NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,404 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

cory 
virginia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

as rollover days and end of quarter and option expire week approach I am sure it will get worse.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
18 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,537

vovan348 View Post
It seems like I've got a bad habit getting in right after I got out.

Some advice:

- Why did you get out?
- Most people set their stops based on pain threshold. This makes no sense, set your stop based on price action. If required stop is too big for your pain threshold, don't take the trade at all.
- If you get in after just exiting, then why did you get out in first place.

Review your journal. It should list a reason for getting in a trade, and a reason for getting out. This should be documented immediately upon the trade being executed so you record true/accurate info, and not "after the fact" revised info to fit the situation.

When reviewing the journal, look for patterns behind your reasons for exiting trades prematurely or reasons for re-entering trades so quickly after exit.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

Big Mike View Post
Some advice:

- Why did you get out?
- Most people set their stops based on pain threshold. This makes no sense, set your stop based on price action. If required stop is too big for your pain threshold, don't take the trade at all.
- If you get in after just exiting, then why did you get out in first place.

Review your journal. It should list a reason for getting in a trade, and a reason for getting out. This should be documented immediately upon the trade being executed so you record true/accurate info, and not "after the fact" revised info to fit the situation.

When reviewing the journal, look for patterns behind your reasons for exiting trades prematurely or reasons for re-entering trades so quickly after exit.

Mike

Thanks Mike for an advice!

5 ticks stop loss makes sense if you get in at the edge. It takes you out if you were wrong. My problem that I think that now it's gonna work and get it too early again. I should make live videos and then watch them after I'm done so I can see seasons for the entry.

I didn't do any good today again and I reinstalled my NT but entry arrows are still displaced. When I started trading I didn't realized that my MACDs were set to "close bar-true" and I didn't have live dots. I treated plotted dots as live. When I realized that it was too late.

Then I noticed that my MACDs by itself look different from MACDs at from the charts.
Here are the pics:

One on the left is Maximized from the chart and the right one is overlayed in the main panel with erased bars. So I had to readjust all of them again.

I contacted NT support about arrows displacement and this is what I got back

"It's possible to see the, but does not necesarily indicate a problem. Please see the following link on how trade executions are plotted.

How Trade Executions are Plotted

What you can do is make sure your PC clock is synced to the correct time, but what you may be seeing could just be due to having multiple bars with the same time stamp."

I think that my PC time is about 1-2 seconds ahead but I'm not 100% sure (it's really hard to say). I couldn't find any information about syncing NT to PC time in "help" section.

I think I'll do better next week. I'm not sure if I'm gonna trade tomorrow or just watch the market.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

vovan348 View Post
Thanks Mike for an advice!

5 ticks stop loss makes sense if you get in at the edge. It takes you out if you were wrong. My problem that I think that now it's gonna work and get it too early again. I should make live videos and then watch them after I'm done so I can see seasons for the entry.

I didn't do any good today again and I reinstalled my NT but entry arrows are still displaced. When I started trading I didn't realized that my MACDs were set to "close bar-true" and I didn't have live dots. I treated plotted dots as live. When I realized that it was too late.

Then I noticed that my MACDs by itself look different from MACDs at from the charts.
Here are the pics:

Attachment 40644

Attachment 40645

One on the left is Maximized from the chart and the right one is overlayed in the main panel with erased bars. So I had to readjust all of them again.

I contacted NT support about arrows displacement and this is what I got back

"It's possible to see the, but does not necesarily indicate a problem. Please see the following link on how trade executions are plotted.

How Trade Executions are Plotted

What you can do is make sure your PC clock is synced to the correct time, but what you may be seeing could just be due to having multiple bars with the same time stamp."

I think that my PC time is about 1-2 seconds ahead but I'm not 100% sure (it's really hard to say). I couldn't find any information about syncing NT to PC time in "help" section.

I think I'll do better next week. I'm not sure if I'm gonna trade tomorrow or just watch the market.

Vovan,

Can you upload your template for the MACD window? I want to compare it to my own if you could. Or save it as a template and it is an .xml file that you can upload.

I will have to see the differences on my PC. Which one do you like better, maximized etc..?

Interesting.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

That also solves the question about NinjaTrader timestamps.

Because I am doing market replay they are accurate.

I could not replicate your issue as my matched exactly doing it both ways for the MACD window.

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Vovan,

Can you upload your template for the MACD window? I want to compare it to my own if you could. Or save it as a template and it is an .xml file that you can upload.

I will have to see the differences on my PC. Which one do you like better, maximized etc..?

Interesting.

Well I'm using a different MACD. It's made by FatTail also but I think this is a newer indi. It doesn't act like yours, if you try to use it with the same settings you have it's gonna look different.

There is a template and MACD so you can compare:
MACD.xml

anaMACDBBLines.cs

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
Well I'm using a different MACD. It's made by FatTail also but I think this is a newer indi. It doesn't act like yours, if you try to use it with the same settings you have it's gonna look different.

There is a template and MACD so you can compare:
Attachment 40649

Attachment 40650

Looks identical. I just changed my look and also use the standard settings for the MACDBB.

Also, once you get an indicator to look the way you want it after you have changed it, then right click on the indicator settings table and choose "Set Default..." and then all the calls on that indi will match.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	40655  

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Looks identical. I just changed my look and also use the standard settings for the MACDBB.

Also, once you get an indicator to look the way you want it after you have changed it, then right click on the indicator settings table and choose "Set Default..." and then all the calls on that indi will match.

I know about setting default. I tried your template and adjusted a little bit to my taste and everything works fine. Even my arrows got back at the bars

Yesterday I was ready to shoot myself because nothing looked right on the charts.

Today I took 13 trades. I didn't feel like trading today and I've been playing with my charts first 30minutes of the market, then tried to place order and see the arrows. I've lost a little bit but I didn't care because I was just testing it.

Then I saw a couple setups and ended up with +2.1 points. Today is a first day after rollover but market looks very tradable.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
I know about setting default. I tried your template and adjusted a little bit to my taste and everything works fine. Even my arrows got back at the bars

Yesterday I was ready to shoot myself because nothing looked right on the charts.

Today I took 13 trades. I didn't feel like trading today and I've been playing with my charts first 30minutes of the market, then tried to place order and see the arrows. I've lost a little bit but I didn't care because I was just testing it.

Then I saw a couple setups and ended up with +2.1 points. Today is a first day after rollover but market looks very tradable.

Vovan,

Please post a chart as I am up for learning on how market was tradable today. I thought it looked a bit 'lacking'.

Did you trade June or Sep?

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Vovan,

Please post a chart as I am up for learning on how market was tradable today. I thought it looked a bit 'lacking'.

Did you trade June or Sep?

I traded sept.

The first profitable was a continuation trade but I got out too early. Then a trade in a circle was at 100% extantion from 4181. My wife was asking me something about trading and I showed her some trades on the way up with reversing and closing etc. Then she told that it's gonna go up and said that it's gonna go down from 76% so I took it long and we made a bet.

When I saw it got back to 76% with divergence I reversed and added a second contract because I was sure it's going down and I close when I saw that it couldn't break through 50%.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts