NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,404 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

Alright!

Only 3 trades today. First one was a loss of 8 ticks and then I had 2 small winners.
Non of them got to my profit target.
My first trade could be BE easy, I wanted to give it little bit more room to work out. On my other two trades I decided that small win is better than small loss and trailed my stop after bars closed in my direction.
For my targets I used fib extensions, but I guess I got them from wrong pivots. Would I use them from closer pivots I would get little bit over 1 point more, but I was waiting for a bigger run and it didn't happen withing my trades.

Here are my trades and summary:

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks

vovan348 
Moscow

cory View Post
volatile = noise, solution is filter out the noise like this
ps. once you filter out the noise you can go with any instrument you like.

Cory thanks for sharing, but it looks too complicated to me. I better stick with one thing and make it work. I know I can do it.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

vovan348 
Moscow

Three trades again.
First trade took me out by a tick and I was pretty upset about that. I could run it much longer.

Second trade I got in too early and missed the next entry because I was too slow. Second entry could give me over 4 points. But that didn't happen.

Third entry was really nice and clean. I had my target originally for two points couple ticks above yesterday's close, but it was moving down nicely and I moved my target to 100% extension and stop to BE+1 to give it some room. It did hit my target, but after it took me out.

The only thing I'm happy about that I'm still closed in green. Not as much as I wanted but it's better then loss.

I could easily make over two points today. I think I just got greedy on my last trade.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

vovan348 View Post
Three trades again.
First trade took me out by a tick and I was pretty upset about that. I could run it much longer.

Second trade I got in too early and missed the next entry because I was too slow. Second entry could give me over 4 points. But that didn't happen.

Third entry was really nice and clean. I had my target originally for two points couple ticks above yesterday's close, but it was moving down nicely and I moved my target to 100% extension and stop to BE+1 to give it some room. It did hit my target, but after it took me out.

The only thing I'm happy about that I'm still closed in green. Not as much as I wanted but it's better then loss.

I could easily make over two points today. I think I just got greedy on my last trade.
Attachment 47368

Good job!!!

Yes, it took me out as well a bit quickly or I would have probably had a nice 8 point run. My bad habit hurt me pretty badly today! I have to be more like Roger!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

I had bad feeling about trading today because of Bernanke speaking.

I was hoping to be done before that. I saw a couple setups, I was slow and not so sure about them.
Then I used my 3 trades really quick.
Market was moving really fast with large bars. On my second trade I got 3 ticks higher and my stop was at BE+1, but I got out with -1. My last trade was really nice, but I got some sideways before it broke up and ran for over 7 points to close of yesterday closing the gap. So over all -1 point. I'm ok with it.
Even if I have all 3 loosing trades with full losses it's gonna be not more then -2.5-3 points. I think I can deal with that.
The way I'm thinking that my average day should be around 2-2.5 points and my daily loss should be -2.5 points. I think that I should not have more than one loosing day a week. That should give me 3 day's net profit a week 6-7.5 points.
I hope it's gonna work that way.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Slow day. Used all my three trades.

I saw a couple setups earlier but wasn't ready to pull trigger.
First trade with full stop of 9 ticks. I thought to get out with BE+1 when I saw that price stall and didn't move any higher. Then I thought to pull my stop one tick below of that stall, but decided to give it some room to work out.

After news I was waiting for any move because market was really quiet. Then after 3 points move I got short on the pull back and then retried again on the complex pull back. Last trade could be a couple ticks positive, but again wanted to give it some room.

So first day of the week is negative 1.8.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

I got MACDBBs back on my chart.
I needed something for more confidence.

Today only one trade. I just don't want to risk that money and get in another trade.
I wanted to get in at double bottom at 9:31 but I was too slow and didn't get filled. To be honest I think I wouldn't hold it all the way up, but I could get about 1.5 point at least.

Here is my trade:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
I got MACDBBs back on my chart.
I needed something for more confidence.

Today only one trade. I just don't want to risk that money and get in another trade.
I wanted to get in at double bottom at 9:31 but I was too slow and didn't get filled. To be honest I think I wouldn't hold it all the way up, but I could get about 1.5 point at least.

Here is my trade:
Attachment 47801

I tried getting that long too and I clicked 1 second too late. haha...

I was lining up my charts... haha... Good job though. Today was an interesting day!

It is ok to only take 1 trade. I would think that is a nice goal!

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Today I used my trades withing first 15 mins. I wanted to be done before news and kinda rushed it. My first trade was really nice, but it took me out with one tick before it hit my target for almost 3 points. Second trade was on weak pull back and third one at complex pull back. Last trade could give me some profit, but it tool me out with one tick again.

To be honest I thought that we are gonna close gap before news (red line). That was the main reason for my shorts. But it didn't happened. So this is my second loss for the week. Not so great so far.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
Today I used my trades withing first 15 mins. I wanted to be done before news and kinda rushed it. My first trade was really nice, but it took me out with one tick before it hit my target for almost 3 points. Second trade was on weak pull back and third one at complex pull back. Last trade could give me some profit, but it tool me out with one tick again.

To be honest I thought that we are gonna close gap before news (red line). That was the main reason for my shorts. But it didn't happened. So this is my second loss for the week. Not so great so far.

Attachment 47947

Yes, I took that nice long after the open, then shorted, but got bounced about 3 times. These new charts are hard for me as I find myself never looking at the 144...

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts