NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 296 posts (265 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 204 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 18 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,404 views
    2. thumb_up 541 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 604 posts
    2. attach_file 241 attachments

Search this Thread

Vovan348 Day Trading TF with NFT setup

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

bluemele View Post
My advice, again, take it with a grain of salt, but never click that DOM unless it counts. Think of SIM as REAL, otherwise, when you go to live your mind will screw with you.

Good job on the trades!

I agree!!! I opened demo account with PFG and my plan was to play with CL on new platform. I wanted to play with orders the most. In the morning I've had some problems connecting to that account but my mind was already set of playing with CL.

I didn't want to screw my calculation on NT, but after I started I thought this week was't the best any way. Lol.
I treated TF as real and CL as a joke.

I know it's not right but it's already done.

Thanks for your input!!!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

vovan348 
Moscow

Today was a little bit challenging trading for me.

I took a couple low probability trades and paid for that.

Here is my summary:

Also took one trade on MW that I didn't take on NT, but I don't wanna count it.
For some reason my indicators on MW little bit different from NT. It would save me from a couple mistakes but at the same time I think it can be apposite way.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

You might want to change the name of your thread.

"Vovan's Vivacious Voluminous and Vicious vivid trades"

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
You might want to change the name of your thread.

"Vovan's Vivacious Voluminous and Vicious vivid trades"

Sounds pretty cool!!!

I have to take of NFT part for sure.

vovan348 
Moscow

I didn't post anything for two days.

On Tuesday I stopped trading after 2 trades with -1.4 points. The day was horrible and I was sitting on my hands for the most part.

Yesterday was pretty slow at the open and I stopped after a couple trades with -0.3 but I came back and started experimenting. So by the time market closed I was -4.3 points.

I've been thinking a lot lately about my trading and my setups. So I'm looking for something that would give me R:R ratio at least 2:1, then try too keep my win% above 50%.

Today that was my main goal. One of my trades I closed too early. I wanted thought about win% and forgot about R:R. It did get to my target but I wasn't patient enough.

Here are my trades for today:

And here is my weekly summary so far:

I got back on a green side but it's not a lot of green.

I stopped playing with MW. It does look cool and price is great, but after playing with it for a little bit it seems pretty row. Something I liked better than in NT but overall it still far away from NT7. I think next version will be much better.

Also I think I'm gonna work with RangeNoGap for now. I traded on 233T today but when I changed it to RNG it seems better and entries are clearer.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Great news...

I like long term Range Charts, but for me short term range charts are a challenge if it is 'rangy' and always end up looking at longer term charts...

I guess I should be doing that anyways...haha..

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Couldn't trade the open today. My son was still sleeping on my shoulder and I didn't want to wake him up.

I opened up my charts around 9:50. TF was moving up and I took my first trade for continuation of the uptrend. When it took me out my indicators changed to the down side and I entered short. There were a few targets and I got little bit confused but I'm happy with that trade any way.

Then I saw long setup that didn't work. I kept taking longs as long as indicators were long. I'm trying little bit bigger stops (1 point). I looked at my yesterday trades and with 1 point stop I wouldn't have loosing trades at all. As long as I'm looking for at least 2 points my R:R is still 2:1. Today It did cost me more but I wouldn't stay in second trade with 7 ticks stop. My win% was pretty bad today and I blame market. Haha... It was just choppy on at that reversal area.

When I finally could stay in the trade I was kinda angry but I was holding myself together. When it moved to aver 3 points I moved my stop to +1.1 and I was ready for BE day. That was also few ticks below support area. I didn't feel like trading any longer. Then it went to the next area of resistance and I wan't sure if it's gonna break through to reach my target. when price stalled I just took 4 points and call it a day.

Here is my summary for today and the week:

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Here is the chart with my trades. I think it's important to have charts in the journal. I didn't post any because I was trying to trade different setups with different indies.

vovan348 
Moscow

Today took a loss of 4 points.

I couldn't trade in the morning and I opened my charts for pm session. It wasn't clear for me at all around 13:30. It was just a sideways. I decided to go long. I wanted to trade so bad and couldn't see on my hands. Market was pretty slow and boring but I wanted some action.

Then it broke down and ran pretty nice. I didn't have any setups so I waited for at least pull back to LinReg. That one didn't work. I thought that I don't have enough time before closing and started to rush myself. I took a couple more trades without valid setup and last trade 2 mins before closing. Haha... It was pretty emotional today.

I'm not happy with the way I traded, but I'm not upset with results. I think I can get it back with no problems.
Also I took of MACD. I think that all I need is on the chart and MACD distracting me and messing up my thinking.

Here are my trades and summary:

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Took another loss today. I guess I could do better. Took 5 trades not following my rules. That cost me 2 points. Could be a BE day.

That's alright. I know that some days are gonna better and other worse. Should follow my rules next time.

I'm down 6.1 points so far. Let's see if I can get it back this week.

This song was on when I was trading and I thought that's about me. Haha..

Here is my summary for today:

There is the video with my recap below.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: January 18.mp4
Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 1, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts