NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,481 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

vovan348 View Post

The question is: Why everybody traded yesterday? The day before switch over?

If volume is high on that Thursday, I will trade. If it is low, I will not...

I compare the two volumes and the March was much lower than the December, so that is why I personally traded. My wife didn't...

The Friday is the day I think you have to be more careful on.... That is when most realize oh... I need to switch over..

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors

skilo 
Chicago, IL

Experience: Master
Platform: NT,TS,TT,CQG,Bloomberg,Telerate
Trading: GU,CL,EC,BP,US,TY,Forex
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 7

Hi I am wondering if anyone can tell me where I can find the indicator or the function button that Vovon338 uses on his charts that tell you the number of bars, tics,time and instrument in the dotted square box?

It makes marking up charts way quicker than going to NT drop down and plotting the entry and exit arrows and then writting the entry and exit prices.

Thanks for any help.

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

skilo View Post
Hi I am wondering if anyone can tell me where I can find the indicator or the function button that Vovon338 uses on his charts that tell you the number of bars, tics,time and instrument in the dotted square box?

It makes marking up charts way quicker than going to NT drop down and plotting the entry and exit arrows and then writting the entry and exit prices.

Thanks for any help.

In the drowning tools from drop down menu you can see ruler. That's what it is. Or you can just use hot key for it.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

skilo 
Chicago, IL

Experience: Master
Platform: NT,TS,TT,CQG,Bloomberg,Telerate
Trading: GU,CL,EC,BP,US,TY,Forex
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 7

vovan348 View Post
In the drowning tools from drop down menu you can see ruler. That's what it is. Or you can just use hot key for it.

Thanks VonVan348. Guess I should explore NT a little more than just charting purposes.

vovan348 
Moscow

One trade one tick!

I'm trying to hold myself and take only trades that are really clear for me. It's very hard but I think that's the only way I can create my own method. I have to follow it in the first place.

I saw one setup around 9:50 to go short, but I didn't take it. I just wasn't sure about my target and my stop had to be about 14 ticks.
I waited for the reversal signal long, but it wan't so great either. Just the way it moved up was very suspicious. There was a lot of down pressure also. So after price stall I moved my stop to BE+2 and let it take me out. I didn't want to be in that trade after a couple minutes of moving nowhere.

I just call it a day because it's very slow for me. We'll see what's gonna be tomorrow.

Here is my trade:

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
To me, the biggest problem you have now is judging yourself and setting expectations.

It is something that I believe has held me back for a long time. It comes and goes, but in the end, setting up judgements on how we do has no meaning or is useless.

It is good to be technical and just document in black-n-white if you succeeded in holding up your rules. SHOULD is a tough word and this helps me greatly in my journal and trading as I see my own issues in others.. Amazing how that works....

I am sure you are glad you could help!

I wonder what your expectations that you have set upon yourself... I am thinking about my list now...

I'm not judging myself. I'm just trying to fix my trading. I think that trading the same way everyday not gonna go from bad to good just by doing it over and over again. If I cannot be profitable I have to change something to make it work. I'm not saying that I have to change method or system. I have to change the way I'm trading. My problem is that when I take a couple loosing trades I get angry and stop thinking for 100%. I'm trying to go with my gut and that doesn't really work.

I'm not sure if I helped anyhow. I just wanted to warn him from going to far with clicking. I wish I could really help.

I don't set any expectations upon myself. But I do have some goals. My biggest goal is to decrease the number of my trades. Not by setting a limit but by being more selective on my entries. It seems like it's easier for me to work with MAs. The idea is the same so what's the difference what to use and how your charts look like. It's all the same, find direction and go with it.

I don't tell myself:

I'll be live soon or I'm not gonna make anything today or I'm following wrong method.

I cannot control any of that and I don't think there are loosing and winning methods. Everything depends on the trader no matter what do you use. I watched one trader presenting his trading method a while ago and that was MA setup. After he told everybody what type and settings of MAs does he use he said "you can give me any other set of MAs and I'll make it work".

The end of the day result depends on me and no one can help me but myself. It's not judging myself. It's working on myself.

To be honest I thought much more about trading before I would start my PC a few weeks ago. I was trying to set myself positive but more I tried worst it was.

I don't think so much about that now. I know that all I can do is watch for setups. I cannot control how many loosing or winning setups are gonna be there today, I cannot control how far that's gonna go, I cannot control how much money I'm gonna make. What can I control? I can control when and where do I enter and exit. That's all I can do.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

I know that today is a Fed day and some traders do not trade, but if I traded rollover day and day after that why not to trade Fed.

The first I entered long because I thought that it can be a trending day and can keep going up. The long term trend was still up but short term trend was turning down pretty good. I tried one of my experimenting entries for continuation trade. I think they should work for trending days like we had last week. When I got in I saw that there is a lot of risk in the trade and I thought at least five times to scratch that trade with BE. But I let it to take me out. What's done is done and there is no way back to fix it.

After that it was pretty clear that we are going down at least for a nice retracement. I had to leave at 10am so entered the trade set limit order on the closest target I had for that trade and left. My PC went to sleep mode before I got filled. When I reconnected NT it filled me on the current price for 8+ points.

I'm not sure when would I exit if was there so I count it for only 2.2 points.

Here are my trades and summary:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

vovan348 View Post
I know that today is a Fed day and some traders do not trade, but if I traded rollover day and day after that why not to trade Fed.

Per the earlier comment in the other thread, my comment was not directed at you. It was at HighRise...

He is in the stage of 'should' 'could' and 'why not'.

Trading as everyone says is about taking the best 'bets' of success and capitalizing on them while minimizing the occasional difficult trading sessions.

You showed today that you can trade and you picked up the direction well. I didn't watch today's market, but I would have probably thought along the same lines as yourself which is a positive for me since you did well...

But, your comment above tells me that you are 'gambling' in a way and not taking seriously the effort involved in becoming and showing profitability. Maybe that is just a temporary stage, but if you had 1K on the line, would you still feel the same way? What about 100K or whatever number hurts...

My point is, maybe you are in testing mode (which in my opinion doesn't need to be done on a live moving market), but a professional trader would never take trades that don't have HIGH PROBABILITY. This includes certain trading days, trading weeks (holiday weeks) etc..

I am documenting this for you as much as myself. Please don't take this as being 'critical' as I see some traits in you as I do in myself. For instance you want to be in the 'action' and that is my biggest issue....

Right now, I believe that until I can get to a point where I do not need to be in the action then I will continue to .

You did very well today... I am impressed.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

@bluemele

Haha... I wasn't sure who that was directed to so I replied in my thread.Lol

As you said it's not a gambling it's more like a testing mode. I just started working with MAs and there is a lot of unknown areas for me. Sometimes I can see something really clear, but other times I'm not so sure. I know that it's better to stay out if not sure but I think on this stage it's ok.

I'm still testing it in different market conditions and I better remember setups if I was in a trade. One thing that I would say is a gambling that I didn't close that trade. I knew it's not gonna work out after I entered, but second voice in side of me says "Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I should wait. Maybe I should give it some more room to work out. It might still go there". In about 90% of my trades when I think it's not gonna work out it doesn't but I still don't close it when I have to. It's hard to see it running away without you knowing that you were in that trade but closed it. I know it's wrong but it's hard to overcome.

Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

vovan348 View Post
.. My PC went to sleep mode before I got filled....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	never.png
Views:	171
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	57216  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts