NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,404 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

bluemele View Post
One thing I noticed on your video charts and take them with a grain of salt:

1. White background strains the eyes. I have a hard time watching your video!

2. I would put a slight buffer on your MACD windows to be a little further 'left' of the window by a few pixels. I believe this will clean that MACDBB chart up so you can see it more clearly.

3. Lastly and most importantly, the one thing I didn't see you do today was trend lines or price action shapes. It hit some areas perfect and that can add some ammo to your entries.

Thanks for the comment.

1. My background is "ControlLight" which is light shade of gray. It works for me very well. I don't like dark colors because they are kinda depressing for me. I had white color at 4181 and 1597, but I changed them to the same with others. I'm sorry to hear that it's hard to watch it for you, but I think high brightness on your monitor could be the reason for that.

2. I changed my Right side margin on MACDs from 5 to 20, but it didn't really bother me.

3. For now I'm working at general direction of the market and I'm paying attention to fibs more than anything. MACDs I use just to see if this is the area or not. I think next week I should work more on the entry areas. I think my entries are still gonna be off, but I think I can get closer and closer to the pivot. I agree that I should use PA more for my entries. I want to take it step by step. General direction->areas for entries-> fine tuning entries. I think it's gonna work better for me this way. Sure I'm trying to get nice entries at this stage, but I see that my areas are off. So that should be a problem to fix for now.

Thank again! I think you did a great job today. Can't wait to see you trading live and making $$$!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

vovan348 View Post
Thanks for the comment.

Thank again! I think you did a great job today. Can't wait to see you trading live and making $$$!

I already am. Sim = Live.

I agree with you on the direction then entries. I think you got that down. Just some pointing out.

What brightness level do you have on your monitors?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
I already am. Sim = Live.

I agree with you on the direction then entries. I think you got that down. Just some pointing out.

What brightness level do you have on your monitors?

My brightness is on 60, but I think that depends on the monitor. You should find level that pleases you eyes!

What color do you use? I wanna try it also. It seem pretty warm and relaxing to me.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
My brightness is on 60, but I think that depends on the monitor. You should find level that pleases you eyes!

What color do you use? I wanna try it also. It seem pretty warm and relaxing to me.

Here is my color, but not sure it is the best.

"RosyBrown"

I like a tan color because that is what Henry taught from NFT, but I had a lot of other charts screens that I stared at and realized that white tired my eyes the most! Black was good unless there are a lot of indicators flashing everywhere.

I have come to the conclusion that unconfusing your mind is critical. When I get setup like I want to, my office will be well lit, 2 screens, nothing on my desk, chair that forces me to stick my head into the screen, some incense burning and some nice noise canceling headphones with some meditation music flowing through them. Almost there now.

Oh, and my brightness is 80 on an HP monitor.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Took all my 4 trades today.

I started practicing with trend lines today. It's hard to pay attention to trend lines, fibs and MACDs at the same time, but I think I'll get use to it. I was more comfortable by the end of my trading already.

I was looking at historicals over the weekend and drown a lot of trend lines. I think it gets really messy on 144 with all this lines and another thing I think that 144 give smaller targets. I wanna try to find areas from trend lines of 610 and then zoom in to 144 for entry. I think I should manage trade at 610 also because it's too much information on 144 that can take me out before my target hit.

Over all I like using trend lines and it seems to be great way to find entries:
Here are my trades and summary:

I'll post my video when it's ready!

here is the video:

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Great job!

Good patience on waiting for that long again!

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Great job!

Good patience on waiting for that long again!

Thanks. That was my target from the third trade. I just couldn't hold it that long. I was afraid to over hold it again.

i changed my color to "tan" I hope it's gonna be easier for you to watch. It's really soft and nice color, but when I look at it on my laptop it's kinda pinkish. I love my HANNS-G monitor .

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
Thanks. That was my target from the third trade. I just couldn't hold it that long. I was afraid to over hold it again.

i changed my color to "tan" I hope it's gonna be easier for you to watch. It's really soft and nice color, but when I look at it on my laptop it's kinda pinkish. I love my HANNS-G monitor .

Well, don't do it for me. I only watch it once.

It is much better on the eyes though for me at least, so thanks.

Interesting how are screens all look so different as my monitor looks very different then what you see on the recording.

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Well, don't do it for me. I only watch it once.

It is much better on the eyes though for me at least, so thanks.

Interesting how are screens all look so different as my monitor looks very different then what you see on the recording.

Haha... I didn't do it just for you. I was trying different colors and this one seems very nice to me. I think it fits me even better than gray.

I do like using trend lines. I've never used them that much as today. I used them once in a while here and there before. It does work by a tick a lot of times. It's a great way to spot the entry I think.

I still get confused sometimes, but I think I'll get hang of it pretty soon!

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Do you have 'chase' set on your ATM Strategy at all?

I would if I were you and make it 1 or 2 ticks.

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts