NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,908 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

Didn't do any good again!!!
It seems like I'm really straggling!

I used my first 3 trades at the same pivot and I told myself that I should not do it about a week ago. But that's only one of my problems. 4181 was strong to the upside but I kept taking short. I think this is a problem when you are looking for reversal trades it's hard to see continuation entries.

I think when you get in reversal trade you want to see it in your direction and trying to ignore everything else.

I took five trades again. Couldn't stop after 4. I use them so fast and then I feel like there is much more trading time and it's not fair to stop now.

I recorded live video today but I had to split it to upload on youtube.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

vovan348 View Post
Didn't do any good again!!!
It seems like I'm really straggling!

I used my first 3 trades at the same pivot and I told myself that I should not do it about a week ago. But that's only one of my problems. 4181 was strong to the upside but I kept taking short. I think this is a problem when you are looking for reversal trades it's hard to see continuation entries.

I think when you get in reversal trade you want to see it in your direction and trying to ignore everything else.

I took five trades again. Couldn't stop after 4. I use them so fast and then I feel like there is much more trading time and it's not fair to stop now.

I recorded live video today but I had to split it to upload on youtube.

I will review later! You took trades where I did also. I wasn't reading the 4181 as strong 'up'!

I have a solution to days like today BTW, but considering it ranged before it was obviously long then what do you do? haha..

I just say thank goodness every day isn't like today. This is a trend traders dream day.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
I just say thank goodness every day isn't like today. This is a trend traders dream day.

I have to disagree with you about this. If we couldn't recognize direction of the trend doesn't mean that it was a bad day. You don't have to consider it as a continuation trade. If you look at the picture you can see that you are in the area (50%) you got separations at all small MACDs and 4181 is strong to the upside. The only thing was going wrong 987 making a nice foot, but at the same time it can be considered as a support area at the upper BB. If you look at that all marked up it doesn't look like continuation ( I know that it is), it's just a setup for long from 50% retracement.

I mean I was looking at that foot and I thought it's gonna go more down. I know that it's hard to see it live and easy to say it now. That's a huge problem that we set ourself for short for example and don't want to see long. I think when that day come when we can keep our mind open for any direction we'll be much better traders.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Here is another setup.

On the picture it's 23% bull flag but if you set your fibs from closer pivot it can be double bottom, 76% or 50% ( Whatever you like better). At this one we didn't even had a foot at any MACDs the only thing was a nice separation at 1597. But again 6 MACDs show you up and only one down but at support area. To bad I didn't take advantage of any of those setups. All I had in my mind was "short".

As we know 23% flag can go for 200% but even if you take you profit at 61.80% you could make 3 points.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
Here is another setup.

On the picture it's 23% bull flag but if you set your fibs from closer pivot it can be double bottom, 76% or 50% ( Whatever you like better). At this one we didn't even had a foot at any MACDs the only thing was a nice separation at 1597. But again 6 MACDs show you up and only one down but at support area. To bad I didn't take advantage of any of those setups. All I had in my mind was "short".

Attachment 41023

As we know 23% flag can go for 200% but even if you take you profit at 61.80% you could make 3 points.

I agree. Open up a 440 chart and it is even more clear where there were entries to the upside.

I do not see the 4181 as long as that had some nice separation early on and could easily bend over. I will take a deeper look, but hard to take a trade just off that anyways.

I was thinking today that it could do exactly what it was doing and that is why I did market speed-up after my trades to see where it was going.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

I couldn't trade opening today and didn't feel like making video.

I took 10 trades today. I don't have that rule about 4 trades any more because I was afraid to use them. I didn't want to use them when setup is not clear enough and then take a trade that much worse.

Today was a BE day only 2 ticks left from the profit. I knew that I had to stop after 7 trades and keep 1.5 point but I didn't.

Here are my first four trades

I knew that we are in the down trend but I wanted to get long and revers for sort at the mid band. When it reached MB I thought it's gonna brake through and didn't revers (my bad )

Here are another 5 trades:

After it took me out from the trade #4 I was trying to get short but took another 2 losing trades. Then I saw that price couldn't brake above 781.6 and I took short one tick below. Right after that it broke two ticks higher and went down. I closed it when I saw a slowdown and 100% was still far away.
#8 I tried to get long at 61.80% (didn't work) and #9 was 100% but it took me out and ran in my direction.

Here is trade #10

I took it at 76.4% on the pull back with divergence but it went to 89%. I'v been waiting for pull back but then decided that it's enough for today. And here are results:

I think it wasn't a bad day I just had to stop after 7 trades or take #11

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Today was another hard day to trade for me!

I had 7 trades and 6 of them were losing. I could skip few of them but I take them for educational purposes. I know that if I just watch market and do not take a trade I'm not gonna remember it. Too many trades is bad also because I cannot understand what I'm doing. I could be done with 4 trades or so because some of them were just stupid.

I just decided that instead of taking 4 stupid trades and stop trading I should take 8 or 10 but 1-2 should be right and then just try to make less mistakes. In the learning process I'm making a lot of mistakes and it seems like 4 tries is not enough for me. If I always stop after a few losers I'll never see how it should be right. If I don't know what's right where I should go? What should be my goal? I have to see more and more winning setups and try to remember them instead of looking just at losing ones.

Sorry just had something in my mind and had to let it out.

I had to split video again. I posted only 14 videos and I cannot post anything longer than 15 mins yet.
Sorry for a sound quality, I don't know what's wrong with my mic.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
Today was another hard day to trade for me!

I had 7 trades and 6 of them were losing. I could skip few of them but I take them for educational purposes. I know that if I just watch market and do not take a trade I'm not gonna remember it. Too many trades is bad also because I cannot understand what I'm doing. I could be done with 4 trades or so because some of them were just stupid.

I just decided that instead of taking 4 stupid trades and stop trading I should take 8 or 10 but 1-2 should be right and then just try to make less mistakes. In the learning process I'm making a lot of mistakes and it seems like 4 tries is not enough for me. If I always stop after a few losers I'll never see how it should be right. If I don't know what's right where I should go? What should be my goal? I have to see more and more winning setups and try to remember them instead of looking just at losing ones.

Sorry just had something in my mind and had to let it out.

I had to split video again. I posted only 14 videos and I cannot post anything longer than 15 mins yet.
Sorry for a sound quality, I don't know what's wrong with my mic.

Yes, your Mic seems like you are in a toilet bowl.

Good trade on that long. I stopped prior to that as I got a little wore out and already expended my trades. I am considering going down to 1 contract and just doing more trades then. hmmmm.

It is funny how you and I saw the market differently though in certain regards. You got a much later start.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Yes, your Mic seems like you are in a toilet bowl.

Good trade on that long. I stopped prior to that as I got a little wore out and already expended my trades. I am considering going down to 1 contract and just doing more trades then. hmmmm.

It is funny how you and I saw the market differently though in certain regards. You got a much later start.

Toilet bowl is the best place for trading!!!

Well I'm trading 1 contract to learn where exactly to exit. When you scale half with some profit and loose on another half do you count it as a winner or looser?

I didn't finish watching your video yet. I didn't have enough time.

I just didn't feel like getting up early today. I started 10 mins after market opened. I like to trade opening but I think it's not a must to look at your charts before market open. Market usually looking for direction for a first 30 mins and then goes with the trend. Someone told me to make a couple points in first 30 mins and run but I feel like I wanna learn how to trade in any conditions. There is a reason for that. About a year ago when I was trading live with another strategies I would take a couple trades on different markets right at the open and run. It worked for four weeks and I was so happy. Then next couple weeks it didn't work and I didn't know what to do.

Now I'm trying to see positive side in any market conditions and find good setups. As you can see it doesn't work very good yet but I'm still learning.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
Toilet bowl is the best place for trading!!!

Well I'm trading 1 contract to learn where exactly to exit. When you scale half with some profit and loose on another half do you count it as a winner or looser?

I didn't finish watching your video yet. I didn't have enough time.

I just didn't feel like getting up early today. I started 10 mins after market opened. I like to trade opening but I think it's not a must to look at your charts before market open. Market usually looking for direction for a first 30 mins and then goes with the trend. Someone told me to make a couple points in first 30 mins and run but I feel like I wanna learn how to trade in any conditions. There is a reason for that. About a year ago when I was trading live with another strategies I would take a couple trades on different markets right at the open and run. It worked for four weeks and I was so happy. Then next couple weeks it didn't work and I didn't know what to do.

Now I'm trying to see positive side in any market conditions and find good setups. As you can see it doesn't work very good yet but I'm still learning.

Yes, good points.

No need to watch my vid as it sucked. I know, I made it. haha...

I just couldn't see it today at all....

Market conditions change, so sometimes it will trend first 30 minutes and other times not. What I have found (secret) is that NEWS events don't move the markets in the spring time frame, but as soon as summer takes over NEWS will start moving the market again. It has now happened 2 June's in a row whereby the market is 'slower' and when news happens it sped up.

When you were trading, velocity had picked up substantially! So, I think the point of this system is to just trade when things are moving, not SLOW SLOW SLOW like it does sometimes.

I don't count losers or winners. I forget about the trade the second it happens pretty much except if it was a good look or not and how many points it went etc..

Maybe that is just me, but I tend not to measure any longer, but some people do statistics, just not me. I used to have complex spreadsheets logging everything etc..

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts