NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,845 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

bluemele View Post
Yes, good points.

No need to watch my vid as it sucked. I know, I made it. haha...

I just couldn't see it today at all....

Market conditions change, so sometimes it will trend first 30 minutes and other times not. What I have found (secret) is that NEWS events don't move the markets in the spring time frame, but as soon as summer takes over NEWS will start moving the market again. It has now happened 2 June's in a row whereby the market is 'slower' and when news happens it sped up.

When you were trading, velocity had picked up substantially! So, I think the point of this system is to just trade when things are moving, not SLOW SLOW SLOW like it does sometimes.

I don't count losers or winners. I forget about the trade the second it happens pretty much except if it was a good look or not and how many points it went etc..

Maybe that is just me, but I tend not to measure any longer, but some people do statistics, just not me. I used to have complex spreadsheets logging everything etc..

If you forget your trades next second then what's a point of taking it? When you took a loss you should remember it to try do not get in the loosing setup again. Same way with winners. Remember how does it look like and wait for the same setups.

I mean it's good to forget about losses when you trade live so they don't make you angry and do not affect your next entries, but after you done you have to go back and find a reason why it didn't work and try to avoid it next time. I understand that every setup is different but with time you can see more less similar conditions.

As I know you are a business man and you just said "some people do statistics, just not me". If you want to make living trading you should treat it as a business. You don't have to spend time to fill up a spreadsheets, NT can do everything for you. Just go to statistics and account performance. Look at the weekly monthly reports to see where you stand. How do you know when you are ready to trade live again? Sometimes you have a few good days a week and you think that you are good now but when you look at statistics that's not so great. How do you know how you are doing and what is your goal?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

vovan348 View Post
If you forget your trades next second then what's a point of taking it? When you took a loss you should remember it to try do not get in the loosing setup again. Same way with winners. Remember how does it look like and wait for the same setups.

I mean it's good to forget about losses when you trade live so they don't make you angry and do not affect your next entries, but after you done you have to go back and find a reason why it didn't work and try to avoid it next time. I understand that every setup is different but with time you can see more less similar conditions.

As I know you are a business man and you just said "some people do statistics, just not me". If you want to make living trading you should treat it as a business. You don't have to spend time to fill up a spreadsheets, NT can do everything for you. Just go to statistics and account performance. Look at the weekly monthly reports to see where you stand. How do you know when you are ready to trade live again? Sometimes you have a few good days a week and you think that you are good now but when you look at statistics that's not so great. How do you know how you are doing and what is your goal?

Simple. I go back live when I am 2+ points a day for 2 months at minimum. Preferably 3 on both. I believe I will know when it is time. Not something a number is going to tell me from Ninja Trader in my opinion.

I think there are just different personalities who find security in different ways. To me, money talks the rest doesn't mean much. I trade like I would with real money or at least I believe I do and I can also tell when I fall out of that 'feeling'. I did the other day when I clicked away for 30 minutes because I was angry etc.. haha..

Time will come where I will know it is time.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Simple. I go back live when I am 2+ points a day for 2 months at minimum. Preferably 3 on both. I believe I will know when it is time. Not something a number is going to tell me from Ninja Trader in my opinion.

I think there are just different personalities who find security in different ways. To me, money talks the rest doesn't mean much. I trade like I would with real money or at least I believe I do and I can also tell when I fall out of that 'feeling'. I did the other day when I clicked away for 30 minutes because I was angry etc.. haha..

Time will come where I will know it is time.

If it works for you this is all that matters. I hope we both trade live soon.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

I had some problems with getting data in the morning. Windows update messed up my settings and that was a reason for a bad sound quality yesterday.

So I started about 20minutes after market opened. I took only two trades today.

First trade. I got in little bit late on the trend. When it ran for over 2 points everything told me rally clear to get out, but i didn't wanna see it. It took me out with +3 ticks.

Second trade. After it hit 76% I saw bear flag and got short. I could get over 4 points, but I decided to take 3.5.

Today I did good with entries but not so great with exits. Just from those two trades I had potential for 6+ points, but I'm good with 3.8 also. I still have a lot to work on.

Had to split video again. First trade in the first and another one in second.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Good job on that short. You called it earlier when you said it will probably go to the 76 etc..

I was just placing arrows at that point and eating my breakfast. I will start going in a little later as the best runs have all been a bit later lately. I did run that trade that you were on and I got I think 6 points or so out of it on 2 contracts and would have been knocked out on the 3rd when it did the deep retrace.

It is looking a lot clearer later in the day lately.

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Good job on that short. You called it earlier when you said it will probably go to the 76 etc..

I was just placing arrows at that point and eating my breakfast. I will start going in a little later as the best runs have all been a bit later lately. I did run that trade that you were on and I got I think 6 points or so out of it on 2 contracts and would have been knocked out on the 3rd when it did the deep retrace.

It is looking a lot clearer later in the day lately.

I agree. It seems like a lot of choppiness at the open for the last few days.

vovan348 
Moscow

Took 3 trades today. 2 of them loosing and 1 winner.

I saw a signal to revers, but I think that's enough for today. Tomorrow another day.

My goal is to get 2-3 point a day for now and if I get to that level I might raise my goal. I don't want to drown in my trades. I want to keep it simple so I can concentrate on each trade and remember setups.

Still have 15 mins limit so 2 videos again.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Good job! I was done trading by then pretty much. I did take the same short, but didn't get filled. I didn't feel as confident that it was headed down, and I thought there was more up so I was being cautious.

Your trade management was quite good.

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Good job! I was done trading by then pretty much. I did take the same short, but didn't get filled. I didn't feel as confident that it was headed down, and I thought there was more up so I was being cautious.

Your trade management was quite good.

Thanks!!
You did a great job on that long. I took short there. Haha...
When I looked back it was pretty clear but I didn't see live.
On that short I was sure we are going down. And after I exited there was a nice setup for long but I kinda felt tired after that short. This a first time I felt that way.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
Thanks!!
You did a great job on that long. I took short there. Haha...
When I looked back it was pretty clear but I didn't see live.
On that short I was sure we are going down. And after I exited there was a nice setup for long but I kinda felt tired after that short. This a first time I felt that way.

Yes, sometimes your brain says to relax. As someone who comes from a world of too much too often, then I have to calm my mind down a lot.

Good you can listen to yourself like that. I didn't feel the same way as you on that short you took. I didn't like the 'area' that it turned around in and seemed just short of a major couple of areas so....

It wasn't in my video, but I put another arrow on bar before the breakout down. I would have taken at least 2 points on the first 2 and about 4 on the last one. It was a nice run.

That long wasn't as clear to me on my review. 4181 was definitely saying going up though, and I finally listened!

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts