NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,769 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

I had an amazingly difficult time to get filled today. And with 5 ticks it was just toying with me. I had almost 30 trades today and was down a lot!

I was thinking long on the long term, so I was fixated on holding my trades to those targets and ignoring the MACD's. Today took out 4 days profit.

I knew I had the right direction if I couldn't get filled. haha...

You win some, you lose some. Today was a day to learn from for me, but nothing I already don't know.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

@bluemele

Did you really have to use "self-deprecation"? This is my second language. Give me a break. Haha...

As I said before those big runners I hold only when I have big loss to make back. If I didn't loose anything before that I take 2-3 points and run. Like today I knew that it's gonna go to 50% and then to 76% but I had my target at 100% because that would give me BE + some profit. I didn't want to wait at that point for 76% because I had no need to wait so long watching pull backs going against me. I'm just looking for the area that would give me what I need with as less pull backs as possible. But if I have lost a lot already I will wait longer and manage it better because I need as much as possible from that run.

I don't know if it's right or wrong. That's just psychological thing. It's hard to make myself to wait longer if i already have what I need and I can loose it.

It's hard to explain, but I think you understand what I'm saying.

You are right about my impatience and that's very clear. I can hold myself for a day or two and a then back to normal. Haha..

Thanks for your comments. Even if you want to say something critical don't worry and let it out. I can take critic and I'm not sure if I have ego about that. I always open for someone to point out my mistakes, or even give me some advice to overcome it.

Thanks Nami!!!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
I had an amazingly difficult time to get filled today. And with 5 ticks it was just toying with me. I had almost 30 trades today and was down a lot!

I was thinking long on the long term, so I was fixated on holding my trades to those targets and ignoring the MACD's. Today took out 4 days profit.

I knew I had the right direction if I couldn't get filled. haha...

You win some, you lose some. Today was a day to learn from for me, but nothing I already don't know.

Yeah! I feel the same way!
Today money could be made in both directions withing first 30 mins.

I have to watch you video to see why did you think it's long.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
Yeah! I feel the same way!
Today money could be made in both directions withing first 30 mins.

I have to watch you video to see why did you think it's long.

Yes, rendering now. I didn't say why I thought it was long, but I studied my long term charts and I thought it was clearly long. So, I thought the 4181, 1597 weren't going to give me proper signals etc..

I am ok with today. You have some really bad days and then you have some really good days. Unfortunately for me, my good days need to start matching my bad days in points!

I am learning!!!

I think it was long because of the long term bar setup and 'look' but that is hard to take 5 tick entries off such a theory!

The good thing was that I kept my composure (except for 2-3 trades) and was focused on what I thought was correct, but I didn't even evaluate it going short. I must be open and trade what I see. I was closed off today and it showed.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Yes, rendering now. I didn't say why I thought it was long, but I studied my long term charts and I thought it was clearly long. So, I thought the 4181, 1597 weren't going to give me proper signals etc..

I am ok with today. You have some really bad days and then you have some really good days. Unfortunately for me, my good days need to start matching my bad days in points!

I am learning!!!

I think it was long because of the long term bar setup and 'look' but that is hard to take 5 tick entries off such a theory!

The good thing was that I kept my composure (except for 2-3 trades) and was focused on what I thought was correct, but I didn't even evaluate it going short. I must be open and trade what I see. I was closed off today and it showed.

I don't even look at TF bigger than 4181 now. I don't think that I need them if I need just 2-3 points a day. You probably gonna disagree on that. If you are trying to get 5-10 points run and you found your entry from smaller time frames then they can be useful.

That's just what I think.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
I don't even look at TF bigger than 4181 now. I don't think that I need them if I need just 2-3 points a day. You probably gonna disagree on that. If you are trying to get 5-10 points run and you found your entry from smaller time frames then they can be useful.

That's just what I think.

Yes, you are right, but it sure helps if you see the longer term trend because I believe it helps you with the right direction. That all depends on how trendy it is. All different....

I guess it can also screw you up like today for me. haha...

I think the biggest thing is that you can't take this too seriously. At least for me, this is not life and death. If I do take it too seriously then it ends up being too much drama and stress and then it makes it harder to be clear and just move forward. If I get down on myself it just muddies it for tomorrow. I have to just let go and move past but learn the best I can.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

You did good today! You had the vision for short, but I think a lot of people didn't see that deep pullback. One thing that you didn't do (maybe you did) was have your profit target set? Where did you think it was going to go?

Just curious on your thoughts on the MACD's and where the target would be with them looking that way?

vovan348 
Moscow

Here is my video:

vovan348 
Moscow

11 trades and a lot of anger!!!

I'm still angry! Haha...

I guess I need some professional help.

I had to stop after 6 trades. My anger didn't let me!!!

Here is my summary:

My trades are gonna be in the video.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

I will wait to watch the video. I used to get very angry. Then I would get depressed, but now I know it is just a journey.

I remember one time I took a very good friend of mine on a 6 hour hike through Waipio valley on the big island. I just had surgery to my intestines 5 months prior and was just getting back in shape and he was in decent shape.

About half way through I started seeing him go through all these emotions. Fear, Frustration and then Anger. It was fun to watch.

When we got to the campsite in Waimanu valley he said, "Dude, I don't want to fucking hike out of here!". So, on the way back I made sure he didn't have any extra stuff and after the 36 hours in the valley camping he had a sudden change of heart and was the first one out of the mountain.

When we got back he said that was the most fun he has had in a very long time. Amazing how getting out of your comfort zone actually changes you.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts