicators.. (would they?).

There can never be any doubt who Number One is in the Puretick universe. There have been rumblings of discontent there for quite some time, but any personality cult will have appeal to some.

Puretick has gotten much bigger over the last few years. I wonder what happened to Alex's original sidekick, CajunSniper, who kept a low profile but actually sounded very intelligent the few times he was heard in the Trading Room.

Disclosure: This weekend I have been watching some documentaries about North Korea on You Tube.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,854

Zondor View Post

Puretick has gotten much bigger over the last few years. I wonder what happened to Alex's original sidekick, CajunSniper, who kept a low profile but actually sounded very intelligent the few times he was heard in the Trading Room.

Indeed. It was CajunSniper whom defended Alex to the hilt at every turn. I have been away from Puretick for so long I don't know what the situation is there now.

I hope and pray people wise up to Puretick.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
Thanked by:
 TraderTed 
Hamburg + Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Motive Wave, Oanda
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 15

JonnyBoy View Post
Indeed. It was CajunSniper whom defended Alex to the hilt at every turn. I have been away from Puretick for so long I don't know what the situation is there now.

Cajun is still around. But he keeps as you said a very low profile. He does not call any entries or exit.

In Alex room there is on guy called Stretch who is very active and seems to even outtrade Alex. But again, he starts with many contracts and scales out one by one.

So if the market is trending you see him scaling out and get the impression that this guy catches every bit of movement. But he never calls something like "stopped out with the full position!".

They always praise their wins but the losses happen on the side without much talking about.

In general Alex is very much fixated on being right instead of making lot´s of money. With a general stopp loss of 20 - 25 ticks and taking half of the position at 7 - 10 ticks he needs his 89 % win rate to at least make a little bit of money, because the loosers eat up all the little winners.

There where often situations, where he got very angry, when somebody tried to talk about loosing trades. Even if just to review them to learn from the mistake. Alex yelled that he does not want to think about loosing trades, because this would mess up his psychology. (And of course it scares away newbie customers.)

Alex is all about having such a high winning percentage, he claims to be the best trader in the world. "Not the richest...but the best!".

By the way this is thing with Number One: "Number One" is Louis Borcelino. Who is one of the biggest locals in the SP500 pit in Chicago. Ben the moderator of "Traders Audio", which Alex is listening to while trading , often talks about what "Number One" (Borcelino) is doing in the pit (bying or selling etc.).
So Alex is joking in his room, that Borcelino is in fact number two, because he (Alex) is the real number one.
Now it seems that this joke gets more and more real thinking, because he names the new indicators after it.

ElectricWiz 
Chicago

Platform: E-Signal
Trading: Ym
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 23

PURETICK is a scam. The owner simply uses psychological games to convince the members that he is a real trader. HE GETS RICH WITH YOUR MONEY!!!......
I speak from experience as I was a member for a few months. Take it from me, many of these TRADE GURU rooms are just ways of stealing money from new traders.

Any Questions just ask me,
Wiz

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,748
Thanks Received: 18,135

This is not a review, but I could not resist posting. Over at ET there is a thread about Don Miller that I stumbled upon, and the "Co-Founder and Head Trader," Alex Wasilewski, posts numerous times on the thread and uses some of the most foul language (it is ET after all) I've ever seen. It's like a bunch of babies having an argument; any real professional would shrug it off and get lost, but it's clear that he has some serious issues. I have no experience with PureTick nor any other vendors, but in case anyone was reading this seriously considering PureTick, I recommend a read of the thread on ET I'm referencing, to see the kind of behavior of the person you would potentially be doing business with. Shocking and laughable. I normally don't post in this section, but I thought it best to issue a warning for any potential customer.

Thanked by:
 trader2 
Berlin,Berlin

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja/CGQ
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 51

I was just bounced out of their presentation this evening/afternoon.
This is my copy of the discussion in the chat:

00:30:04 {prospero:AlexLW<EN>} there is always a person who can not follow the trades
00:30:19 {prospero:AlexLW<EN>} today one trader lost money
00:30:25 {prospero:guest} stop that, Alex!!
00:30:28 {prospero:AlexLW<EN>} we called a long on the open
00:30:34 {prospero:AlexLW<EN>} he kept shorting
00:30:40 {prospero:AlexLW<EN>} we can not control what one person does
00:30:45 {prospero:guest} nobody csan follow you
00:31:03 {prospero:Cathy_OTCSupport<EN>} hahahaha you ALL behave, it's been such a great hour, don't make me eat those words!
00:31:10 {prospero:Steve_(1)<EN>} do you teach how to identify those hot zones?
00:31:11 {prospero:Stretch<EN>} Hehe
00:31:24 {prospero:Cathy_OTCSupport<EN>} § As we approach the hour mark, our sincerest thanks to the whole team at PureTick.com | Live! Real Time Futures Day Trading Alerts! Trade Calls Along With Us! - PureTick offers LIVE profitable day trading alerts and a foundation to learn more about trading for a living. (Reven, Alex, Tanya, Cajun, Sandra) and of course, our host, Ray Phister, professional trader, educator & mentor of the new PureTick.com | Live! Real Time Futures Day Trading Alerts! Trade Calls Along With Us! - PureTick offers LIVE profitable day trading alerts and a foundation to learn more about trading for a living. ES-CL II live Traderoom! <><>Please see: CL-ES II - PureTick.com | Live! Real Time Futures Day Trading Alerts! Trade Calls Along With Us! to get room details! Additional questions direct to [email protected] to enroll with the discount! Thank YOU all for your time in attending too! WE appreciate you - every one of you!!
00:31:39 {prospero:AlexLW<EN>} 11:10:10 {Turd Ferguson} Down this am $1,000 and now up 43,200
11:10:16 {Snagglepuss} after sitting out runup
11:10:19 {Turd Ferguson} $3,200
11:10:25 {Turd Ferguson} oops
00:31:41 {prospero:NJ<EN><EN>} do you trade a LIVE or SIM account in the room?
00:31:46 {prospero:AlexLW<EN>} Turd was able to follow today
00:31:53 {prospero:AlexLW<EN>} 3 of our traders had their best day every
00:32:05 {prospero:AlexLW<EN>} ever
00:32:09 {prospero:AlexLW<EN>} i know
00:32:14 {prospero:MrGambino} live or sim
00:32:16 {prospero:AlexLW<EN>} and
00:32:17 {prospero:NJ-BOT4<EN>} 5/23/2013 (Private): You have been disconnected by room's moderator!
00:32:17 {prospero:NJ-BOT4} Disconnected 5/23/2013.

I disturbed their great discussion of course. I told everybody that nobody can follow Alex. That is the truth.
To be honest:
I think that Ray might be really good.
He might be not honest about where he learned his great stuff. I learned the exact great stuff from Christopher Koozekanani (https://www.fulcrumtraders.com which is now owned by his student Brian Gardner) and it is not complicated - you do not need an expensive room fee.
Christopher did some great webinars here on BigMike`s. Watch that please. It is really good and keeps you away from monthly room fees.
Of course I cannot assure that Ray(puretick room moderator) got his order flow stuff from Chris. But it sounds similar...
Ray might be the first really great teacher at puretick...
what he presented sounded really good...
but puretick always wants to have clients that are DEPENDED to puretick - so you "never" get the last "secret" from them that makes you an independent trader!!!

What you have to be careful about:
Do not watch too much what other people are doing!!
You can never follow another person`s trade entries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is just not possible.

You have to understand what you are doing.
Do not follow.

Free stuff does not help you!
Understand that, please!

Learn a method!
Do not copy! You will lose!

Puretick is looking for stupid followers that just want to copy trades. That is their business - although they tell you another story than I do.
They make those followers ridiculous - as that short dialog from the presentation is showing -
haha: How funny is that person that is all the time against Alex`calls!

Thanked by:
 TraderTed 
Hamburg + Germany

Platform: Motive Wave, Oanda
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 15

I would really like to hear something from those people who visited Alex for a mentorship.
In the time while I was in the room, several people did this. They paid thousands of dollars + traveling expenses, to trade alongside of Alex for a week and get special training.

It would be interesting to hear from these people, what their impression was.
  • Did they learn something important, which is not taught and / or cannot witnessed in the room, which would be worth the money ?
  • Did the mentorship help them to become successful profitable traders?

For example at about the time I was in the room a female trader called Sandra started there as well. She was even kicked out of the room by Alex on 2 different occasions, because of similar arguments as mentioned in the previous post above.
Later I found in another forum on the internet a thread about puretick, in which she (Sandra) commented positively that she did a paid consulting with Alex via Skype and after that she now would understand the method etc. what she did wrong etc..

About a couple of weeks later I witnessed, while being still in the room, that Sandra had traveled to Florida (from another country) to even take the big and very expensive mentorship with Alex !!!

So I really would love to hear something about that kind of experience....

Thanked by:

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

When I was in the room, he supposedly had a student sitting with him for a week. But who knows if that was true.

I remember Alex once said a room member (White Rabbit I think, but this was back in 2010) did a private mentorship with him, and started on a balance of $5,000. I think this is another shill to try and get people to trust him.

Puretick is a disgrace. I hope and pray people find this thread in a Google search.

If I was a successful trader with an 89% success rate, I wouldn't have the time or inclination to have a trading room. If I was a bad trader with just enough chat to be convincing I sure as hell would. That is Alex.

Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

JonnyBoy View Post
If I was a successful trader with an 89% success rate, I wouldn't have the time or inclination to have a trading room.

Come on, for 45K extra, why wouldn't you have a room? You are trading anyway.... Not defending pureshit, but there is a perfectly legit reason to run a trading room, it is called extra income...

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Pedro40 View Post
Come on, for 45K extra, why wouldn't you have a room? You are trading anyway.... Not defending pureshit, but there is a perfectly legit reason to run a trading room, it is called extra income...

If your success rate as a trader was 89% as claimed on Puretick, you wouldn't need extra income.

I am glad we both agree on Pureshit tho!

Last Updated on January 26, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts