NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,404 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

I bet you wish you didn't move your stop on that long!!!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

bluemele View Post
I bet you wish you didn't move your stop on that long!!!

How do you know?! Haha...

There is something else I wish I didn't do. I took break and came back. I thought market was really long and it should be easy to make some money back. Well when I opened my charts again it didn't look to me long any more an I thought that move up is over and we are gonna go down now. I took another 12 shorts and I'm -7+ points. Market moved really slow and gave me a lot of opportunities to loose money.

It would take me out and I think ok now it's gonna go down from this trend line or fib level or s/r level.

The biggest thing is not the money. I think the worst thing was breaking my 4 trades rule. I think last friday messed me up. I broke it ones because I was playing and I broke it again.

As soon as I start getting better I mess it up in some way.
I'm not sure if I can make it all back this week.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
How do you know?! Haha...

There is something else I wish I didn't do. I took break and came back. I thought market was really long and it should be easy to make some money back. Well when I opened my charts again it didn't look to me long any more an I thought that move up is over and we are gonna go down now. I took another 12 shorts and I'm -7+ points. Market moved really slow and gave me a lot of opportunities to loose money.

It would take me out and I think ok now it's gonna go down from this trend line or fib level or s/r level.

The biggest thing is not the money. I think the worst thing was breaking my 4 trades rule. I think last friday messed me up. I broke it ones because I was playing and I broke it again.

As soon as I start getting better I mess it up in some way.
I'm not sure if I can make it all back this week.

The key for me is to record and work on a 'path' to profitability. Like you mentioned, 4 trades is your limit which I think is good, but something that once you get better then it is not required.

Not to be critical of you today, but a couple of your trades were VERY late in the run. To me it is best to just mark it on the chart and just 'be right' but that is just what I do or try to do.

Also, just FYI, today is a Holiday (I knew it but I forgot when I wake up at 4am and my brain isn't working!). I just remembered after I submitted my journal and all.

One thing is that this is typical HOLIDAY movements, light volume all in one direction or just extreme ranging.

I NEVER TRADE HOLIDAYS or the 2 weeks around XMAS, NEW YEARS! I have also learned not to trade the entire week of major Holidays like 4th of July, Memorial Day and Labor Day. Gosh, all these things I am learning! hahah....

You are doing better, much like I am and you are evolving as a trader. Record the day, move on and just know this won't happen again.
Hold your head up high, you are becoming a profitable and consistent trader!!!

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

I know I know. I just never listen.

I'm really angry with myself.
I knew it's a Holiday. I wanted to try to get couple points a run. I thought two points should not be so hard to make.
And I would make it didn't I move my stop on the third trade. I was pretty sure it's gonna break lower looking at the price action.

It's not so easy to forget because I'm gonna see this day for at least next four weeks in my statistics. I just hope I can pull myself together and make it back by the end of the week.

I know that 4 trades rule is just for now, but I also know that I'm not ready to move it higher yet.

Anyways here is an update of my trades and summary:

I was in my last trade for 1 hour and 43 minutes. It took me out on a spike and now it started to move lower. Haha...

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
I know I know. I just never listen.

I'm really angry with myself.
I knew it's a Holiday. I wanted to try to get couple points a run. I thought two points should not be so hard to make.
And I would make it didn't I move my stop on the third trade. I was pretty sure it's gonna break lower looking at the price action.

It's not so easy to forget because I'm gonna see this day for at least next four weeks in my statistics. I just hope I can pull myself together and make it back by the end of the week.

I know that 4 trades rule is just for now, but I also know that I'm not ready to move it higher yet.

Anyways here is an update of my trades and summary:
Attachment 51446
Attachment 51447

I was in my last trade for 1 hour and 43 minutes. It took me out on a spike and now it started to move lower. Haha...

Agree. You are on a good course. No worries. It will come and you will find your groove. I think today fooled a LOT of people.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

4 trades today but my loss is pretty large.

I didn't get my stop plotted on my first trade and I got -1.3. I could manage it to BE+1 and the same on my last trade.

I thought that market is gonna be short and I refused to go long. I thought there was a nice setup for long around 10:08, but I didn't take because I thought that's not gonna go far. Sometimes bias in your head can heart you very bad and today is a great example.

That divergence at 4181 really messed me up.

I feel this week gonna be fun for me.

Here are my trades and summary:

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

No vid?

We marked the same area for a LONG. haha....

I gave up all my profits for the last 3 weeks. 2 days of trading.

But, if I hold my stops and let my winners run, this could be 2 days to recover and not 8!

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
No vid?

We marked the same area for a LONG. haha....

I gave up all my profits for the last 3 weeks. 2 days of trading.

But, if I hold my stops and let my winners run, this could be 2 days to recover and not 8!

At least you had something to give up, I didn't. Haha...

Now I understand why people are saying that trading is very close to playing poker.
I played Taxes Holdem 2-3 years ago. I could spend so many hours playing tournaments and grow my account from a couple bucks to few hundreds. Then I would risk everything for one pot, loose it and start all over again. I can see the same thing in trading.

If it's so close with poker it might work another way. At some point it became really easy for me to get to the bubble. Play only good hands, if not sure fold and let it go. Wait for better hand.

I think more and more about taking smaller profits. Like PW said you can get profit even if your are wrong. I mean get a couple 1-2 points trades and be done instead of loosing few points before getting 5+ points if you can get it.
Just play safe get to the bubble from day to day until it becomes easy. Then if I want to risk that money try to get more.

For example today I could get couple points from first and last trade together. That would get me to BE, or +couple ticks. When I get better on this then raise the bar little by little.

Here is my video (I had to leave before it was done):

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Thanks for posting. I wanted to hear your thought process.

Today was saying, "I could go long, wake-up or I will eat your lunch" but in a language that I couldn't discern. haha...

The poor trading was all me in my opinion after reviewing my video twice. I figured it was a fluke yesterday because of Holiday so I thought we would get a retrace.

That is what I learned is to build the pot slowly. Exactly!

I try not to take anything smaller than a point, but 1.5 - 2.5 is pretty nice. Had I continued trading like I normally do, I would have had much smaller losses, walked away with more and been much better off.

I am not certain for the long term that longer runs are not possible, but like you said, I think maybe a matter of if you are up and hitting the pivots then it is worth taking a couple extra trades? Not sure and all part of growing I guess.

I wish you could see Danielle trade also as she is so good she always gets 4-5 point runs! I miss watching her vids.

I will take a look at your vid, thanks for posting!!

P.S. I used to play texas hold-em' as well and my strategy was always "When on a ROLL, All-in baby!". I won a couple big games, but never a tournament!

vovan348 
Moscow

@bluemele I've seen a couple of her videos. She did really well.

Sometimes I feel like I stuck on this stage and I'm not sure when I can move further. Sometimes I even think that I'll never be profitable. Like you said it's not in my DNA. But this is not an attitude I need. I have to break though this stage.

Tomorrow another day! Let's make it right from now on!!!!

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts