NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,404 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Yes. I used to trade like that and that is the way Henry used to teach. Then market conditions changed to where IF you picked the wrong direction you would never recover.

That is the challenge which I feel I have gotten better at the long term. Today, looking at the 4181 it was pretty clear we were going down. It is funny as I am used to seeing that same picture (My wife calls it the Penguin) on the 4181 right before the big drop, but used to seeing it on TOP of the bands.

Now, I can definitely say I wasn't paying attention. Long time I haven't seen those big pushes short in over 1 year! I forgot they existed and the pictures look a little different.

I agree, there is the difference in mindset between 2-3 points and 5-12 points. To me, the goals is 5-12 points because getting filled with larger stops makes it easier to pull down 100K in a day vs. 2-3 points, but for now I guess I am at the 2-3 points.

I have had days where I was up 4-5 points, come back, knock me out and then I would make 2-3 gifts and be out for the day. (This is live!) So, I guess, my fear, indecision among other things has altered my thinking.

All-n-all, I am still doing reasonably well and getting better. That is the goal. Trying not to get big swings of -2 to -3 points then profitable and then negative big, profitable big. hmmmm.

Thanks for the feedback.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

bluemele View Post
Yes. I used to trade like that and that is the way Henry used to teach. Then market conditions changed to where IF you picked the wrong direction you would never recover.

That is the challenge which I feel I have gotten better at the long term. Today, looking at the 4181 it was pretty clear we were going down. It is funny as I am used to seeing that same picture (My wife calls it the Penguin) on the 4181 right before the big drop, but used to seeing it on TOP of the bands.

Now, I can definitely say I wasn't paying attention. Long time I haven't seen those big pushes short in over 1 year! I forgot they existed and the pictures look a little different.

I agree, there is the difference in mindset between 2-3 points and 5-12 points. To me, the goals is 5-12 points because getting filled with larger stops makes it easier to pull down 100K in a day vs. 2-3 points, but for now I guess I am at the 2-3 points.

I have had days where I was up 4-5 points, come back, knock me out and then I would make 2-3 gifts and be out for the day. (This is live!) So, I guess, my fear, indecision among other things has altered my thinking.

All-n-all, I am still doing reasonably well and getting better. That is the goal. Trying not to get big swings of -2 to -3 points then profitable and then negative big, profitable big. hmmmm.

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't wanna push you or anything. You got much better from the moment I saw your journal at first time. MUCH MUCH BETTER. I'm not saying that you are doing something wrong. You said a lot of times that you want to learn how to hold it longer.

The only thing I cannot understand from what you said is " IF you picked the wrong direction you would never recover" the key is to find direction first and trade with the trend. It has nothing to do with bigger stops. My last trade had stop of 6 ticks and would I hold it to 50% it would be 10.7 points profit.

I know that it's a challenge and I fail big time for now, but I think with practice it would get easier.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
I don't wanna push you or anything. You got much better from the moment I saw your journal at first time. MUCH MUCH BETTER. I'm not saying that you are doing something wrong. You said a lot of times that you want to learn how to hold it longer.

The only thing I cannot understand from what you said is " IF you picked the wrong direction you would never recover" the key is to find direction first and trade with the trend. It has nothing to do with bigger stops. My last trade had stop of 6 ticks and would I hold it to 50% it would be 10.7 points profit.

I know that it's a challenge and I fail big time for now, but I think with practice it would get easier.

Yes, Agree. Previously, I traded the way I was taught to stick to the MACD's and trade counter-trend and look for 2-3 points. That is, IF the MACD's gave you nice separation and you had a good area with bar setup.

This works IF it retraces, but the thing that I wasn't taught or didn't understand was how to get into the retraces as those are harder. A lot of days through this last spring the market never ever retraced even past the 23%. You didn't know if this was 'going to be it' or not, so I got my ass handed to me over and over again along with a lot of other NFT traders. (Masters Palace then...)

It finally dawned on me that YES, trade with the trend but not exclusively if you have good enough ammo.

For historical, my first week trading NFT I scored 25 points in 2 days. 18 point run, then 7 points the next day. I thought I was a genius. Then, as time went on, I looked for higher expectancy and was more fearful of being 'wrong' which was a big issue.

I agree with everything you say, it has been difficult as market conditions change and THEY DO enough to warrant a reevaluation of how I was interpreting the MACD's. I know about Feb/Mar that a lot of people who used to post NFT vids, stopped!

Conceptually easy, when live money is on the line, much harder. I trade SIM like I do cash, so this is where I am emotionally I guess.

All good points.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Today I failed again.

I had a lot of distraction today. My son was trying to play with me. He got behind my back on a chair and was hanging on my neck. My wife was doing some stuff right next to me.

It was distracting me, but I don't wanna use it as an excuse. My biggest problem was that I couldn't understand what is going on the market. Where we are going to. My last trade I got direction right, but I didn't get out when I had to. I saw divergence on 610 twice before it took me out. It could be 3.5 points at the first one and about 4.5 at the second one. I'm not really sure how should I manage my trades at the bigger time frames and when I can ignore 610 and when I should watch it very close. If I look at today's downtrend in general it looks like I got in pretty low and had to listen to 610. There is still a lot to learn.

Today was not so clear as yesterday and I failed to adapt to this conditions at least with my first 3 trades. It seems to me that I can do well only at easy days and fail when we get some tricky movements. Oh well, I had to learn a lot more!!!

Here are my trades and summary:

I'll add video later!

Here it is:

It did get to my target, but without me! That pull back up went much higher before falling to my target.
610 gave me nice signal to get out and that's why I like it. That was my fault that I didn't get out!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

This beats the hell out of -10 points.

I couldn't read today either and the bars are so large it didn't end up well for me. I am lucky I caught two last minute trades.

I went through a scary period of click-happiness which is dangerous. I am trying my best to hold my trades but that didn't work out well for me today but it was better than my usual I think.

I thought that short was trying to fool us and it was going to go long. O well, tomorrow is another day!

Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

vovan348 View Post
Today I failed again.

I had a lot of distraction today. My son was trying to play with me. He got behind my back on a chair and was hanging on my neck. My wife was doing some stuff right next to me.

I'll add video later!

very nice Norman Rockwell painting, the next step to take is grasp your laptop head straight for basement and lock the door behind you.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

cory View Post
very nice Norman Rockwell painting, the next step to take is grasp your laptop head straight for basement and lock the door behind you.

You are right Cory. The problem is that I don't have a basement. Haha..

If I get to another room my son is gonna cry by the door until I open it. It's not so easy for me to find a quiet place!

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
You are right Cory. The problem is that I don't have a basement. Haha..

If I get to another room my son is gonna cry by the door until I open it. It's not so easy for me to find a quiet place!

Dude, same thing exactly for me yesterday! My daughter and son, both barging in all the time while I am trading. "Play with me Daddy!"...

That is why I didn't count it as I would have missed the market anyways.

Having kids makes it double hard for pretty much everything as you have more mouths to feed also! haha....

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

I just watched your video.

Today was the perfect example of why I don't trade like that anymore. To me your target was spot-on as well and your entry was quite good.

The reason I changed the way I traded was many days like this where I would have been up several points to give it all back. That is why I slowly evolved into taking what the run will give me until the first major pullback and or obvious target.

You are doing it the 'right' way as Henry teaches it, but for me, it sure does suck giving back 4.5 points and ending up negative + the points you didn't make. My wife says, 'That is the risk you must be willing to take'.

That has been my evolution and my biggest challenge. Had I taken the first few trades and exited off of first major pullback, I would have been up 3.6 points after about 20 minutes. Of course, I also could have been up 12 points after 2 hours. I don't know which is better, and I guess just a personality thing.

I hope to someday get back to making larger runs of 5+ points per day. You did very well today.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
I just watched your video.

Today was the perfect example of why I don't trade like that anymore. To me your target was spot-on as well and your entry was quite good.

The reason I changed the way I traded was many days like this where I would have been up several points to give it all back. That is why I slowly evolved into taking what the run will give me until the first major pullback and or obvious target.

You are doing it the 'right' way as Henry teaches it, but for me, it sure does suck giving back 4.5 points and ending up negative + the points you didn't make. My wife says, 'That is the risk you must be willing to take'.

That has been my evolution and my biggest challenge. Had I taken the first few trades and exited off of first major pullback, I would have been up 3.6 points after about 20 minutes. Of course, I also could have been up 12 points after 2 hours. I don't know which is better, and I guess just a personality thing.

I hope to someday get back to making larger runs of 5+ points per day. You did very well today.

Well that was a long run target. As I said 610 gave me signals 2 times to get out and I just didn't. That was kinda experiment for me. I thought I should ignore 610 and see where it's gonna take me. Last night in our conversation you said something like "610 gives a lot of fake-outs". So I was thinking about it and today 610 didn't fake-out. It was kinda test of 610 for me. What I noticed that 610 would give you a nice divergence before big pull back, or showing at the end of the pull back. Separations are mostly fake-outs and most of the time just get 1597 back on the rail.

You are right about personality in trading. I thought that I have more of scalper personality because I like taking a lot of trades and be out of the trade quickly, but when I'm trying to scalp I take even more trades and end up with loss. I cannot stay away from over trading. I think scalping is a trap for me. I have to keep my dose low so I can think more. I tried to trail stop after bullish/bearish bars before and it didn't work for me very well. It would give me a small profit instead of loss, or dissent profit of 1.5-2.5 points, but I always had feeling that move is not over and I would get in again and again. Then I would just start clicking.

Watching your video I could see myself doing the same thing a few weeks ago. The only thing would be different PnL. My would be about -10 points. Haha... And then I would see your post saying "20 trades? Why didn't you stop when....."Haha...

It is personal and everybody choose their way to win. All of them are different and there is so many of them.

I just wanted to share my thoughts. I've never been a student of NFT, or any other company that would teach me how to read charts properly or how to manage trades, find good entry etc. I'm learning from free trials, or any other information I can find on the web. I think a lot of traders from this forum are going the same way. So when I come up with something I think valuable I wanna test, share it and see feedback.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts