NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,404 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,020

wouldnt this area on the chart have failed as well?

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

The one that would fail would be at 15:45. That's if you closed your short before it hits the target and revers. The area that you pointed wouldn't be considered as valid for me. It broke above EMA just for a couple bars. Most of those bars never left EMA. The one before close seems nice but again Red Line is showing direction down and BL still below it.

I don't think that you should take this method as your trading approach. It's very raw and I don't know how good it's gonna work. That's why I didn't want to share it on this stage. I don't want any one to take it as a proven method and then tell me that it doesn't work and I don't know what I'm doing. I know that some people gonna point on every setup that failed just trying to prove me that it doesn't work. That's not what I need. I shared it so some people with more experience could look at what am I doing and maybe point where it fails and what would help me to fix it.

I'm not saying that you cannot use it for yourself. I just don't want you depend on it. I don't want any one to fail because of my ideas.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

vovan348 View Post
The one that would fail would be at 15:45. That's if you closed your short before it hits the target and revers. The area that you pointed wouldn't be considered as valid for me. It broke above EMA just for a couple bars. Most of those bars never left EMA. The one before close seems nice but again Red Line is showing direction down and BL still below it.

I don't think that you should take this method as your trading approach. It's very raw and I don't know how good it's gonna work. That's why I didn't want to share it on this stage. I don't want any one to take it as a proven method and then tell me that it doesn't work and I don't know what I'm doing. I know that some people gonna point on every setup that failed just trying to prove me that it doesn't work. That's not what I need. I shared it so some people with more experience could look at what am I doing and maybe point where it fails and what would help me to fix it.

I'm not saying that you cannot use it for yourself. I just don't want you depend on it. I don't want any one to fail because of my ideas.

nah i wouldnt use it IRL.. i just like seeing how people think and what ideas they have for setups/methods.. that info can always help others.. i wasnt trying to point out the failures per se, but trying more to understand which setups you would take and those that you would not have taken.. but dont stop posting because like i said i think its all good info!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

I like the concept of using moving averages as a entry.

This is something I have been playing with on FX. Kind of like Pandawarrior but modified.

1. You look at the much longer time frame and identify S&R. You wait till you have a consolidation period on the daily (or whatever)

2. Once it breaks, you then go for a entry upon the first pullback on a timeframe at least 5 times lower. Daily would be 4HR or if you started on 1HR it would be 5M etc...

3. You enter upon stochastic or new trendline break and your stop is just above/below that price action.

4. Your exit is either a 61% or 100% ext. dependent upon the last large pullback on the highest timeframe.

5. Stops do not get moved as it is common for price to come back and visit.

Simple, but seems to be from backtesting to be decent.

Thanked by:

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

bluemele View Post
I like the concept of using moving averages as a entry.

This is something I have been playing with on FX. Kind of like Pandawarrior but modified.

1. You look at the much longer time frame and identify S&R. You wait till you have a consolidation period on the daily (or whatever)

2. Once it breaks, you then go for a entry upon the first pullback on a timeframe at least 5 times lower. Daily would be 4HR or if you started on 1HR it would be 5M etc...

3. You enter upon stochastic or new trendline break and your stop is just above/below that price action.

4. Your exit is either a 61% or 100% ext. dependent upon the last large pullback on the highest timeframe.

5. Stops do not get moved as it is common for price to come back and visit.

Simple, but seems to be from backtesting to be decent.

(dont wanna hijack vovans thread) i would like to see your ideas in your thread blue.. like graphically.. (i seem to learn better graphically...)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

madLyfe View Post
(dont wanna hijack vovans thread) i would like to see your ideas in your thread blue.. like graphically.. (i seem to learn better graphically...)

Yes, I will when I get a chance on my trading computer. Sorry to @Vovan.

I forgot in my earler post that you either enter on trend break or Moving average like Vovan's examples... etc.. I will do it this weekend most likely. Nothing new here, as I have put together systems like this before, but some revelations for me are on exits lately I think.. Exits are everything.

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Yes, I will when I get a chance on my trading computer. Sorry to @Vovan.

I forgot in my earler post that you either enter on trend break or Moving average like Vovan's examples... etc.. I will do it this weekend most likely. Nothing new here, as I have put together systems like this before, but some revelations for me are on exits lately I think.. Exits are everything.

If that works on forex why don't you use it on TF?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
If that works on forex why don't you use it on TF?

With Forex, you can use much smaller units. It works quite well on larger timeframes with less static.

I don't have the financial capacity currently to do something like that on TF daily. I have not tested smaller timeframes with techniques like this yet as I have been focusing on longer term. I am happy with my current system on intraday.

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
With Forex, you can use much smaller units. It works quite well on larger timeframes with less static.

I don't have the financial capacity currently to do something like that on TF daily. I have not tested smaller timeframes with techniques like this yet as I have been focusing on longer term. I am happy with my current system on intraday.

That makes sense.

Thanks!!!

vovan348 
Moscow

Opened my charts this morning. Saw a nice setup with great target. I missed the first entry and got in on the second one where I would add a second contract.

Then I figured out that it's switch over day and I'm on the wrong contract (thanks @bluemele). I closed it in panic and guess what. It got to my target right after that.

The question is: Why everybody traded yesterday? The day before switch over?

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts