NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,769 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

vovan348 View Post
@bluemele I've seen a couple of her videos. She did really well.

Sometimes I feel like I stuck on this stage and I'm not sure when I can move further. Sometimes I even think that I'll never be profitable. Like you said it's not in my DNA. But this is not an attitude I need. I have to break though this stage.

Tomorrow another day! Let's make it right from now on!!!!

I agree. I have felt that a great many times, but not today. I have had a terrible week and a half of trading, but every trader does and to have 'perfection' is highly unrealistic.

Your trading is quite good, but I honestly wouldn't set any expectations for consistent profitability until it comes and clicks. Not saying you are, but that has been my biggest problem as I am at heart competative (used to be!) and struggle with perfectionism. The key to me is to let go of what others think, believe and just 'let go' and accept the good trading. I have now gone through probably 6 or 7 down periods through my trading and I believe with each one I grow substantially.

So, my current mentality (thanks to my wife) is to 'appreciate' this time and learn from it! This is why I am SIM and until I can make 2-3 points daily consistently. It may take me 2 months to 10 years, but I am ok with either. I would prefer somewhere in-between and closer to 2 months!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
22 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

5 trades today, but not because I broke my rule. I didn't see order at first time and pressed it again.

Not really proud of today's trading, but I'm disappointed either. I just can't believe that we were still moving higher.

I could make my money on my second trade (third), but I moved my stop to BE+1. Would I just wait another few seconds.

It seems like every time I move my stop it takes me of and go without me, but when I keep it on place it takes me out anyway.

Here is my video:

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Another choppy up mess day in my opinion. These are the market conditions that change so much that will have you gift gift gift.

This is the point I make so often and to me in these times you have to change the way you interpret the MACD's. That upsets everyone in Henry's camp. But you do see now what I am talking about how market conditions can change and really screw with your head. Especially if your setup ("the foot") works 1 out of 4.

That long was nice! I caught exactly the same move, but I was impatient and gave a couple gifts getting into it. That could have been all we needed to do today. haha...

Hindsight... Just a hunch, but I feel like (from historicals) that we are revisiting 2008. Big down, sharp up, then big down again and October/November are known to be volatile. Should be an interesting ride, but hopefully nothing like this for the next couple months!

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Finally I made some profit!

It was kinda tough day for me again.

Bad luck on the first trade. I took me out by a tick and moved up for 3+ points. I could get 2 points out of it easily and be done for today.

It was hard for me to get in because of the long bars. I tried to get on very top on my second trade. I was afraid that if I wait for that bar to close it's gonna be too low to get in. So it moved little bit higher and then in my direction.

On my third trade I had target at double top but I moved it higher because looking at MACDs I thought it's gonna go higher. So instead of 3+ points I got 2. I'm fine with that on because I know that it's not possible to get max profit every time.

Then I got short and got out at my target.

Here are my trades and summary:

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Good job!

My entries were not so good and a 5 tick stop in this environment is tough ESPECIALLY when you don't pay attention to your MACD's!

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Pretty choppy morning, but could make some $$$.

I could stop after second trade with +1.2 points, but I chose to risk it for more profit.

It's alright trading for me. I enjoyed watching MACDs. Some times I think that I read them wrong and today it was little bit different. I feel like my vision for MACDs have formed already and it's little bit off. I have to fix that.

My weekly summary doesn't look so great, but I can fix that if I trade right for the next few weeks.

My video:

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

I have rarely seen days like this. It is especially tough in my eyes.

I was up 1 tick for the day!

I caught a long. Ran out of time to trade today a bit.

These conditions are the worst that I have seen in 2 years of trading this system. I am still SIM and I did a good job of holding my stops with one error.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

You just missed that last nice short.

The trendlines were matching up beautifully today albeit for such a rangy day.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Really disappointed in myself today!

I took first short. I got filled really low and I moved my stop to 5 ticks. It took me put by a tick and ran down.

Then 4181 was on the rail down, but I took 3 longs against it. I told myself on Friday that I should not take any trades against large MACDs and I did it again. I got exited about separation at 1597 and got chopped in pieces.

And here is my video:

Thanked by:

Angler 
Winter Park, FL

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TS,CQG,Oec,ATP,TOS
Broker: TS,Fidelity,CQG
Trading: ES,RTY,FX
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 9

Never fight the trend ...

How low does it wanna go?

Wait for PB jump on the train and hold on heh ......

"Yeah, well, you know, that's your opinion, man..."
Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts