NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,908 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

It was a nice day, BUT one without a major retrace until a long time coming. Perfect for a trend trader. These last few weeks have probably been a dream for most trend traders...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

bluemele View Post
It was a nice day, BUT one without a major retrace until a long time coming. Perfect for a trend trader. These last few weeks have probably been a dream for most trend traders...

I like trading with the trend, but I get confused at areas of S/R. I cannot see if it's gonna break it or retest and continue with the trend. I need more time to learn it. I can see it when I do historicals, but it's hard for me to see it live.

I note a lot of things from historicals, but it's hard to remember everything and use it in live market.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
I like trading with the trend, but I get confused at areas of S/R. I cannot see if it's gonna break it or retest and continue with the trend. I need more time to learn it. I can see it when I do historicals, but it's hard for me to see it live.

I note a lot of things from historicals, but it's hard to remember everything and use it in live market.

I personally believe it changes with time. Sometimes it will react or move a certain way, then it will do the same thing again and again and then STOP. It won't do it the same way for a week, month or several months, then all the sudden it starts behaving the same way again.

Just my opinion, but like today, to me it was squirrely compared to how it has been the last couple days.

vovan348 
Moscow

Yesterday I woke up around 5 am and couldn't sleep.
I practiced at 6E for a little bit then went back to bed.

So I missed the opening and got back to market around 11:30.

I had 5 trades with two contracts. I entered both at the same time and exit differently. Some of them were just scalps for a few ticks. Here are my trades from yesterday:

Here are results:

I couldn't trade opening this morning today again. So I had one trade after 13:30. I saw double bottom first and then we broke through, but weakened right away. So I entered two contracts long and first target was couple ticks below of last high and second one was at 828.00 below S/R level. It didn't reach second target by 4 ticks and reversed.

Here is my today's trade:

And here is summary:

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Had two trades today.

The first one was really stupid. I don't even know why I got in long. I just saw weakness to the down move which told me that it's ready for retracement. Would I play it right I could make about 10 points.

Second trade I got with the trend but I took only 4 ticks on the first part. reason for that was price moving up with rejection for lower price. I thought " I finally got entry with the trend and seems like trend getting over".

I gave little bit more room for a second part. I had profit target set at 805.9 but it reversed for pullback few ticks before it and I just moved my stop too close to get out.

Here are my trades and summary:

vovan348 
Moscow

I couldn't understand at all what was going on today!

I wasn't angry I just couldn't read it right.

I had 10 trades with 2 contracts and all of them losses.

Here are my trades:

Here is summary:

I probably gonna make video later on to explain all those trades.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Here is the video with today's trades:

vovan348 
Moscow

I was playing with my charts and got in one more trade.

Just one contract and it finally worked.

made 2.1 point back from my huge loss.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
I was playing with my charts and got in one more trade.

Just one contract and it finally worked.

made 2.1 point back from my huge loss.
Attachment 44963

I used to have days like -10 points. Actually I had 1 day like that! In February and I have had a few at -5 and a several at -3 etc.. for some reason, I don't recall any -4's...

I didn't seen the long at all today, but not sure on how you are trading these days. The MACDBB's were on the rail heading up and I guess it was clear. BUT, I expected short I guess so that is why I made a few gifts myself. I need to trade what I see!

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
I used to have days like -10 points. Actually I had 1 day like that! In February and I have had a few at -5 and a several at -3 etc.. for some reason, I don't recall any -4's...

I didn't seen the long at all today, but not sure on how you are trading these days. The MACDBB's were on the rail heading up and I guess it was clear. BUT, I expected short I guess so that is why I made a few gifts myself. I need to trade what I see!

Thanks for cheering me up!!!

I'm not really upset with today trading. I don't know why. I've been more upset with 2.5-3.5 points loss a couple weeks ago.

The good thing that I didn't just click it with anger. I could keep myself calm and could still analyze market movements.

For some reason today it didn't break out at the fourth swing and it did at sixth. I don't know what's up with that.

Another thing I was paying too much attention to 1 min chart instead of consentrating at 3 min for most of the time.

Sure you saw only shorts because you are a counter-trend trader. You are looking for any chance to get in against the trend. In the trending day you get chopped up, but it works very well in the ranging days.

I'm pretty sure that I could do better today, but I'm not a pro and I'm just practicing to make it work and I'm sure I can make it sooner or latter. Everything takes time and practice.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts