NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,404 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

You are getting better.

You are not as much up and down. You are more consistent and clear.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

bluemele View Post
You are getting better.

You are not as much up and down. You are more consistent and clear.

Thanks man!

I was always looking for something different. Looking for some kind of conformation, trying different indicators, trying to trade from MAs or channels. Now I see that all I need is in MACDBBs. All you have to do is to learn how to read them right!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
Thanks man!

I was always looking for something different. Looking for some kind of conformation, trying different indicators, trying to trade from MAs or channels. Now I see that all I need is in MACDBBs. All you have to do is to learn how to read them right!

I believe it is like that with anything, whether it be MA's, Oscillator's, etc..

It is funny though, I find myself paying less and less attention or focus on the MACDBB as I trade more. I try to understand the price action underneath and why it would cause this or that and how the BB's would look etc..

Like for example, when you have a straight run up. Of course, that is going to cause separation of 12/26 MA which will cause you to move above the midpoint only to find your way back there at some point. Then it will range and now you have to decide, bull flag or retracement or new trend? If you are thinking the overall wrong direction then you will have problems.

I also forgot that today was FOMC day! I don't trade those days, but the 2nd time I forgot in a row to even look. Starting Monday I should be on live @ 4:30 and I am excited because I can also feel more 'real'.

I have looked at longer TF's, but honestly they bore me a bit. I don't like staring at the screen for too long and I feel like I always need to come back and check my charts.

Off for a nice cool ocean swim! (Actually cooler than temp, not cool compared to where you are at.. )

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

We had some snow last week. So no swimming for me. Haha...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320295232.758074.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	53965  
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
We had some snow last week. So no swimming for me. Haha...

Haha... Yes, East Coast weather. I don't miss it. I lived in Virginia Beach for a short time and boy.... Makes life different every day though and it doesn't bother you to spend all day inside, whereas here I feel sick if I spend time inside....

Life is good!

vovan348 
Moscow

One trade again. Same as yesterday!

I got scared of pull back. Same as yesterday!

I just don't feel like risking my profit and wait for pull back to take me out. It makes more sense to lock some profit then wait for pull back and if conditions are still in that direction reenter. If conditions have changed go opposite direction, but if are still in the trade it's too late because all your profit already gone.

I'm not sure if that's right or wrong, but I think it fits me better. I mean I could get 6+ points if I waited for my target, but I could get easy 4+,5+ points by taking trades that i marked. It's more trades and more commissions, but it's less risk and I feel mach better when I already have some green to risk that I didn't have before market opened than risking money from my account.

Another thing it's more important for me to have +2-3 points every day than get 5-6 points one day and then loose next few.

Here is my trade and summary:

Here is my video:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Amen.

I agree with you as long as you had a clear target. My issue with the short was that I didn't have a clear target as I had a few in mind, but I felt due to the strong long earlier that it was headed up overall.

That skewed my ability to stay short. You and I were thinking the same today.

You did good but you suffer from 'dis-ease'. I must let go and be ok with it knocking me out, but like you I feel that consistency is better for me at this point emotionally.

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

vovan348 View Post
One trade again. Same as yesterday!

I got scared of pull back. Same as yesterday!

I just don't feel like risking my profit and wait for pull back to take me out. It makes more sense to lock some profit then wait for pull back and if conditions are still in that direction reenter. If conditions have changed go opposite direction, but if are still in the trade it's too late because all your profit already gone.

I'm not sure if that's right or wrong, but I think it fits me better. I mean I could get 6+ points if I waited for my target, but I could get easy 4+,5+ points by taking trades that i marked. It's more trades and more commissions, but it's less risk and I feel mach better when I already have some green to risk that I didn't have before market opened than risking money from my account.

Another thing it's more important for me to have +2-3 points every day than get 5-6 points one day and then loose next few.

Here is my trade and summary:
Attachment 53981
Attachment 53982

Here is my video:

It looks like your just trading single lots at this point based on what your saying here (which is fine). When you build enough confidence (and enough $) after just grabbing a couple of points at a time you should not get locked into that habit. When you move to multiple lots take one off and let one ride kind of thing. There will be plenty of times where you wont get a pullback and you will watch it sail away without you aboard. This is the thing that will really get you on your feet. You probably know all this, I just thought it was worth mentioning because it is important.

Edit: just another thought, maybe after you get into a trade and it starts rolling in your direction just focus on the larger time frame charts so you won't get shaken out so easily. If you stare at a small time frame it will scare the hell out of you.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

kbit View Post
It looks like your just trading single lots at this point based on what your saying here (which is fine). When you build enough confidence (and enough $) after just grabbing a couple of points at a time you should not get locked into that habit. When you move to multiple lots take one off and let one ride kind of thing. There will be plenty of times where you wont get a pullback and you will watch it sail away without you aboard. This is the thing that will really get you on your feet. You probably know all this, I just thought it was worth mentioning because it is important.

Edit: just another thought, maybe after you get into a trade and it starts rolling in your direction just focus on the larger time frame charts so you won't get shaken out so easily. If you stare at a small time frame it will scare the hell out of you.

I have found for me personally after doing the take 1 off and let the rest ride that I actually do worse. But maybe something that you get better at, but I did this for the last couple years and realized it was costing me.

100% agree on smaller timeframe. You are right. It will shake you out. Something my wife repeatedly tells me as well as Horst and others. Old habits die hard. Good points.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

kbit View Post

You are right. Usually when I have big target I would manage it at 440 or 610. I wasn't really sure how far that's gonna go and I didn't really have such a clear target. Fibs I think kinda tricky for targets. You never know from what level it's gonna bounce or how far it's gonna go or from what pivot you should get them from. You have to watch macds very close on every level. I think my targets are much better in strong trend in one direction when I can use extantions on larger time frames. Like for example after it turned to the upside I would have a couple clear targets.

Thanks for your input.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts